It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Black Hole Contains a New Universe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 4chi11e

So for example, if a small rock passes though a black hole, it is squashed into pure energy, then coalesces into say a solar system on the other side. On the other hand, if we were to pass up through the parent singularity, things would be dark since photons would be like the size of golf balls!

Then isn't it possible that our sun is a single photon as are all the other stars?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

I'm not comfortable with that idea. There's blackholes being created all the time, so why aren't there more universes?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Okay, I'm not really understanding this idea. Someone suggests that blackholes are the sources of universes, then doesn't explain how or why?

Can someone clarify this? I'm not a rocket scientist...but it sounds like all the FACTS being tossed out in this thread are contradicting whats being suggested in the OP, and rationalizations (read: speculations) seem just as whimsical.

Could someone help me understand? Or is this a hypothesis without reasoning?

CX

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Octagon

the gravitational forces inside a black hole are extreme. no life possible. imo.

Couldn't see if anyone has mentioned it yet.....but what about using a tornado as an example? Ok i know the forces are vastly different, but isn't the eye of the tornado supposed to be pretty calm compared to the destructive outside?

Who knows what lies deep within a black hole?

CX.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Okay, I'm not really understanding this idea. Someone suggests that blackholes are the sources of universes, then doesn't explain how or why?

Can someone clarify this? I'm not a rocket scientist...but it sounds like all the FACTS being tossed out in this thread are contradicting whats being suggested in the OP, and rationalizations (read: speculations) seem just as whimsical.

I watched Horizon last night (BBC documentary) on "What happened before the Big Bang?" and many of these issues were addressed. Lots of time at the Max Planck Institute and various other places also. The upshot being, it was all way over my head! I do, however, strongly recommend that people try watching it. They were discussing things like Inflation, Infinite Inflation (which the more mathematically minded saw as a complete cop out) and various other leading new theories, with the Professors responsible for formulating these ideas.

I have to say, to me it was fascinating. To someone like Phage it would probably be very tame though!

Dr Laura Mersini-Houghton has a very interesting take on this though.........Dr Laura Marsini-Houghton
edit on 12-10-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I asked for an explanation, not a referral to someone who knows someone who heard from someone else a vague outline of an idea someone else found in a notebook and passed it along...

edit on 12-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sorry, way over my head. Referral is best i can do.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think every black hole leads to the same alternate universe. One is a void spattered with matter, one is matter spattered with bits of void. Makes sense right?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

When have we ever been right in the past about creation and the universe? I'd say just about never. So the idea that we're suddenly right doesn't sit well with me.

Personlly, I'm not sure we'll ever know. Maybe when we're so advanced that we're CONFINED by this universe then we'll actually know something about all this. Otherwise, it's foolspeak.

I won't stop people from searching and arguing about creation theories or the big theory of everything. We wouldn't have science if people didn't do this. But at the same time, I privately think we're just as dumb as we've ever been. Everytime we make progress we bloat with confidence and start shooting off lofty theories to explain everything. This has happened in almost every era. The era of enlightenment was popular for over-confident know-it-alls. We're fools, but that's ok.

I'm more fascinated by astronomy and what kinds of life or extinct life are out here. Maybe there're alien artifacts drifting in space alone or on planetary bodies. Awesome possibility.

Or... just being fascinated with what's in front of us here on earth. Every day I'm fascinating by many things, some of which are natural and some of which are man-made.

Just learn to appreciate the things that're closer to being real. We know there're stars, for example. We observe our own. And we're fairly certain there're others. And where there're other stars, there're probably other planets. And we've seen those too - or think we have. This invites lots of impressive possibility. But if we go much further than that, we start to mimic a preacher at the pulpit because so much of it's limited by our observational reach. Hell, we haven't even traveled to another star yet and we're ready to explain the whole universe. That's, in my eyes, bordering on religion.

Don't be too confident or future people will think you're a blithering fool, if they somehow come across things you wrote or recorded. Honestly, people in the past were usually wrong.

Why would we be any different? We'll probably be wrong too.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Originally posted by john_bmth

It's not my opinion, what you have said is demonstrably false. If you wish to talk science, get your terminology correct. If you wish to criticise science, at least get on nodding terms with the concepts you wish to attack.

lol. You're a dumbass. Falsely attacking my 'terminology', is all that you have done. None of your replies to me contain any actual relevance to the subject at hand.

I apologize for the small crumbs which I have thus far fed your nonsense with. I will feed it no more.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Somebody else said about hawkings a brief history of time had given them this thought back in the 90's, it was exactly the same for me, it also did not help my poor twisted and gravity warped brain when a few years later i saw an article in the new scientist that positively encouraged thought into the idea.

They believe that it is possible to strip away the gravitational field that surrounds a singularity, the article said the amount of positive energy required would be impossibly astronomical to negate the gravitational field, but, a negative charge with enough energy to do the same thing would be incredibly small, one thing we think we know about singularities when they become naked, is, maybe they produce entire universes.

The universe is a giant number cruncher, everything is just a question of time in this reality, a negative charge with enough power to momentarily drop the gravitational field of a black hole because it is at exactly the right place at the right time with enough energy to affect it, statistically, maybe only happens once in every universes lifetime.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

They have advanced technology and know it because theyve been there. they cant admit it though so it looks loke theyre pulling theories out their ass.

You know whats funny though is when these scientists pull theories out of their asses and are right. Smart men.

Seriously though....its a hypothesis to explain where the singularity that started our big bang came from. but it suddenly makes one realize it couldve happened countless times. A singularity has to come from somewhere, or it makes as much sense as "whered god come from?". But the headline is #ty journalism. Thats main stream media for you. It cant be every blackhole because theres actually microscopic blackholes in your body. Faiely sure they dont have enough mass for me to pull universes out of my ass

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

This is getting to the john titor level of freaky. His time machine could be real if you can get a naked singularity into a box. We wont even have to steal plutonium from libyan terrorists like doc brown had to.

Sadly weve gone down a much weirder timeline than john titor came from.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
HEY OP!!!!!

Did you know that ORION (constellation) was an important factor in the Pyramid design?
It just so happens that in Orion's belt, there is a black hole:

apod.nasa.gov...

Approaching the Black Hole

The first frame depicts the observer in empty space looking toward the constellation Orion. The three stars in Orion's belt are visible to the right of the center of the screen. Sirius can be seen as the brightest star in the sky below and to left of Orion's belt, and Betelgeuse is the reddish star just above Orion's belt.

As the movie progresses the observer moves toward the black hole. An odd diffuse glow of light appears in the center of the screen. Soon a black spot appears - the black hole itself. The black hole is almost completely dark - light cannot escape from it. Black holes do release a slight bit of light as they evaporate, as postulated by Hawking.

As the observer moves toward the black hole, the original star images appear pushed away from the black hole This is because the starlight that originally reached you is now strongly attracted toward the black hole and hence deflected away from you. Only starlight passing further from the black hole might now be attracted toward the black hole so that it is deflected to your eye.

Note also "new" dimmer images of stars become visible near the black hole. Here the strong gravity of the black hole has pulled another image of stars around the far side toward your eye. Soon there are two discernable images of everything in the sky. A secondary images of star can be identified with their corresponding primary image by noting that they can be connected by drawing a straight line on the sky through the center of the black hole and finding stars of like color.

As the computer generated animation continues, the observer stops just 42 kilometers from the black hole. The universe looks like a very strange place from here.

Next: Orbiting the black hole.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So basically Disney was right?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

But it could just be extreme at the entrance of the black hole. We have black holes in the known universe and we have not all been sucked in, as far as we know it is only when you at a certain distance to it. Like the gravity of the earth. You are only affected by the gravity if you are close.

These black holes may just be entrances, those planets etc on the other side are effected just like our universe.

There are probably black holes in these other universe that pull things into ours.

Am I making sense? Because I am in the middle of a million things and just jumped on here for a break.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's too bad we don't have the technology to travel great distances in little time. Considering the nearest black hole is 26,000 light years away, it would be awesome if we could send a probe through one. Not in my lifetime anyways.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I still haven't seen a satisfying explanation of the OP's premise.
Is this just whimsical conjecture, or is there something more? Please, show me.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow. Just thinking about this is mind boggling. I think if this theory is true it opens up a lot of things for discussion as for supernatural events, UFOs etc. Really fascinating stuff.

If true this basically means that universes go on infinitely. Every universe inside a blackhole contains other universes in black hole and on and on. Really mind blowing. Science is fantastic.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Wow, a claim that "every black hole contains a new universe" without any proof. Another misleading thread by an OP.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join