It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Almost Killed Someone Today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by CheeseCurd

As a Wisconsin pedestrian I personally refuse to buy or use any type of nighttime reflective gear when I am out walking. But you can be sure nobody is more interested in my safety than I am, in addition I am considerate of the safety of motorists. I do have some strict rules, however, the first of which is "Never trust a motorist" in that I can't count on them to stop for crosswalks, traffic lights, danger, etc. Then again is Wisconsin you are never safe on the roads, there are drunks cruising about at all times of day.

...I mean, personal choice and all...great, but, um...why? As in my earlier post, I've been procratinating in doing so, but is there good reason for that? Are you hoping to get rich suing the gal who turns you into a pile of goo someday? At my shop, we specifically don't cater to dead piles of rotting goo, no matter how much money they come slithering in with. Health code, ya know.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I'd probably still be in a mexican jail if not for luck like this. Tweleve years ago, four of us were driving back to the boarder (Hwy 5) from Rosorita Beach. We had had a couple but not too many. I was driving an older Volvo and the headlights were not very bright (thank you Lucus Lites). Anyway, I was in the left (fast lane) heading north on a two-lane highway. No street lights. Doing about 70 when Whoosh! Right by the right side of the car, walking in the slow lane, across the freeway, was a guy. I still remember seeing his face right out the window shield. He had one of those cheap plastic bags in his hand. If I'd have changed lanes to move over to the slow lane, I'd of hit him, killing him.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

WTF are you talking about? It sounds like you are responding to a different post while quoting mine. I gave you the reason why I will never be the pile of goo you so callously describe. And while you complain about "dbags," the way your posts are phrased reveals the actual "dbag."

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It´s also tested that the seat next to the driver is always the unsafest, regardless if its a LHD or RHD.
If two cars are going to collide, the driver will pull the car to the side that will get him out of the way by instinct.
This means many LHD cars will pull to the left and vice versa. I read this some years ago.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join