It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Lawmaker Claims ‘Some Girls Rape Easy’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I agree with his statement actually, but only when taken into full context of what he's saying. I myself, while I have never made a girl pregnant and had her accuse me of raping her, have been accused of rape with a previous girlfriend who just liked to lie to people for the drama it created and the attention it garnered her. The girl I'm talking about I never even had sex with so it was an outright lie and I certainly never forced myself on her in any other way. That being said, any girl who up and decides she doesn't like you or wants attention or wants to focus the blame for her decisions in a sex scenario can claim rape, even if you didn't rape them, and that's really what the politician is saying here and he's right.

In my instance she only made this claim to a few of her closer friends, but that was enough to cause me aggravation I hadn't earned. I can't imagine what would have happened if I had actually had consensual sex with her only for her to claim it was rape later. Fortunately since we never had sex she didn't have a leg to stand on, but she didn't need proof for her friends. Also fortunately the majority of her friends also knew she was sort of a compulsive liar, which I had the misfortune of learning after the fact. I'm just glad we never actually had sex because she might have tried to secure dna evidence to claim rape to an authority that could actually disrupt my life in a major way.

Rape is rape, consensual sex is not rape, but that doesn't mean a girl can't claim it's rape.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think this father gave his son some very very good advice!

This has nothing to do with woman/men. People lie to get out of trouble. They do it all the time. A pregnant girl who needs to face her parents may very well try to deflect the blame onto someone else. Its perfectly natural.

However, if the girl is underage, the law applies whether the sex was consensual or not.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So... because there are stories out there of women who used the rape claim to mess up some guys we're going to accept this as being a normal advice and move on?

No wonder so many legitimate rape victims are discouraged and even afraid to press charges because they are victimized first by their aggressor and then by all the skeptical male cops who would ask questions that would make that poor woman feel like she's the criminal under interrogation!

I know a couple of women who were raped, one by a close friend in his apartment and the cops sent her home. The other near a park in late evening but she had enough scars and DNA on her to make it indisputable so the scumbag got the maximum sentence. Both of them still struggle with the emotional scars, almost 20 years later, both have families and kids.

Rape is nothing to joke about and again the fact that some immature women think they can use it against some men can't make it a valid point or advice a father gives to his son! Most rape victims are legitimate.

And of course this whole idea of "legitimate rape" is exactly what the pro-lifers are using to dehumanize rape victims. According to them (see Akin) if she liked it she got pregnant so it wasn't rape...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

What an incredibly ugly way to make a statement. Instead of "Some girls rape easy", maybe say "Some people falsely accuse others of crimes they didn't commit". I know "country wisdom" or whatever you call it is hip among the conservatives but words mean things and how you word something as a public figure can and should reflect on you.

I'm not saying this guy is a dirt bag for saying this but I think he's wrong to think that it's okay to speak so casually and disrespectfully about such a sensitive subject. Not to mention all of the rape victims of whom he essentially just questioned their honesty.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Cuervo because: gramer grammer grammar!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Cuervo

Very well said - bravo!

Tired of Control Freaks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join