It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Ridiculed For Using Food Stamps

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That is what the manager implied

YOU think that’s what he implied…that’s YOUR interpretation.

He spoke clearly (if indeed he did say this) when he said, “Well excuse me that I work for a living and don't rely on food stamps like you." He DOES work for a living and she DOESN’T. His statement was accurate. He didn’t give his opinion as to WHY she doesn’t work.

As many holes as you dig for yourself I think you may have traded in your shovel for an excavator.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

some elitist republican manager

i love it when idiots just make crap up

You loved it so much you did it yourself!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
ITT:

RealSpoke uses basic logic to insensitively connect the situation at hand to the political platform of a particular party. Massive caboose devastation occurs.

But Real, dude, ATS can't even so far as to into logical deductions and connectors. Don't try, especially when the party that represents their views is in the line of fire.
edit on 11-10-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

And the funny thing is the republicans in this thread are still trying to demonize this lady by saying shes entitled, trying to play a victim card, buying food that was "premium", and buying food that wasn't approved by foodstamps.

They're acting similar to the manager.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

You loved it so much you did it yourself!

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if campanionator is RealSpoke’s evil sock account to do the heavy hitting??

Seems like when you see one getting dumped on the other mysteriously jumps to the rescue.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

YOU think that’s what he implied…that’s YOUR interpretation.

I don't know, it's common sense what his statement implies;

"Well excuse me that I work for a living and don't rely on food stamps like you," Nerger said.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

And that is exactly the mentality that realspoke was referring too.

Yet you got your frilly panties in a bunch when he pointed it out. She is on disability. Guess what, people get sick and can't work.

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

The food stamp program is supposed to prevent starvation and malnutrition. Using it to buy junk food or luxuries is against the principle of the program. When I hit hard times, I ate rice and beans. She should do the same. One might suggest that her poor decision making process is one of the reasons she is in a hard spot in the first place.

Might be against the principle, but obviously is not against the choice, otherwise those items wouldn't be permitted under the guidelines. Why should she choose to eat rice & beans just because you chose to eat those items. Isn't that the same as her saying that you should choose to do what she does.. neither would be right, as even those who recieve these entitlements are still permitted their own freedoms of choice. Those rights aren't handed in simply because a person is collecting something from the state.

Perhaps some of her decisions have helped her to be where she is, maybe not. In any event I'm pretty sure that she would rather have functioning kidneys and the independance to not have the need to rely on Gov't. programs. She does qualify though, and should still be treated with dignity in the grocery store.

Third point: she is entitled to nothing. We, as a good-hearted nation, do not want to see anyone starve so we have elected to help people in need out, but it is an act of charity. She is not entitled to this charity.

She most certainly is entitled to the food stamp program, as it is not a charity, but an entitlement to those who are eligible to recieve.

Some of the same people who in other threads call these programs an entitlement, as if it's a filthy thing, but suddenly it's charity if you want to clarify that she isn't entitled

link   

I don't know, it's common sense what his statement implies;

"Well excuse me that I work for a living and don't rely on food stamps like you," Nerger said.

It was an accurate statement.

Why do YOU assume people who don’t work are lazy? The manager never said that....he said she doesn't work....he's right.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if campanionator is RealSpoke’s evil sock account to do the heavy hitting??

Not really surprising you'd make up some lame conspiracy, as right wingers are prone to paranoia.

I could say the same thing about you, Neo always comes to your rescue.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

And the funny thing is the republicans in this thread are still trying to demonize this lady by saying shes entitled, trying to play a victim card, buying food that was "premium", and buying food that wasn't approved by foodstamps. They're acting similar to the manager.

Not really

The funny thing is those who are trying to demonize the republicans playing the victim card, and using hyperbole to make their "points".

That's a knee slapper!!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And by keeping a parent home and taking care of them, instead of putting them in a nursing home paid for by medicare, she is saving the state a whole lot more money then she would ever receive in food stamps.

So no, he has no right to imply anything.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Don't forget this one

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Why should she choose to eat rice & beans just because you chose to eat those items. Isn't that the same as her saying that you should choose to do what she does.. neither would be right, as even those who recieve these entitlements are still permitted their own freedoms of choice. Those rights aren't handed in simply because a person is collecting something from the state.

Those rights ARE relinquished when you take the handout. Your analogy is ridiculous. If you’re going to spend MY money (tax payer money) then you’re damn right I (tax payers) can tell you what you CAN’T buy.

If you don’t like it then go earn a paycheck and buy what you want.

I’ll tell you, the entitlement mentality is something to behold…..the arrogance of some people is striking.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nope. The funny thing is the republicans in this thread are acting just like the manager. Which just kind of proves my point.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by neo96

Nope. The funny thing is the republicans in this thread are acting just like the manager. Which just kind of proves my point.

Only republican I know is me the rest are independents.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Not really surprising you'd make up some lame conspiracy, as right wingers are prone to paranoia.

So now right-wingers have cornered the market on conspiracy theory, too!

We ARE an intelligent, perceptive group but you give us too much credit!

I could say the same thing about you, Neo always comes to your rescue.

Two ‘WATS’ members? That would be one hell of a sock account!!

edit on 11-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by neo96

I know, that is irony

They are exemplifying the story and then denying it

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Your blowing this out of proportion. Anyone can make a mistake and this person did.
Have him apologize and move on. You do not need to tell me your work history. I do not doubt that.
I would handle the situation as the store has. The fact that you stated he should be fired unless he is a friend of the family then lay him off is total BS. Read your own words. If he is a regular employee fire him.
I just do not think you get it.
edit on 11-10-2012 by KoolerKing because: left out a word

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It's not your money as soon as it gets taken out in taxes. Sorry. It doesn't belong to you anymore.

Believe me, if that was the case you wouldn't have gotten my tax money to go kill people in the military.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join