It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Black Hole Contains a New Universe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
A group of scientists say our universe may exist inside a black hole. They are asking : What started the big bang? What caused inflation to end? What is the source of the mysterious dark energy that is apparently causing the universe to speed up its expansion?

Our universe may exist inside a black hole. This may sound strange, but it could actually be the best explanation of how the universe began, and what we observe today

There are notable unsolved questions with the standard big bang theory, which suggests that the universe began as a seemingly impossible "singularity," an infinitely small point containing an infinitely high concentration of matter, expanding in size to what we observe today

But these theories leave major questions unresolved. For example: What started the big bang? What caused inflation to end? What is the source of the mysterious dark energy that is apparently causing the universe to speed up its expansion?

The idea that our universe is entirely contained within a black hole provides answers to these problems and many more. It eliminates the notion of physically impossible singularities in our universe. And it draws upon two central theories in physics.The first is general relativity, the modern theory of gravity.The second is quantum mechanics, which describes the universe at the smallest scales, such as the level of the atom .

Source : insidescience.org...
www.foxnews.com...

edit on 11-10-2012 by Octagon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
the weird thing is i always thought this ever since i first read a brief history of time in the early 90s by stephen hawking.

it makes sense when you think about it and would explain ALOT of things including supernatural, paranormal stuff which could be bleed thru effects from other universes close to us.

glad to know scientists are still looking closely into this as a real possibility.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

the gravitational forces inside a black hole are extreme. no life possible. imo.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't mean to nitpick but the keyword is may before anyone gets ahead if themselves with speculation. This hasn't been experimentally verified and is merely an intriguing hypothesis, not a definitive statement.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

Inflation didn't stop, it continues to this day, and according to the newest research, it's speeding up....

But this theory does tie up some loose ends, and tends to fight with the holographic universe.

That theory states that the 3d reality we live in, is in fact, a holographic projection of a 2d universe that is the event horizon (outer edge) of a black hole.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Octagon

the gravitational forces inside a black hole are extreme. no life possible. imo.

i dont think your looking at it correctly for what they are suggesting. the way i have always viewed this theory is that when a blackhole is created in this universe, it creates a new "big bang" creating the next universe.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The immensity of space also puts my mind in overdrive lol. This reminds me of the scene at one of the men in black videos where it zooms out of our universe and shows it as a marble that an alien is playing with.
Exciting stuff!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

the next universe ? what happens to ours then ? a black hole can be created, after a star dies. a black hole is not exactly a hole, it is a place of high density mass with mega gravitational forces.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Octagon

And you're qualified to what level to offer us this fact?

What happens when you reach the centre of gravity in a black hole?

(EDIT: Sorry I thought you said 'no' again at the end of your sentence not 'imo'. Clearly not intended to be a matter of fact. My apologies
)
edit on 11-10-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octagon

......For example: What started the big bang? What caused inflation to end? What is the source of the mysterious dark energy that is apparently causing the universe to speed up its expansion?

This is basically just another theory stating other possibilities that could explain some of the assumed characteristics that 'The Big Bang [color=858585](Theory)' claims to have taken place. However, there is no proof whatsoever that everything truly began at a singular point.

It continues becoming more and more frequent that the most important word is left out of the phrase 'The Big Bang [color=FFF6A6]Theory'.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

I discovered something new today, thankyou and I will look forward to sharing with the kids after school.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Mind = blown

so is there universes within universes?
why do we exist in these big cyclones in the first place?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Well I think they are not absolute on that just giving an understandable reference point most people can wrap their heads around, kind of dumbing it down.

I think it is as possible we live within a black hole as any other theory with our present knowledge of physics as perceived by science.

So TT and interdimensional rifts would involve white holes...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

It continues becoming more and more frequent that the most important word is left out of the phrase 'The Big Bang [color=FFF6A6]Theory'.

You are mistakenly conflating the layman definition of the word theory with the scientific definition.

Layman:

A proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

Scientific:

A well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

The distinction is important.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Anyone heard of 'White Hole' ?
I heard that Black hole sucks up matters from one universe then releases those matter into another universe and so on ....

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

Well you could have at least given a star for the post if it raised the question for you, and yes they are confirmed.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

I had to reply to this because I've had a theory bouncing around my mind for the last couple of weeks. It's going to sound too simple to be plausible but in my naive and uneducated brain, it makes sense. The longer a black hole exists, the denser it becomes until after billions of years it would close up on itself. I believe at that moment it would create an explosion so great as to subsequently create an implosion so great as to create a new black hole which would be at center of new universe starting whole process over again. I realize that there are many black holes but over the course of billions of years they would be overpowered by the strongest. Also, look at creation stories from all over the world. Most can be traced back in some form to Ouroboros. The snake which eats itself. The Ouroboros often represents cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as the end. I don't mean to imply that the explosion would send forth everything that had been consumed as whole, but as energy that would evolve into life. Sort of a mix of big bang, creation, and evolution all in one.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

I understand this is a serious thread but for the countless "the government has alien contact" believers....why do top scientist still do not know? Why did some of them not ask the reptilians, the pleiandians, the grey or any of these other aliens races who work in secret with the US government in places such as Dulce?

Oh yeah,...I understand, these alien races also do not know or..... do not exist.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Do people know what a black hole is? That it is something so dense that it crushes matter in on itself, bends light and eats up stars? It's not actually a hole.

Well not that there is any evidence either way, apart from suns dying and collapsing in on themselves creating immense gravitational pull.

Like jumping off a boat into a whirlpool in the middle of the ocean and then being smashed into a coral reef. You're not going to come out the other side all dry and in the Bahamas.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hmmm, here i'm thinking Black holes are actually a dense object, like a sphere.... not actual holes. i guess i was wrong for a good 12-13 yrs of my life.

Or are you guys applying wormholes attribute to black holes?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join