It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SURPRISE! The 7.8% jobs numbers were in fact, wrong.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Unemployment has continually gone down and you're whining about it?

You're not an American. You want Americans to suffer.

You need to move to the nation of Republicanstan and enjoy all of your trickle down/no regulation.
Leave the United States to its recovery and whine about something else.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The thing is --- and I've tried to point this out in other 'unemployment number' threads --- employment metrics are only one measurement of the economy. And they are a LAGGING indicator at that. Baltic Dry Index, consumer sentiment, housing prices, factory orders, the markets, etc. all have to be considered together to determine in which direction the economy is moving. This obsession with the unemployment rate is a political tactic. The fact is, the economy is getting better, albeit more slowly than anyone would like. The overwhelming majority of Americans ARE working and that is creating increasing demand which will lead to jobs. It's a painfully slow process. Look back at historical trends. As long as things stay on the current track we'll get there. Of course, something stupid could happen --- say, a war with Iran and an untold number of other countries as one side is seemingly hell-bent on --- and then we can all go back to square 1. The square we found ourselves on because of the LAST two wars.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by gorgi

reply to post by gorgi

NBC is a right wing website now? Really? I mean...really?? NBC?

Okay... Is the entire MSM a vast right wing conspiracy like Hillary said way back when too? Umm.. wow.. I feel jipped if the whole establishment is supposed to be on my side. I really do.

CNBC is.
I didnt expect you to know that though. Facts can be very rare here.

Well, thanks for the "Education"... I'll take mine without the extra condescension next time....and accuracy is something you're lacking..badly. If CNBC is a "right wing" news channel...then so is CNN, MSNBC, ABC and CBS.

My goodness....when CNBC has gone to the Republican Party..I guess no media remains free anywhere. Scary thought..for some, and a nice world for me to imagine. It's a shame the world you imagine existing in media, doesn't.

Take care though..... I doubt we'll chat much again. That reply is a level of maturity I'm not sure where to go with....and you're right. ATS DOES have entirely too much of it just recently.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

CNBC is a very conservative channel, however NBC isnt. I know that complicated to understand.

I see. Its okay if you dont want to talk anymore. Sorry you dont like facts. I wont show you them anymore.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

reply to post by gorgi

NBC is a right wing website now? Really? I mean...really?? NBC?

Okay... Is the entire MSM a vast right wing conspiracy like Hillary said way back when too? Umm.. wow.. I feel jipped if the whole establishment is supposed to be on my side. I really do.

CNBC is.
I didnt expect you to know that though. Facts can be very rare here.

Well, thanks for the "Education"... I'll take mine without the extra condescension next time....and accuracy is something you're lacking..badly. If CNBC is a "right wing" news channel...then so is CNN, MSNBC, ABC and CBS.

My goodness....when CNBC has gone to the Republican Party..I guess no media remains free anywhere. Scary thought..for some, and a nice world for me to imagine. It's a shame the world you imagine existing in media, doesn't.

Take care though..... I doubt we'll chat much again. That reply is a level of maturity I'm not sure where to go with....and you're right. ATS DOES have entirely too much of it just recently.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

CNBC is a very conservative channel, however NBC isnt. I know that complicated to understand.

I see. Its okay if you dont want to talk anymore. Sorry you dont like facts. I wont show you them anymore.

Okay, in fairness here and in tending to some threads from recently here... I'd say facts and opinions are radically different things.

A fact would be that CNBC reports news. An opinion might be that CNBC is Liberal or Conservative, as I'd see it.

Many hold the opinion that Fox is radically right wing biased. I'd agree that was once true and it's what brought me to them, actually. Now, it's my opinion that Fox has gone middle of the road Newstainment at best and taken a not so subtle left turn at worst.

Again though.... All opinions.... Subjective.. Liberal or Conservative is 100% a matter of personal perspective, interpretation and bias brought to the table to begin with, is it not? So.... When facts are what we'd be discussing, I love facts. I do facts by the pages... (hears groans from people everywhere..lol)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join