It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: Turkish Border Town Evacuating Amid "Syrian Attack"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I know there are plenty of threads on this situation already, but this development deserves it's own thread.

If this is true, today is going to get very ugly:

Reuters is reporting that residents of Azmarin, a Turkish town on the border with Syria, are evacuating their homes amid a "military assault" by Syrian forces. More details to follow.

blogs.aljazeera.com...

With all the back and forth shelling over the last week and the Syrian bound plane from Russia being grounded it appears all the pieces are falling into place. I honestly don't think Assad would send out the orders to attack Turkey as that would be political and physical suicide.

I believe there is a good chance this is the FSA terrorists trying to drag Turkey and NATO into the conflict.

Updates will be provided as they are released.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
There is certainly something else going on. For that too happen twice within the space of a week is a bit suspicious. Especially knowing that the Syrian regime have apologised for the last one which they may not of been responsible for in the first place. I think some rebels are looking to start a massive war.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Err just google that place and got this

www.maplandia.com...

This would suggest its in Syria.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Oh God...

I keep having this hope in the back of my head that some deal will be made.

Think I just lost that hope.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I wont pretend that I know much about this situation and the background of each country, but this whole thing just seems like a big game of chess - Like its playign up to something. What? I'm not that sure, but if Turkey gets attacked then I'm sure the EU has to do somethign, right? That means UK/Frank/Germany etc will be brought into this? Then am I right in thinking that Syria is allied with China & Russia? I'm sure I read that here, somewhere. Is it only me thats connecting these dots, or is there no dots to be connected and my 'alternative' thinking is just going a little bit too wild from an uneducated point of veiw?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch

www.maplandia.com...

nope it's in Turkey..

I searched for it too..

Although the more I search now it seems it may be in Syria?

Geez this is confusing me now.
edit on 10/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

www.maplandia.com...

Nevermind, the above poster beat me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Its strange, thats for sure. knowing most of the FSA are western backed it wouldn't surprise me if they are being told to unload a few into Turkey to make it look worse for the Syrian Regime. Could the FSA be using the borders as cover also? We wouldn't know. I can't see Assad forces even contemplating firing inside Turkey after what has happened over the last week. Just thinking about it comes across ridiculous and also that something else is brewing.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
I wont pretend that I know much about this situation and the background of each country, but this whole thing just seems like a big game of chess -

I will pretend I know much about this situation. I'll pretend I was told all this would happen. I will pretend that they are re-drawing the middle east. I will pretend that every country that has all this turmoil going on inside it was on a list. I'll pretend a Lt. Col. told me about it.

I won't pretend that Syria and Iran aren't screwed.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'm sure there are a bunch of people (governments) that would love Syria to play up just like this so they can get in, kick some arse for the mass media and settle in for 12 months preparing for the real war in Iran.

If people are fleeing from Towns, this would appear like something more than one mortar, but something more so.

Another late night for me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

www.maplandia.com...

nope it's in Turkey..

I searched for it too..

Although the more I search now it seems it may be in Syria?

Geez this is confusing me now.

I wonder if this is sloppy reporting on Reuter's behalf, and if it was intentional?

Ever since this story broke I cannot find any more information about it.

This is very fishy.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the update!

WIth regards to this developing scenario, It just does not make sense. Grant it, War or conflict never does, but this is truely something i find hard to believe.

The Syrian regime is having enough trouble with the western backed opposition, what the hell can they gain from a conflict on two fronts, when a single front is causing them so much grief.

I sound like a broken record, but i will continue on making similar statements in hopes of drawing more and more awareness to this insansity, eventhough i know many of you already recognize this.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

It wouldn't be the first I have seen from a "news" agency in the last few days.

NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen said on Tuesday the military alliance is ready to attack Turkey following a week of theatrical performances on the Syrian border designed to portray Turkey’s neighbor as an ominous threat.

Link

It's funny because they half fixed it.. Hahaaha It really said "Portray Turkey as an ominous threat" earlier, and yet they still have not fixed the opening sentence of the article... "NATO ready to attack Turkey" hahaha.

I completely Agree with the post above mine. YOU just don't do that. You DO NOT do that. You Don't do that...
Unless you are Hitler or Ghengis Khan, Trying to take over the whole world and you HAVE TO open multiple fronts. You really don't do that if you are losing.

Besides shouldn't most of Syrias ARMY be in the SOUTH/WEST???
Guarding DAMASCAS, and the hideouts in the west of the country...?

And if the ARMY was suicidal wouldn't they rather suicide on the rebels rather than Turkey? But even if they WERE going to hit turkey.. Don't you think they would use more than a few mortars? If you are going to STING a Bear, you better sting freaking HARD.
Sucks not being able to trust your neighbors.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

reply to post by MDDoxs

As you have both said, probably many times such as I have...this just does not make sense! If this news is true there is a whole lot more behind it than what we are being told, as little as that may be.

It just doesn't make any flipping sense, there is no logic behind it!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Nothing on BBC/Sky/Al Jazeera/RT so far concerning this-I would have thought they would be all over it by now.
It is odd..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Google says its in syria!

Misreporting, someone probably jumped the gun here. Or trying to incite something.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Lets do some role playing here.

We cannot deny that the Turkish government has some intellectuals that have the same concerns we do. They must know that something is fishy.

How does one deal with a situation like this, when you know your being played as a puppet. I think a lot of Turkish politicians have taken up drinking..I know I might.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Nobody knows how Assad is fairing against the rebels. But I'll bet he knows how, Qudaffi et al turned out when they started losing. With a pact of defense with Iran a nation whose economy is on the verge of collapse and the Mullahs in danger of losing power there and thier belief in the 12th Iman who knows. Maybe they are counting on Russia and China getting involved also. A situation of "if I'm going down the world is going down".

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by moderateAmerican
Nobody knows how Assad is fairing against the rebels. But I'll bet he knows how, Qudaffi et al turned out when they started losing. With a pact of defense with Iran a nation whose economy is on the verge of collapse and the Mullahs in danger of losing power there and thier belief in the 12th Iman who knows. Maybe they are counting on Russia and China getting involved also. A situation of "if I'm going down the world is going down".

You can overrun every Muslim country in the world but it will not change a thing when it comes to the 12th Imam. The idea is that if Israel or even the west gains control of the Middle East, Dajjal has returned or he is on his way. It simply means that what ever happens now, will be destroyed by someone else afterwards and it could also be a Christian/islamic alliance led by the so-called prophets etc, who knows. Christians should be happy that they think the 12th Imam is returning because it means Jesus is near also.. Bet the Bible wouldn't tell them that startling revelation

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, AND EXPECT MOTRE ESCALATIONS ON PRETEXTS SO FLIMSY AND CONTRADICTORY THEY BOGGLE THE SENSES.....WAR IS IMMINENT!
THESE ARE THE OPENING PROPAGANDA SCENES WHICH PRECEED SUCH THINGS!
YOU PEOPLE TALK LIKE ITS A MAYBE ON MAYBE OFF SCENARIO.....NOT SO...WAR IS HERE. NOW

top topics

<<   2 >>

join