It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cosmic rays offer clue our universe could be a computer simulation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Perhaps what we perceive as angels, aliens or seemingly magical beings could be the admins working within their program.

P.S. I could use the 'infinite money' cheat code.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
Perhaps what we perceive as angels, aliens or seemingly magical beings could be the admins working within their program.

Haha brilliant!
A simple L1,R2,X, triangle,circle turns water into wine!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

The fact is that the programmer has contacted and told you that there are angels and daemons.

But you want to call it admin.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There are definite limits placed on,our reality. Life spans of humans have limits, limits of of percentage of brain used by average human, limited to this earth, etc etc.

As we progress scientifically, we will get closer and closer to the source code and eventually reach a point of deathlessness, full capability of the brain, escape from this planet to others. We will be living limitless and we'll eventually meet the programers/admin. Boy do I wish I was alive for that. I think perhaps in another 1000 years we'll get there, if we don't blow ourselves up first w WW III

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

I have, as I'm sure a lot of you have also, thought of the possibility that we exist in some kind of highly advanced computer simulation, much like the matrix.

Now a group of scientists think they have found evidence of this.

What does everyone think of the subject?

I think something along that line is very possible.

I think physical existence is billions of years of multi-layered energy created worlds.

That is an interesting thought. Thinking about it, if we really are surrounded by an infinite number of parallel universes then surely You must be right in some way!

I do think we are.

I believe the Oneness theory - - - that all is from an original energy source. That energy evolved into consciousness and creates by energy thought.

If I had to go with any theory that would be the one.
I enjoy the Buddhist idea of, instead of a god, all of us being part of one consciousness.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
fourtunately people are working on proving or disproving this, we should know with in a few years if this theroy holds any water.

All it would take is a microscope with a high enough resolution to see pixelation in the universe, I remember watching a special where they where working on making just such a device.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting to die, wake up and realize that we're all really computers generating this "matrix" to power ourselves?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The way I explain it to my kids is comparing our universe/reality to that of a aquarium. We could be compared to the fish that swim around living up life, in the boundaries of the tank/universe, not worrying or understanding what happens outside the glass walls. Our simple fish minds are baffled at how anybody could simulate life and matter in the aquarium. Some fish worship the god that drops the food. Sometimes those fish get ate by bigger faster fish. Fish eat fish world. Everything that exists to the fish is inside the Aquarium.
On the outside there are these great beings that build and maintain all the different aquariums and ecosystems inside. To them the complexity of life inside and aquarium is simple, and manageable. Drop some food once and a while and introduce new life if needed. Clean it when needed, flush the dead. The simple fish not worry about electricity bills or the rising gas prices, those are unimaginable magical thoughts. The daydreams of hippy fish.

Our universe could be compared to a 32 bit processor running 32 bit code. Since it was built for 32bit code it handles the math just fine. And just as we live and maintain/simulate in our aquariums the 32bit cpu can run 16 bit code without problems. Outside of our 32 bit world is the latest greatest 64bit computer who can simulate 32bit code without a problem. So easy it can run multiple versions of the 32 bit world. Compared to a supercomputer that hosts multiple virtual machines using vmware.

If our universe is comparable to a 32 bit software program, of course our 32bit thinking limits us and our imagination. No wonder we want to experience a 64 bit or 128 bit world. Because we exist in the limits of the simulation, the higher levels of operation are out of reach.
Point is that this simulation would not be an issue to what ever processor/computer/network that is running it because it is a magnitude more advanced, like the 8 bit cpu to a 64 bit cpu.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Wow. There really is no spoon..
I wonder if I can figure out how to fly now.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Wow. There really is no spoon..
I wonder if I can figure out how to fly now.

That's easy its RIGHT, R2, CIRCLE, R1, L2, DOWN, L1, R1. Press UP

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
fourtunately people are working on proving or disproving this, we should know with in a few years if this theroy holds any water.

All it would take is a microscope with a high enough resolution to see pixelation in the universe, I remember watching a special where they where working on making just such a device.

Now that's an interesting thought, but yes theoretically that would be the smoking gun!
Assuming this isn't a simulation in a simulation :L

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
If we live in a simulation, i think the only way out s enlightenment, or perhaps physical death releases you from the physical dimensions and you get to see behind the veil.

If this is a simulation, then hopefully when we die we will respawn. Obviously not as ourselves but as someone else. Hmmm, kinda like reincarnation.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror

If we live in a simulation, i think the only way out s enlightenment, or perhaps physical death releases you from the physical dimensions and you get to see behind the veil.

If this is a simulation, then hopefully when we die we will respawn. Obviously not as ourselves but as someone else. Hmmm, kinda like reincarnation.

Reminds me of that old pure pwnage episode with fps Doug, "I wanted to join the military, but I've heard there's no respawn points in RL, I mean what happens if you die out there man!"

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I've been pointing it out for the last few years here on ATS.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Genesis 1

Genesis 1:1

In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

The three verse sets above say this: Word created the universe. That's information. That information was formed from light quanta. The indeterminate wave function of light duality was then collapsed into time, space, matter and energy into an image. That image is where God places us. Additionally, we are the image of Him.

Is it a computer simulation? No. Our version of His creation is imitation. God is One. He is unity and we are multiplicity.

John told us how to see this with a key.

Revelation 13

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e-or of mankind in some translations] That number is 666.

Carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons. Carbon is the basis for our fruit of knowledge. Genesis 3 told us not to make graven images, essentially copying God's perfected designs.

Deuteronomy 4 made it clear and connected God's words to our present day and age.

15 You saw no form of any kind the day the Lord spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. Therefore watch yourselves very carefully, 16 so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, 17 or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, 18 or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below.

First, name all the graven images we produce from Carbon that match the metaphors from nature. All of those are robots and vehicles, both actual and virtual. Next, the inheritance and purpose for Earth number one.

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Earth is Egypt. God calls us out of Egypt as Children growing up to adulthood. Egypt is an iron-smelting furnace for developing souls. The inheritance is the sky, sun and moon. In other words, heaven is the array that we will transcend into from the womb of development. First, we need to pass through five baptisms. Earth (Clay and wilderness), Air (Word / Knowledge / Breath of God), Water (Baptism is immersion into the water of reality) and Fire (Trials). Spirit is the final baptism that is the crown to the ones that put out the fire with water.

The Bible is our guidebook for the Earth 2 when we transcend the material world for the next stage of a kingdom governed by God. Until we Love God and others, the law is not fulfilled and we are slaves to sin, death and rebirth. You must be born again.

It's hard for me to believe that this is missed by so many people. It is so obvious. Nature proclaims this glory. DNA is Word in material form. Light is not a duality, it is a trinity of Particle, Wave (Word) and Consciousness (Holy Spirit). Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Why is the Son the Wave of Creation?

1 Colossians 1:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

I don't need to prove this. It proves itself as evident.

Hydrogen has one proton and one electron in a balanced state of equilibrium, both positive and negative. Hydrogen bonds then include the neutral, neither positive or negative. God starts the process with the first of creation, just as he states. Is the Sun the Son? No. Deuteronomy states this. God has no material image in the fire. God is not the fire. He is beyond it, yet all of it together.

edit on 11-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The book The Universe: Solved by Jim Elvidge makes this very argument from a number of different vantage points. Check out the link for more information.
edit on 10/11/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Anyone curious of this subject would probably find this video to be of relative interest.

The gist is that while crunching numbers in how they've come to understand our reality via mathematical equations using superstring theory, they happened upon a specific code, a very very specific code used in what we know through our understanding of computers as those used for search engines. The code as it formally stands was first humanly conceived in the 1940's as stated in the video.

I suppose the question remains as to why a computer code from the 40's has made itself present in how we've mathematically perceived the cosmos? If it's just a matter of chance, why this code specifically? The fact that it is a code intended to correct errors as stated in the video only seems to raise more eyebrows.

Sure, it's not 100%, however this is our method to understanding the world around us, what now with content like this cropping up within it do we make of it in the end?

This video was posted some months back, so it may not be new to all of you, but it's a related video on the subject.

It's basically audio over a photograph of a Professor Gates in an apparent interview credited to NPR.

Enjoy.
edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance because: Video link error

edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is not as challenging a concept as people make it out to be...

Now examine my signature for a moment.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

cosmic rays offer clue our universe could be a computer simulation

Stick a pin in your hands and you will see it is not.

Or

Maybe some thing more intense will show you it was not.

You would feel everything coming from your senses. But the you that you think you are, IS a simulation itself. Including every manifested form in the Universe.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror

Would that mean you are not you now.... but someone who has respawned many times since the beginning of the game?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
We comprehend that simulation may be a suitable definition, and we ourselves have simulators, why can we not look and see.

We represent samples of our lives everyday but still do not make the correlations.
edit on 11-10-2012 by usernamehere because: To make you wonder :p

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join