It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron PM say's No to Medals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My dad was in WW2 serving as a Merchant Seaman, he too part in 7 convoys taking things to Russia, he lost lots of his best mates when his ships were hit and sunk, he himself got badly burnt in fires on his ships, plus hands and feet frozen from Atlantic cold sea's. However Russia wants to award the few of these men that are left with a Russian Medal, Cameron who has never served the UK in any service say's no to medal.
The link below tells you more than I can here, thanks for reading folks.
rt.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
My dad was in WW2 serving as a Merchant Seaman, he too part in 7 convoys taking things to Russia, he lost lots of his best mates when his ships were hit and sunk, he himself got badly burnt in fires on his ships, plus hands and feet frozen from Atlantic cold sea's. However Russia wants to award the few of these men that are left with a Russian Medal, Cameron who has never served the UK in any service say's no to medal.
The link below tells you more than I can here, thanks for reading folks.
rt.com...
Cameron deserves a medal for being the biggest titt
there is!!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What a total ass.... From the article:

The Foreign Office turned down the request, saying that the information provided ‘does not describe any relevant service specific to Russia within the last five years,’ the embassy’s press release said. The decision may be revisited if the Russian diplomatic service provides details of veterans who satisfy to the five year criteria.

“It is, however, difficult to imagine the persons in their late eighties and early nineties to do things similar to what they did at the time of the war 70 years ago,” the Russian embassy wrote in its statement.

“It does not diminish in any way our gratitude to them for their fighting for the common cause of defeating Nazism and delivering Europe and the whole of mankind from this existential threat,” the embassy said.

Moscow also vowed to contact each British veteran slated to receive the award.

Well, I cant help but tip my hat in respect to Moscow on this one. That takes some class SO long after when I can't imagine any political gain or angles for the people in Russia doing it. Perhaps, just once, it's about doing the right thing before everyone who did it has died of old age.

Right on to Russia for saying hell with Cameron and vowing to still personally contact each of the men they intended to show their gratitude toward. THAT is the part which shows the most class. How many nations would just throw their hands up and say, well we tried, and drop it there?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hi op

Cameron is a T*T

But not to worry
I seen a documentary a while ago
it shows that every year russia holds a memorial to the convoys
and awarded lots of british men with medals, they are very apreciative...

on the news now at this minute Camermoron has just said he wants a national celebration
for the lads that died in ww1

Make up your mind moron this country does not need you
edit on 11-10-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have observed that the UK is a little wierd about service decorations. For example, the governments/royal families of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia commissioned, "liberation of Kuwait" medals for Desert Storm. One of the two medals is worn by US service personnel who participated, along with the US "SouthWest Asia Service Medal".

UK personnel I beleive were allowed to have the medal as a "keepsake", but CANNOT wear it on their uniform as an actual decoration. The US has a whole medal called the "Legion of Merit" that is often issued to non US personnel for acts performed with or for the United States, and eccepts virtually all medals from other nations so awarded to US personnel.

SW Asia Medal
en.wikipedia.org...

Liberation of Kuwait
en.wikipedia.org...(Kuwait)

Same for Saudi....wow, real gold inlays....
en.wikipedia.org...(Saudi_Arabia)

British servicemen have not been given permission by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to wear this medal. The wearing of the medal or the ribbon is strictly forbidden. It is accepted only as a keepsake.

Legion of Merit
en.wikipedia.org...

Don't know why they wouldn't allow their WWII folks to get a Russian medal, I beleive the same medal was awarded to US merchentmen recently as well.

A US Marine was recently awarded the UK Distinguished Flying Cross.....

www.marinecorpstimes.com... uished_flyingcross_070321/

So what's the big deal???

edit on 11-10-2012 by SrWingCommander because: titles on medal links

edit on 11-10-2012 by SrWingCommander because: quote on UK

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Bullington club bigot.There's something far wrong with that man,the scary thing is he's prime minister.Need I say more?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
Bullington club bigot.There's something far wrong with that man,the scary thing is he's prime minister.Need I say more?

Hes a prime idiot ... 'cameron' sounds like a name for a chocolate bar..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Its actually a Scottish name with a long proud history in Scotland but he brings shame to it.
I just hope he does to English voters what Thatcher did to Scottish voters-made sure they'll never vote Conservative again!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This does not surprise me in the slightest.

Brave men who put their life on the line everytime they ventured off on one of the convoys don't deserve a medal, whilst the robbin banksters who bank roll his party receive honours left right and centre.

Bully for the bullys!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Its actually a Scottish name with a long proud history in Scotland but he brings shame to it.
I just hope he does to English voters what Thatcher did to Scottish voters-made sure they'll never vote Conservative again!
Sorry if i offended any scot's sorry to camerons etc sorry glen i lost my head there for
a second..But cameron is just the titt of the week.. i got angries..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You didn't offend me mate but everything that nob Cameron seems to do does.He reminds me of a few snooty kids I used to torture at school.(they deserved it,honest)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If I was one of those old timers and Moscow offered me an award and I could make it to the ceremony, screw the PM. I'm going.

Who the heck is he to make of break the deal? Not his to decide. He is in the position he is in because of those who served all those tears ago.

I'm not sure how it works in the UK, but that would be political suicide in the US. Every year Congress OK's this or that person from way back when to this or that medal. Good stuff. What does it hurt anybody?

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what the political calculus on this one was...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Camerin should recieve a medal.
It should weigh one ton and be nailed to his head, then he should be tossed into the sea. The man is a scumbag.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Camerin should recieve a medal.
It should weigh one ton and be nailed to his head, then he should be tossed into the sea. The man is a scumbag.

That sir cheered me up hear/hear...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Just why do the British vote for those nameless sons of nameless fathers? Perhaps his real name is O'bameron?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I hate cameron but im just sat here wondering what miliband would have done! Who are these people running this country??? FITIOTS!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I can't help but think that the whole policy of refusing the foreign medals, regardless of its stated reasoning, is just a calculated effort to avoid embarrassment to the British government. It doesn't matter who is in charge, at the core they're all in it together, and the establishment is geared that way.

So, imagine the outrage if something like this went ahead and the medals were awarded. The tabloids would scream bloody murder to boost their sales, rightly or wrongly, and the public would be incensed that a foreign nation can find the time and money to thank the men for their service whilst their own country cannot. By refusing the medals the government can save face, even a few people like us do find the whole thing disgusting. That way, it's unlikely to make front-page news. It looks more than just a judgement by Cameron and his cronies to me, though of course they go along with it and prevent the awarding because it's in their interest to do so.

So good on Russia. Why should any government be able to tell its people what they can and can't accept for their service? Then again, on one level it's all a bit trivial and absurd to argue about this sort of thing. You would hope the government had better things to be getting on with.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
Hi op

Cameron is a T*T

But not to worry
I seen a documentary a while ago
it shows that every year russia holds a memorial to the convoys
and awarded lots of british men with medals, they are very apreciative...

on the news now at this minute Camermoron has just said he wants a national celebration
for the lads that died in ww1

Make up your mind moron this country does not need you
edit on 11-10-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

So which PM HAS given them medals in the last 70 years? Hmmmmm? That would be none wouldn't it? Twat.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
David Cameron is a complete and utter twat.

He doesn't give a toss about the people of this country.

I don't see what it has to do with him and how he can stop these brave people from receiving this deserved recognition.

reply to post by glen200376

Where is the relevance?

What a weasly, hate ridden person you must be to wish misery and hardship on people you don't know anything about.

For the record; Thatcher screwed over large parts of England, Wales and Northern Ireland as well as Scotland.
I live in North East England and we felt the impact of her policies just as much as Scotland or anywhere else - in fact we've probably been shat on by more governments and rulers than any other part of the UK - but I don't use that to vindicate ill will upon anyone else.

You Sir should take that chip off your shoulder before the bitterness within consumes you.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Snobbery, peevish snootyness, sneering, leering schadenfreude and galvanized, anodized scorn are all the subject of patents by the English ruling class. Thank God the lower classes have chips and ale as compensations.

British seamen have done the nation proud from the Armada, to Trafalgar, to Murmansk, from the South Seas to the Poles. The world salutes you while you are being rubbished by the cream of the scum of your country.
edit on 15-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join