It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Hip Hop - "Who's the Terrorist?!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I came across this video today for the first time and thought I should share it as it sheds light on the Palestinian perspective of being labeled a terrorist for defending and standing up for their homeland which has been, and continues to be stolen from them.

The song is in Arab but has English sub-titles and I advise that you give it a view. I am confident that many of you will call this pro Palestine/anti Israel propaganda, but it is what it is and the truth is the truth no matter how people try and twist it.

I already know who the real terrorists are, do you? How would you feel if you were this person going through what they are explaining?

So in your opinion, who are the terrorists in this situation?

If you stole my land, tore down my home, killed my family, I would be doing a whole lot more than lobbing some home made rockets into empty fields, that's for damn sure

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
If you stole my land, tore down my home, killed my family, I would be doing a whole lot more than lobbing some home made rockets into empty fields, that's for damn sure

That being highly debatable of course.
But what would you do?
Lemme guess..put on a suicide vest, go into a nightclub and try to target as many innocent clubgoers as possible in a firey death?

Guess what that would make you...

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

But what would you do?
Lemme guess..put on a suicide vest, go into a nightclub and try to target as many innocent clubgoers as possible in a firey death?

It would make them a terrorist...there is a difference between the act you mentioned, and defending your homeland. My point was that these people are being labelled as terrorists for defending their land that has been stolen from them. There aren't that many Palestinians putting on suicide vests.

How about we compare the numbers...how many dead club goers from suicide vests compared to various Israeli attacks.

To keep things into proper context, what would drive someone to commit this act?

And please do not say religious extremism. The Palestinians aren't pissed off over religion, they are mad about the genocide and apartheid they are put through on a daily basis.

You make it sound like suicide vests are going off every day in Palestine.

I haven't heard of any in a while.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

But what would you do?

While the whole stole my land, shot my mom and defiled my goat argument is highly debatable, I want to hear what Corruption Exposed would do as well.

It's not like he is just limited to blind Katusha rocket attacks against dense urban populations or what one can do on a night out at the discotheque with a suicide vest full of dynamite and a fresh copy of your matyrdom video in a back pocket to send home to the folks (your mom would be very proud, how big are the Hezbollah suicide checks these days?
)

He could also take an innocent group of Israeli folks hostage in a third country, tie them up then incinerate them with a hand grenade or, my personnel favourite, hijack a pleasure cruise full of senior citizens and start throwing all of the disabled ones with jewish last names out of their wheelchairs to drown.

That would show those evil juice what's what....

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

So in your opinion, who are the terrorists in this situation?

Whoever made that horrible "song".

What would you be doing that would be a "whole lot more" than shooting rockets?
Just curious.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This video was a video that I found when I was checking sites that where hit with deface attacks about a year ago, so I thought it may shed a bit more light on the situation. When the site was defaced the hackers left this as the sites home page, so I grabbed it. I agree with OP S&F (this also is a rap song along the same lines)

edit on 10/11/2012 by dedpope because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I knew the twisters of words would show up in no time...welcome

I am in no way advocating suicide attacks, I was only sharing a realistic perspective on the situation that many people choose to ignore.

The person who sings the song talks about how the ones being terrorized are the ones being labeled as terrorists, perhaps I should have simplified it for some of the more "clever" folk

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What is highly debatable, the quotation that you seem to have portrayed as highly debatable is simply fact so you can debate it all you want but it won't change a little thing what we call "reality".

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I would be fighting the illegal, unjust occupation by any means necessary, and I would be labeled a terrorist for doing so, even though I am the one being terrorized.

What would you do?

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

To keep things into proper context, what would drive someone to commit this act?

And please do not say religious extremism. The Palestinians aren't pissed off over religion, they are mad about the genocide and apartheid they are put through on a daily basis.

Fine, then they are angry about the american idol results.

Here are the facts
A poor person with not a bright future can, by one act, get his family financially secure, become a martyr (hero), and gain candy, virgins, and treasure in heaven..just one quick act.

Yes, the person blowing himself up is a religious nut, but also a family person typically. The average muslim man has a sense of family honor and will lay down his life to sort his family out for future benefits and hero status...not to mention the gals in heaven.

Now

What makes the older leaders to target younger nearly brainwashed minds to wear said suicide vests to do their bidding? That is a reasonable question.
You are making the critical mistake though. Your making it black and white...this is akin to saying the typical american general fights for freedom, when in reality, its just tactical scenarios...difference being, the general does what he can to ensure soldiers on the ground walk out of indian country...whereas madman muslim leader specifically puts kids into harms way to expressly die for his (leaders) agenda.

Everytime some kid blows himself up, the kids family gets money, but so does the leader by extremist organizations going in the hundreds of thousands if not millions.

There is very much a money element here.

I understand Israel is quite often overbearing in their return and have made moves that make my head spin personally as to how stupid, dangerous, and outwardly provocative they are. Still, painting them as the devil and therefore the terrorist organizations as angellic warriors is not only simplifying the scenario, but keep in mind, intentional targetting of death
Israel goes after leaders and fair intelligence of extremist cells.
Palestinians go after bus's, cafes, and nightclubs.

If your prime targets are specifically civilians..not because there are value targets tucked in with them, but only because it will scare the crap out of civilians and thats it...then you are the monster no matter what.

Your also falling for one side of the propaganda...facts however paint things for what it is no matter how many bad youtube videos anti-semites put out.

In saying all this, I don't feel very strongly over either side of this conflict. Israel needs to be relocated to florida or something.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

reply to post by subject x

I would be fighting the illegal, unjust occupation by any means necessary, and I would be labeled a terrorist for doing so, even though I am the one being terrorized.

What would you do?

Would you specifically target civilians for the wow factor? Ignore the military fortifications..attack the cafes..the bus routes?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

What is highly debatable, the quotation that you seem to have portrayed as highly debatable is simply fact so you can debate it all you want but it won't change a little thing what we call "reality".

The debate being stolen land.
If you move into an area, I come along and say god promised me this land 2 thousand years ago, are you stealing my land, or am I just nuts?

Now, that is the historical debate. the actual debate is this
you are in a nation that has your rulers attack a neighboring neighbor..the neighbor gets angry and conquors your nation piece by piece...
Welcome to war. The true anger shouldn't be at the conquoring army, but rather your nation for haphazardly attacking someone stronger with no actual plans.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

But what would you do?

It would make them a terrorist...there is a difference between the act you mentioned, and defending your homeland. My point was that these people are being labelled as terrorists for defending their land that has been stolen from them. There aren't that many Palestinians putting on suicide vests.

How about we compare the numbers...how many dead club goers from suicide vests compared to various Israeli attacks.

You make it sound like suicide vests are going off every day in Palestine.

I haven't heard of any in a while.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Here is my problem with your entire argument, it is based on loose interpretation and historic revisionism. You cant just lay the facts on the table and let the truth stand on its own merits, you have to insert a bunch of trumped up rhetoric and selective cognition to make your point.

On one hand, its a bunch of useless amateur rockets hitting empty fields but when the Israeli's retaliate they are the terrorists? Palestine is just trying to get along but Israel is practising Genocide and Apartheid? Really? Do you even know what those words mean?

Unless you have an alternative agenda, try being honest occasionally, it will do wonders for how well your message is received. If you do have alternative agenda, you need to try harder because you are not doing a very good job swaying anyone's opinion (that is, anyone of voting age who can afford to read a newspaper)

Here are the facts, the modern Palestinians have no more claim to the land than the Zionist Jews. The Palestinians have become nothing more than a fabricated culture pressed into service as political automatons for radical Arabic/Islamic interests and guess what? You are helping to facilitate the process with every one of your thinly veiled anti-Semitic hatemongering.

The checkpoints and travel restrictions have been successful, suicide vests aren't currently very effective but the rocket attacks continue. What is the difference? They are both cowardly weapons whose only good is for terrorizing civilians.

How about I stand a couple miles downwind from your house and lob a few hundred crude,unguided rockets with explosive warheads your way, then I will believe you when you say they are inconsequential.

The Israeli's aren't going anywhere any-time soon and why should they? The Israeli's have successfully cultivated their little nation into a first world, dominant regional power in a few short decades. Israel is a success story, unlike the plethora of corrupt Arabic regimes they are surrounded by.

The Israeli's are more than willing to secede Gaza and eventually the Westbank back to Palestinian control however it will never happen unless the Palestinians accept a two state agreement which their current leadership will not accept in any way shape or form.

While we are at it should we re-examine how the West-bank of the Jordan River and the Gaza strip came to be under Israeli control?

Etc. Etc. Etc.....

As Saturn FX said, the situation is highly debatable.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What would you do?

I'd move the hell away from there, personally.

The reality is those folks over there, for whatever reason, have been fighting since before Israel, since before the US, since before they ever saw a white man. Terrorist or freedom fighter just depends on what side you happen to be on. Trying to make either label stick is an exercise in futility, and can only add to the resentment and anger on all sides.

Not to say any other group of people is any better. I think fighting and war is about the stupidest thing we humans take part in, but we seem to have an unending hunger for it. We can blame religion, or governments, or race, or any other scapegoat du jour, but it all comes down to people. Stupid, stupid people.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Everytime some kid blows himself up, the kids family gets money, but so does the leader by extremist organizations going in the hundreds of thousands if not millions.

There is very much a money element here.

Yes, there is a large monetary incentive behind the scenes. Something the apologists and whoever else keeps defending this nonsensense would prefer that we overlook.

Palestinian Authority spends 6% of its budget paying Palestinians in Israeli jails, families of suicide bombers

Despite the Palestinian Authority’s financial hardships, it spends tens of millions of shekels each month paying salaries to prisoners held in Israeli jails for security offenses and acts of terrorism against Israel — including mass murderers — and last year Prime Minister Salam Fayyad tripled their monthly pay. The PA also pays monthly stipends to the families of suicide bombers.

Payments are made not only to members of Fatah, the political faction of PA President Mahmoud Abbas, but also to those of his bitter Islamist rivals from Hamas, and other factions.

As of May 2011, the PA spent NIS 18 million ($4.5 million) per month on compensating Palestinian inmates in Israeli prisons and a further NIS 26 million ($6.5 million) on payments to families of suicide bombers. In all, such payments cost the PA some 6 percent of its overall budget, Israel’s Channel 2 news reported on Monday night, citing documentation signed by Fayyad.

The PA also makes payments to Israeli Arabs jailed for security offenses against Israel, the report said.

Starting in 2003, Palestinian law mandated the dispensation of a monthly salary of NIS 1,000 ($250) to security detainees sentenced to up to five years in prison. The longer the sentence, the higher the pay. An inmate serving a life sentence was paid NIS 4,000 ($1,000) per month.

An amendment of the law in January 2011 enacted by Fayyad increased the salaries by up to 300%, Channel 2 reported.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Here are the facts

Actually the majority of what you stated is your opinion, everyone has one

You are making the critical mistake though. Your making it black and white...this is akin to saying the typical american general fights for freedom, when in reality, its just tactical scenarios...difference being, the general does what he can to ensure soldiers on the ground walk out of indian country...whereas madman muslim leader specifically puts kids into harms way to expressly die for his (leaders) agenda.

You are making the same mistake that you are accusing me of making, while trying to distance yourself from the mistake you are making...I'm confused

There is no black or white, as you said, so why must you portray it as so?

You keep talking about kids blowing themselves up, when is the last time this happened in Palestine?

Your also falling for one side of the propaganda...facts however paint things for what it is no matter how many bad youtube videos anti-semites put out.

Once again you are accusing me of something you are guilty of yourself...this is becoming rather redundant.

There was nothing Anti-Semitic about the video I posted. Are you even aware who the true Semites are? Let me fill you in on a little secret, Palestinians are also Semites.

I find it funny that you say I have fallen for propaganda meanwhile all you have done is post phrase after phrase of blatant propaganda.

Pot meet Kettle.

Please be aware that I do not mean to sound confrontational as I am trying to be polite while getting my point across.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Would you specifically target civilians for the wow factor? Ignore the military fortifications..attack the cafes..the bus routes?

No I would not, that's the IDF's main perogative.

Have you watched the news lately?

(I hate the news)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Now, that is the historical debate. the actual debate is this
you are in a nation that has your rulers attack a neighboring neighbor..the neighbor gets angry and conquors your nation piece by piece...

Yes, piece by piece...
(Please forgive me for posting this map that we have all seen so many times but it's necessary)

Scroll to the right>>>>>

Here is what it used to look like...

It's just war right

Looks more like genocide to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I actually know some Palestinians (Christian ones) who have lived through some pretty grueling things at the hands of the Israelis. Most Palestinians aren't terrorists. Their rights are limited. However, is it right for Israel to bomb civilians? They have. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Don't even get me started on the Ultra-Orthodox Israeli settlers and the absolutely evil things they get up to. Facts are facts. Neither side is innocent- but calling Israel out on its issues shouldn't be a forbidden topic.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No I would not, that's the IDF's main perogative.

Have you watched the news lately?

(I hate the news)

Do you have a source for that or is this just more anti-Semitic revisionism?

I can prove that Hamas purposefully target civilian "soft" targets as part of their operational guidelines.

I see a lot of current Palestinian death's being collateral damage as a result of Israeli military reprisals following Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror attacks.

This makes many Palestinian civilian deaths a consequence of circumstance and not the stated goal of the operation, unlike Hamas who target civilians as the primary goal.

Again, you accuse others of playing semantics yet every statement you make on the topic is full of falsehoods designed to vilify Israel without holding the Palestinian Authority to a similar standard.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join