It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nyiragongo Crater: Journey to the Center of the World.... Worlds largest Lava lake....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What a nice, civil, little interesting post. No jibes, stabs or fun poking either. Well done! Those pictures are just to die for, if you'll pardon the pun!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
awesome pictures! I couldn't get a good perspective on the size until i saw the guy standing next to the lake, it is huge
thank you for posting this, the pictures were amazing

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You're all welcome.... glad you enjoyed! I found it fascinating....

PA

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Very awesome photos!
They definately have some large maracas to go that close.
I bet the temp just where they were camping was intense!
Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Global warming should be blamed on that monster. Nice pictures and thanks OP for bringing them to ATS.

Funny but I just watched this on Youtube tonight and then found your thread here.
First I want to embed this 1st one due to it`s the one in your posting.

It`s another Lava Lake but not as big but I thought it was interesting seeing how it really seemed to get upset being feed human Garbage.
It is not what the title says but rather Incineration of waste in Erta Ale Volcanoes lava lake.

edit on 10/15/2012 by Connman because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/15/2012 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Wow.. tha was impressive... although it was made to look more impressive than it was in my opinion....

He looks very worried as the guy is perched in the edge, when he runs they cut to stock footage of an overflow from the rim of the lake.... naughty!

PA

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

You know I was paying a little better attention when watching that first video I posted again. It is the same guy at the Lava lakes edge that is in your photo`s. I noticed that due to the smoother looking rocks at his feet. So it was actually shot at that time as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wow this is actually pretty cool.

Also, the center of the earth is much closer to the surface than I had previously thought. Educational!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow amazing! I have only seen Mt. Vesuvius and it doesn't have an active lava lake inside! Still it as an amazing site to see Mt Vesuvius then look down and see the cities below. I visited Pompeii while I was there and it was crazy to see what a volcano can do. You just know these people didn't have a chance.

Volcanoes are powerful and deadly but I find them quite beautiful when they erupt...minus the death and destruction that is.

Very nice pics in the link! Those guys are troopers to do something like this. I would imagine there are some great risks in visiting a site like this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join