It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi eases access to long-hidden ancient ruins

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hi Hanslune

Here are the verses for you:

Sura 37:133-138
So also was Lut among those sent (by Us).
Behold, We delivered him and his adherents, all
Except an old woman who was among those who lagged behind
Then We destroyed the rest.
Verily, ye pass by their (sites), by day-
And by night: will ye not understand.

This verse says that the Meccans pass by these ruins by day and return by them at night. For those that don't know LUT, he is LOT in the Bible and the story relates to the destruction of Sodom and Gamorrah through fire and brimestone as Abraham watched on from a mountain in Canaan.

Here is another:

Sura 46:27: Surely We destroyed many a town around you. We sent Our Messages to them repeatedly and in diverse forms that they may eschew (their evil ways) and return (to Allah).

As far as I know. there are no destroyed nations or cities around modern day Mecca.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kamza

To go further in this verse (7:74), it also mentions that the Meccans were made sucessors after them and take the palaces and carve for themselves homes from the mountains.

yet another indicator the Meccans lived there as there are no carved homes in mountainsides in modern day Mecca which are only found inthe Nabatean of North West Arabia...the list goes on !!!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by fishwhisperer

Thanks that is the one I thought you might be using

Nor is the general vicinity assigned to S & G, its 100 or kilometers from Petra to the Dead sea so they wouldn't have past it on a daily basis and certain not twice a day. Remember Mohammed was reusing the older stories so he couldn't move the location. As Mecca sent out caravans they might have past the desolation of the Dead sea either by day or night

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Kamza

To go further in this verse (7:74), it also mentions that the Meccans were made sucessors after them and take the palaces and carve for themselves homes from the mountains.

yet another indicator the Meccans lived there as there are no carved homes in mountainsides in modern day Mecca which are only found inthe Nabatean of North West Arabia...the list goes on !!!

...but you left out the line just before that one which puts it into context

Surah 7:73

To the Thamud people (We sent) Salih, one of their own brethren: He said: "O my people! worship Allah: ye have no other god but Him. Now hath come unto you a clear (Sign) from your Lord! This she-camel of Allah is a Sign unto you: So leave her to graze in Allah's earth, and let her come to no harm, or ye shall be seized with a grievous punishment.

So in Surah 7:74 he was referring to those people, the Thamud

The Thamūd were a people of ancient Arabia who were known from the 1st millennium BC to near the time of Muhammad. Although they are thought to have originated in southern Arabia, Arabic tradition has them moving north to settle on the slopes of Mount Athlab near Mada'in Saleh.

Mada'in Saleh is a city that is partially carved into rock - which I would suspect is the reason for the rock comment. Its an interesting ruin which I've visited twice and also it was once a Nabatean city

I've read the Qu'ran but not Gibson - however I presume you are Gibson?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

If they harm the pyramids I will hate every muslim by default.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

They most probably won't, and if they did it would be the fault of a specific subgroup within radical Islan - I assure you that not all Muslim's would support such a drastic action

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

No I'm not Gibson. I have read his book and thoroughly agree with him.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Maybe you are unaware but Egypt was part of the Islamic Empire for a long time... So was spain, portugal, most of north africa, most of south asia, parts of china, the middle east...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

No I'm not Gibson. I have read his book and thoroughly agree with him.

So how do you explain his errors then?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamza

Maybe you are unaware but Egypt was part of the Islamic Empire for a long time... So was spain, portugal, most of north africa, most of south asia, parts of china, the middle east...

Not to forget the Balkans, Greece and even Sicily at one time

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I really hope not. I really wouldn't hate everyone though, I'd cry though. Like when Bin Laden had his men blow up those beautiful temples and statues that predated his stupid religion.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamza

I am quite well aware, I devour history I live for the past.
But what does that have to do with my comment?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

I really hope not. I really wouldn't hate everyone though, I'd cry though. Like when Bin Laden had his men blow up those beautiful temples and statues that predated his stupid religion.

That wasn't OBL it was the Taliban under Mulla Mohammad Omar who ordered the destruction of the Buddhas at Bamiyan

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Different shot caller same gang

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join