It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Black Hole Contains a New Universe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Octagon

the gravitational forces inside a black hole are extreme. no life possible. imo.

I was under the impression that was only the case on the Event Horizon of the black hole. No one knows what it's like on the other side past the event horizon do they?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Huh
Mind blown
I am very interested in this theory though

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I almost never post links this long. If anyone is interested in a concise scientific explanation about the existence of "black holes", this video will show you how we arrived at the "proof" of their existence.

With some things that you can't see directly, one must view their effects on nearby objects. This conclusion was a long time coming. If you have more than a passing fancy and your mind is not know-it-all shut, then see for yourself.

And all those with ADD who just want to fantasize away their time can watch this.
Cool Tune...

I recommend both.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well baby universes were one way to explain information loss with what hawking proposed with hawking radiation. It was discounted for awhile, and susskind was a major opponent.

Its a very complicated subject. Involving black hole thermodynamics. We have kind of moved on from that idea with things like the VERY new Holographic Principle. Its the culmination of a TON of theoretical work in many different branches of physical science. Most of all, black holes and what happens to the information or entropy of objects that fall in.

A VERY well known Berkley Professor gives a great lecture on the Holographic Principle and related

Infact, one of my favorite laymen level papers is from Stephen Hawking, its called "Black Holes and Baby Universes". Ill try to find a link. That might be worth reading tho will be out of date with his current ideas on the topic.

One bit I would like to add myself, as a young student I could never shake the feeling that if causually, the interior of a black hole is a separate place in space and time, and the only other theorized event were space and time are created is at the big bang. More obviously, both contain what Physicists and Cosmologists call a singularity. A point were our current theory of gravity cannot explain the structure of, well, anything. I also couldn't shake the idea that if you observed the expansion of a black hole from the enterior it should look like inflation of the early universe. This had me convinced the every black hole created, or if ate enough material( I theorized the gravity difference would be so severe that alot of material(in some instances and entire area of spacetime like ourown) could escape before the black hole closed off and a critical density of space or even what string theorists call the bulk snapped and space inflated. Continued expansion could be cause by inflow material still expanding space(remember time differences) or by the black hole never disconnecting and as material keeps falling in, it drives the expansion of space? lol, alot is wrong with this picture, but its elegant and I always thought it would be my thesis. It wasn't.

edit on 11-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ive had this theory for years but the fact that mainstream scientists think it could be true is incredible. But wtf is this doing in foxnews? And do you people realize that this increases the probability of aliens existing to like 100%? disclosure coming soon? I actually have a 50 dollar bet that it happens by the end of the year.

But theres billions and billions of worlds in this universe. Arent there a few million black holes? Black holes in other universes? So an infinitely recursive loop? So there could be 99999999999999999999999 bazillion zillion zillion zillion zillion ga#in zillion universes? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm+mmmm+mmmm

I feel really dizzy...
edit on 11-10-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Mind = blown

so is there universes within universes?
why do we exist in these big cyclones in the first place?

I sent this thread to a friend, and said the same thing (including the mind blown part) was gonna comment with it too! Haha, damn you! But crazy stuff. Really opens your mind up and as another stated, could explain all these supernatural/paranormal creatures and mysteries the world has, because they could be from other universes. I mean, if the theory is correct, there is massive energy built up, and tiny particles of that energy could bleed out forming things that we would call supernatural, but are otherwise normal from the universe it bled from. And what did I just type? Rofl. Crazy. I'm just thinking out loud. I hope to see more built around this.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So. Please be understanding, as I am not a cosmologist, but...

Okay. So say a black hole is actually a sphere. The event horizon is the invisible force around it. Could the sphere then be the universe? So if, over time, a black hole becomes larger by consuming matter, and the more matter it consumes, the more it expands. Wouldn't this jive with the whole expansion/speeding up of the universe?

(Just throwing that out there. Feel free to school me if this would never be possible)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Its all still a singularity.....an infinitely comlact point of matter. Could be a bazillion times more massive than the sun but it fits on the tip of a needle......event horizon is just a point where nothing can cross and come back due to gravity.

The singularity causes known laws to break down and get weird. If it exploded it would implode into itself but whats inside a single point? So potentially it expands outside our fabric of space time......

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal
So. Please be understanding, as I am not a cosmologist, but...

Okay. So say a black hole is actually a sphere. The event horizon is the invisible force around it. Could the sphere then be the universe? So if, over time, a black hole becomes larger by consuming matter, and the more matter it consumes, the more it expands. Wouldn't this jive with the whole expansion/speeding up of the universe?

(Just throwing that out there. Feel free to school me if this would never be possible)

The event horizon can be pictured as a sphere. See, Schwarzschild radius

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Do a google news search for black hole. All kinds of new discoveries about black holes in the last few days. Disclosure!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

totally makes sense man.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

Thanks for that link. Very interesting reading, and I'm surprised I've never come across this before.

ETA: Thanks as well, phroziac

edit on 10/11/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: add werdz

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Okay, okay, people, there are some scientists who brought up a really freaking fascinating theory:

Planets COULD orbit singularities beyond the Schwarzschild horizon!

Cool, eh? Totally beyond my ideas about that horizon, I thought there would be such an incredible gravitational gradient that every particle would have been ripped to quarks (and below!?)!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Actually we are not technically inside the black hole.....but in fact speeding outward from the other side of it....the universe is expanding like a cosmic fart.....out of a gigantic black hole in a parrallel universe......

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Our universe contains much more mass than any observable black hole. To me that means that if this theory is correct, our space/time fabric is much smaller than the parent universe.

So for example, if a small rock passes though a black hole, it is squashed into pure energy, then coalesces into say a solar system on the other side. On the other hand, if we were to pass up through the parent singularity, things would be dark since photons would be like the size of golf balls!

Idk, that's just how I always imagined it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Is it possible Black Holes are the Wormholes we are looking for? I wonder if Black Holes can be used for teleporting..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4chi11e
Our universe contains much more mass than any observable black hole. To me that means that if this theory is correct, our space/time fabric is much smaller than the parent universe.

So for example, if a small rock passes though a black hole, it is squashed into pure energy, then coalesces into say a solar system on the other side. On the other hand, if we were to pass up through the parent singularity, things would be dark since photons would be like the size of golf balls!

Idk, that's just how I always imagined it.

wat?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Fact 1. No one really knows anything
Fact 2. Everything is a theory
Fact 3. To support evolution as a cross to creation the big bang was created.
Fact 4. No one knows what 'caused' the 'big bang'

Fact 5. No one really knows anything.

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
The Earth began to cool,
The autotrophs began to drool,
Neanderthals developed tools,
We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
That all started with the big bang!

And there is where most peoples faith lies.... Wow!
edit on 12-10-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

No possible life at our level, but what if what we consider wide open space, is actually super compressed matte,r to life so huge that we don't realise we're inside or a part of it?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

The one thing that troubles me about this theory is ,

1,There is super massive black holes in the centre.

2,With many smaller black holes all over the place.

Or is that theory WRONG.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join