It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Ridiculed For Using Food Stamps

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by NavyDoc

What? You don't think this has turned into a political troll thread...I do...

It began as a political troll thread in the very first post.

I imagine that was the intention of the OP.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

"Troolllly trollllyyyy trolllllllllllllly troll....blah blah blah I have megamillions I'm entitled to nothing being taken from me and the peasants can all lick my boots if they're hungry bla blah blah" That mentality makes me verry disgusted and is the reason I support eugenics.

Some of you make such huge leaps in logic!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

"Entitlement program" is the term that is widely used. We can call them other things if you like. "Wealth redistribution" "Charity" "Insurance." Is there some who legitimately need some help? Sure. Are there people who abuse the system? Certainly. Is the system becoming overtaxed an less and less viable? Without a doubt. As someone who cannot work due to injury, I would think that you would resent those who try to game the system because they A). take money form people who really need it and B). make those who really need it look bad. Kind of like legitimate pain patients that have to struggle to get pain meds and suffer stigma for it due to the actions of abusers and addicts.
reply to post by NavyDoc

I do resent those type who abuse the system, but we are in a thread where I was defending this womans situation and right to choice. I know the thread gets off topic somewhat, but I was still discussing this one particular incident.

But yes, without a doubt it bothers me when I think of the system being abused because I know how hard that money was to come by. I understand those hard-earned dollars and the hard working individuals who are struggling themselves must have some obvious resentment watching people buy food with food stamps, sometimes food that the hard workers can't even put on their own table at times. I get that. But when people assume to know things that they don't, well that bothers me too.

Like I said, I don't get food stamps but only because I don't need them right now. I would [do] qualify for them and feel grateful that I don't have to utilize that resource, but there for the grace of God. Just because some people do abuse the system though, the rest suffer under the scrutiny and feel ashamed. I know this because back in '93 I collected food stamps myself-right after my divorce and for several months until getting back on my feet. It was humiliating, but it shouldn't have to be that way.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by NavyDoc

What? You don't think this has turned into a political troll thread...I do...
And whoever said anything about taking anybody's stuff...that's what I'm talking about mega paranoid much??? I mean yeah I said something sarcastically doesn't mean taking someones stuff...unlike you I don't have sh*t really but if I can help a fellow citizen in need if it meant giving the shirt off my back I would unlike selfish people that should be euthenised.

LOL. This started out as a political troll thread.

Paranoid? No, just an object lesson. If one is selfish for not wanting a third party to take from them and give to another, then, according to that definition, one should not have a problem with someone helping themselves. After all, it would be selfish. There are many, many people who would give somone else the shirt off their own back, but would resent being forced to give that same shirt to that same person. Forced charity is not charity at all.

You would euthenize someone for not wanting to have their stuff taken? Wow.

I'm for charity. I volunteer my time and money very, very often. What I object to is forcedcharity and then being called selfish because I don't like politicians buying votes with people's money.

link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Kroger spokesman Glynn Jenkins told 13WMAZ Friday that he could not verify exactly what was said between Nerger and the manager. But he also challenged her version of the story. He said the company is speaking with other employees who witnessed the exchange.

The other side

I will wait till both side weigh in before judging, unlike others

I heard about this story quite a while ago. Apparently she threw a S#!t fit when she was trying to buy some premium foods, (expensive deli meat IIR) on her food card and became very distruptive. The manager finally relented because she was making a scene and backing up the line so he just gave her the extra food to get rid of her. Since then, Krogers has offered her $500 gift certificates twice but she ahs rejected them, hiring a lawyer. She appears to be an entitlement minded individual looking for a paycheck.

If the items are covered, it shouldnt be any of YOUR business or anyone else's what she is buying. Maybe it was a birthday and she wanted to make a good dinner.

It makes me ill that people think poor people should only eat macaroni and ramon noodles.

It is no ones business what someone buys with their own money. I don't disagree with that at all. When the taxpayer is buying the meal, then the taxpayer has every right to put standards in place.

Report: JP Morgan Makes Over Half A Billion Dollars Off Food Stamps Text

Indeed, JP Morgan’s Christopher Paton told Bloomberg News that food stamps are big business for the big bank: “We are the largest processor of food stamps in the country…[the EBT program] is a very important business to JP Morgan. It’s an important business in terms of its size and scale…. Right now volumes have gone through the roof in the past couple of years or so. The good news from JP Morgan’s perspective is the infrastructure that we built has been able to cope with that increase in volume.”

www.breitbart.com...

I dont think you have a case. Food stamps are big business. I wouldnt worry about how much YOU pay for them.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

link   
Meh.....

***snipped***
edit on 11-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
SMH as if the store clerk has no one in their family who needs assistance. People are so caught up with their egos they fail to see how much they degrade themselves trying to seem better then another.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Indeed, JP Morgan’s Christopher Paton told Bloomberg News that food stamps are big business for the big bank: “We are the largest processor of food stamps in the country…[the EBT program] is a very important business to JP Morgan. It’s an important business in terms of its size and scale…. Right now volumes have gone through the roof in the past couple of years or so. The good news from JP Morgan’s perspective is the infrastructure that we built has been able to cope with that increase in volume.”

www.breitbart.com...

I dont think you have a case. Food stamps are big business. I wouldnt worry about how much YOU pay for them.

That does not make any sense. People get food stamps and JP Morgan makes money off the deal but it is still taxpayer money funding them and I still (and my kids, and my grandkids now that our debt is the highest in history) gets stiffed with the bill.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Okay, now I've read a bit more of the thread....and it'd be so damn easy to walk away from this and pretend I hadn't read it and so....not be put into a bit of a spot here. I mean, I take great personal pride in being intellectually honest and NOT twisting facts or being cute and clever about being selective in replies or posts... So... hell... Sorry if this offends some folks I traditionally stand on the same side with ideologically, but so be it. It's keeping with my sense of staying honest.

Having said that..........

-If people taking food stamps can just deal with less or starve

-Then people growing older can just be nice to us and die sooner or live simpler.

before anyone jumps up and down and throws a hernia in the process.... Look at this very carefully on THIS topic.

This is the board of my budget thread that shocked me the most. I didn't make any of them with preconceived notions of what I wanted the outcome to be...and this one went about opposite in reality to what I'd have thought before making it.

Even the BAD projections showing really crappy futures within current CBO and White House projections only put ALL THE FOOD programs COMBINED at a measly 100 Billion. In these days and THIS economy, giving people the aid needed to EAT at that price and % to the obscene waste is CRIMINAL to question on economic grounds.

Just my two cents...and this store manager needs fired. Lets see HIS sorry butt in a month or two after HE finds store manager positions aren't that easy to find..and golly gee...HE has to eat too. I'd die laughing to see this particular man reduced to using the card he ridiculed in THAT store sometime down the road as one of the unemployed.

THAT would DEFINE Karma and Cosmic Justice. ..and for the Politicals...I'm a die hard conservative saying it too.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

www.breitbart.com...

That does not make any sense. People get food stamps and JP Morgan makes money off the deal but it is still taxpayer money funding them and I still (and my kids, and my grandkids now that our debt is the highest in history) gets stiffed with the bill.

I know...sickening, isnt it?

The more I see the corruption, and the "trickle down effect"..the more I just want to pack my bags and catch the next spaceship out of here.

People are ridiculed because they dont have enough "green backs"...money doesnt make the man..integrity does.

Just remember, that person is still worth loving, even if they are poor..

Anyway..yes..everyone pays, and the bankers get to have a huge party at our expense.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes they are, and they line corporate pockets, but they will never admit what it is crony capitalism just like all entitlement programs.

Robbing peter to pay paul but the pauls are CORPORATIONS.

They will never admit that tho.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes..i forget to add..

JP Morgan Makes Over Half A Billion Dollars Off Food Stamps

Half A Billion Dollars

Half A Billion Dollars

Did i also mention..Half A Billion Dollars...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes they are, and they line corporate pockets, but they will never admit what it is crony capitalism just like all entitlement programs.

Robbing peter to pay paul but the pauls are CORPORATIONS.

They will never admit that tho.

As ive always said.."there is no such thing as a free lunch"

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Really? Why cant we do that with the politicians then. Im a taxpayer and demand that all politicians reduce payroll by 20%. As a taxpayer I demand the Federal Reserve be audited. As a taxpayer i demand that all people on food stamps can not by Ragu sauce but stinky knock off brand 3.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Meh.....

***snipped***

Hey everybody! One of the regulars was just left speechless!

This is truly a glorious day in our republic. This just goes to show all of the kiddies out there that if you work hard and be patient, one of these regulars will eventually inhale a great big foot that will hopefully become permanently lodged in their mouths.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Meh.....

***snipped***

This is truly a glorious day in our republic. This just goes to show all of the kiddies out there that if you work hard and be patient, one of these regulars will eventually inhale a great big foot that will hopefully become permanently lodged in their mouths.

Actually he self censored since the photo violates ats tc. which wasn't really worth responding to in the first place.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You can't actually live off the amount of welfare given out. Generally the only people who get just barely enough to survive off is mothers with small children because they want to ensure the child at least has the basics. But everyone else on welfare is basically starving. You could afford to rent a room, or you could afford food for the month, but you couldn't do both on that amount.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by yadda333

Meh.....

***snipped***

Actually he self censored since the photo violates ats tc. which wasn't really worth responding to in the first place.

Interesting point. So, he thinks the picture may be offensive--he is making an......inference. Which is exactly what he claimed couldn't be done in the OP.

Interesting....

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join