Saudi eases access to long-hidden ancient ruins

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fishwhisperer

Nevermind I found some info about Petra being the original muslim holy city. Its an interesting idea but doesn't seem to be widely accepted by the professionals. Now that doesn't mean it isn't true. I need to do some research on the subject to come to a conclusion.

link   

Nevermind I found some info about Petra being the original muslim holy city. Its an interesting idea but doesn't seem to be widely accepted by the professionals. Now that doesn't mean it isn't true. I need to do some research on the subject to come to a conclusion.

link   

my bad for the double post.
edit on 12-10-2012 by geldib because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by geldib

Hi Geldib... where do I start as there is so much evidence I could be replying for 3 weeks !!. But to list a few:

1: The Koranic Meccans were agriculturalist and cattle hearders: Not possible in todays Mecca or anywhere close back then. Today they still have to import all foods.

2: The earlyest Mosques were aligned to Petra, not Mecca !!

3: The Classical Arabic (CA) is derived from the Nabatean Alphabet.

4: Koranic & Hadith sources show there was only 2 possible narrow entrances to Mecca called (Thaniyas) which means "narrow mountain passes" which is why Mecca is called the "City of Security". Petra has two Thaniyas whereas todays Mecca is open from all sides which can be accessed from any direction.

5: When the Meccans attacked the Muslims in Medina (Yathrib) they always attacked from the North because thats the direction they came from (battle of the ditch).

Thats just a few little pieces of information for you to ponder on. It's all there for you to read if you want to know more, all you do is look for it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Great looking Sites and just what i've looking for to comparing how the Pyramids were built!!

By this I mean its possible that the Pyramids were built from the top, down, not from the bottom, up!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Mianeye

Great looking Sites and just what i've looking for to comparing how the Pyramids were built!!

By this I mean its possible that the Pyramids were built from the top, down, not from the bottom, up!!

Short answer no, longer answer, mostly made of individual blocks taken from quarries near by, some pyramids have incorporated 'living' rock

edit on 12/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

#2. The early qibla pointed to JerusalemLink

I presume you are basing this on the work of Gibson?
edit on 12/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

In a related story, An ad on craigslist SA, lists a duplex with dramatic views, very low utility bills and an excellent geo-air conditioning system. Ideal for allergy sufferes and infidels.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes, Dan Gibson's book "Quranic Geography" where he notes at least 10 mosques who's original qiblas pointed to Petra. The Quranic verse mentioning the change of the qibla hasn't been found in any of the oldest Sanna manuscripts which suggests it was inserted at a later date (most likely by the Abbassids from 750 onwards when the Haddith machine commenced). This is backed up by the fact that if the verse was in the originals then all mosques would have pointed to to Mecca as of 624 A.D when the verse was supposedly revealed, which isnt the case as Dan Gibson clearley demonstrates.

There a a few notable historians who also believe North Arabia was the home of Islam, Patricia Crone is one of them. But Dan Gibson has been the only one that I know of to take it further and done a stunning job in my view.
edit on 12-10-2012 by fishwhisperer because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-10-2012 by fishwhisperer because: Typos

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I love visiting ancient sites too bad it's in the middle of crazyville.

But you already live in 'crazyville.'

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by roblot

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I love visiting ancient sites too bad it's in the middle of crazyville.

But you already live in 'crazyville.'

Unless you've lived in Arabia you don't quite know what 'crazy' is!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The real reason why access to these sites is restricted because in Islam we are taught that we should stay clear of the areas where the destruction of God came down. Having said that we should take a lesson from seeing how thriving and powerful nations in the past were destroyed because they exceeded the limits in committing sin and disobeying the Prophets...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kamza

Which sura or hadith covers this?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by roblot

I'm pretty sure the middle east is a bit more crazy than Phoenix.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
How if they'd only open these ruines.....

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

I too would love to get over there but during my time in the navy, I spent a month in Jordan. Went up to Petra's ruins. It was incredible for sure. The thing that bothered me was we had a ride along in the tour bus with an AK 47 in a duffel bag... That was not good. We had to drive for about two HURS through the Wadi to get there. We were working out of the port city near Ilat. What I took away from that was how much the Jordainians hate westerners. You could see it in the cab drivers and the markets. Egypt, now under control of the Muslim Brotherhood, doesnt give me confidence. It's only a matter of time befor they take that country over completely. I'm sure the Royal Families are already making exit plans. Going over to look at monuments is risky for sure, especially as the Brotherhood ahead already said they want to take the pyramids down... Have to look at them over the Internet t I guess.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

It mentions in Sura Al-A'raf in the context of several prophets who warned their people of coming judgement. Verse 74 says of Thamud, "Ye build for yourselves palaces and castles in (open) plains, and carve out homes in the mountains"

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamza

The Koran doesnt say to stay clear of these places !!. It actually says to look at them to see what happened !!. For example to town of LOT (LUT in Islam) which was destroyed by stones of baked clay (Volcano). Mohammad said to the Meccans that they pass this place each day in the morning and in the evening and to see what God did. LOT's home in Bible was Sodom or Gamorrah. To pass by these places in the morning as they head out and again in the evening is another geograpgical reference that the Meccans lived in North West Arabia and not todays Mecca. Sodom and Gamorrah is thought to be located at the bottom of the Red Sea not that far from Petra.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Where in the Surat ash-Shuara does it say what you are claiming? Post the actual translation here if you please

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia is thought to have been wary of archaeologists and scientists seeking to study its ancient ruins for fear their findings could shine the spotlight on pre-Islamic civilisations that once thrived there

Talk about being jealous

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join