It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Americans Determine Debate Winners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It seems pretty clear.

1) He who is loudest. Look at that loud guy! What a leader/role model!

2) He who says whatever is convenient in the moment, no matter how skewed or blatantly false. Coddle us! It's as if we've COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN the Bush years and the policies that got us in our current situation. Tell us what we want to hear, despite the FACTS being as near as the closest computer with an Internet connection!

The last debate was a complete joke -- a mockery of the format. Debaters should be cut off after the time they're given to speak. Being able to simply/loudly steamroll the moderator gives them lots of time to say content-less "I'm so human/relatable" FODDER. Maybe if they were forced to limit what they say to the given time they would give concise points, vs. the blah blah "Look folks... I'm a dad... I love puppies and old people..." WTH?

The reactions of startlingly large numbers of individuals to these debates indicates that we've all been "mentally modified" by 'reality' TV, the decreasing and encouraged lack of questioning authority, etc.

Obama didn't lose the last debate. People simply have short memories, are horribly gullible, and think that the person wagging the biggest saber is the winner -- even if what they are saying is the opposite of what they said last week and that's the opposite of the week before. Even if what they're spewing is fabricated facts/%s...

Half of you on here (the more vocal half) are completely brainwashed by "say whatever is the opposite of the truth"-spin of the Republicans that you will surely come after me in this thread's replies. Have fun!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

So, every single MSM news source was just wrong eh? Obama did lose the debate. You saying he didn't doesn't make it so.

Maybe for the next debate, they can just set up Obama's teleprompter with any old random person reading off it...and then he'll win. The person who writes his speeches, he reads off the teleprompter, would win the debate.

Des

edit on 11-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
One thing that could work well would be the mic going dead automatically after the time..no moderator trying to interrupt..the person speaking simply gets cut off by technology after the time...better talk right to the point, answer the question or not if you want, but thats it...no bias, no complaints of moderators favoring one person or another...simple time managment skills..you either got it, or you don't.

Have a timer right in front of them also so they know when they only have 10 seconds left and they are halfway through some pre-response.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Debates are a farce. There is no winner or loser. Simply two people preaching to their respective choirs.

For a debate to have any value whatsoever it would have to basically be a presentation of numbers and figures, supported by historical analysis used to sell a future plan. Sort of like a business model. Since no one ever does that it's all pointless.

Anything less is simple monkey pandering to a largely unaware population that isnt understanding what it is seeing in the first place.

That goes for all debates. Debating as it currently stands is in an exercise in futility. A show of little to no entertainment or educational value.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

First you need to define the crieria that defines a win. Just looking confident and standing up to someone doesnt make a winner in my book. Lying or mis-representing facts makes an instant loser. No exceptions. Both candidates failed IMO as they both distorted the truth. Looking good doesnt carry any weight.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This is sort of off topic, but i wish to rant a bit.

What is with polling absolutely everything, including the debates.

"Polls indicate that Romney is ahead because of debate" or " Polls indicate that Obama's choice of sandwich he has for lunch has put him ahead"

It is becoming rediciulous how many times i see the MSM offering up these Polls and all i can think is who the hell has that much time to continually volunteer their time to participate in all these polls.

edit on 11-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Pretty much safe to say that Obama is the most articulate president since... forever. I doubt he has a hard time speaking relative to Romney.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

So, every single MSM news source was just wrong eh? Obama did lose the debate. You saying he didn't doesn't make it so.

Maybe for the next debate, they can just set up Obama's teleprompter with any old random person reading off it...and then he'll win. The person who writes his speeches, he reads off the teleprompter, would win the debate.

Des

edit on 11-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

So, Obama lost because???? What impressed you about Romney? His command of false/misleading statements? His suit? The way he did his hair? His lack of perspiration? Come on. get real. They are both losers. We need better for a true leader. I wouldnt let either of those guys run a donut shop much less the country.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Exactly. Well said. Time management should be as important a trait as any... whether you are for 100% of the people... 63% of the people... or 1% :-P.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

You've touched on a massive conspiracy right there. :-) Polls are an ideal way for TPTB to affect people's thinking, with no easy means to being held accountable to fact checking (just try to think of a better method). Groupthink is a powerful thing...

Example: A poll taken in my city found that 99% of people think Mittens is a scumbag.

Or did I just make that up? Maybe I didn't make it up... maybe it was just 49%. You'll never know.
edit on 10/11/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Why would you even watch this crap? Isn't the X-Factor on? I just love watching Britney Spears, she always amazes me with her witty banter.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Why would you even watch this crap? Isn't the X-Factor on? I just love watching Britney Spears, she always amazes me with her witty banter.

Oh, you jester! Britney... lol. :-)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Every American who votes for President determines who they think won the debates. Unless you vote for the person who you think lost the debates.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

As many as Shepard Smith, Bill OReilly, and Sean Hannity can fit on their combined laps?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I would disagree. Clinton was 100 times the speaker Obama is.
He is also blacker. Clinton's got ghetto heart (and is not opposed to ghetto booty).
edit on 11-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Eh, I like Clinton too. He did not have sexual relations with that woman!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Half of you on here (the more vocal half) are completely brainwashed by "say whatever is the opposite of the truth"-spin of the Republicans that you will surely come after me in this thread's replies. Have fun!

I would posit that you are brainwashed into believing that the quadrennial farce that we call "The Presidential Election" actually has any real relevancy in what goes on in this country.

Lets say that there was this game where you got to pick 1 out of 2 people, and they then came up and kicked you in the groin really hard. You could take two approaches:

1. Choose the one that you think will not kick so hard
2. Opt out of the game

Option 1 only empowers the beast Option 2 removes the beasts food supply, plus you don't get kicked in the groin anymore.

Easy choice to make....

new topics

top topics

join