It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Ridiculed For Using Food Stamps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
lol. I'm done with this thread. I'm sick of hearing republicans cry because I said the manager, who used a republican talking point, was probably republican.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by NavyDoc

Do you have any information to back this up?

She says she turned down a $500 gift card.

www.ksdk.com... Georgia-woman-offended-by-Kroger-managers-food-stamp-comment

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
lol. I'm done with this thread. I'm sick of hearing republicans cry because I said the manager, who used a republican talking point, was probably republican.

What, for making something up?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

reply to post by NavyDoc

Do you have any information to back this up?

She says she turned down a $500 gift card.

www.ksdk.com... Georgia-woman-offended-by-Kroger-managers-food-stamp-comment

That link seems to be dead?

This one should work.

www.ksdk.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Now you are assuming when you imply that it only bothers certain people when such comments are directed at a terminally ill person. I don't condone that kind of hatefulness spoken to anyone, and I'm sure most others don't either.

Yes, I'm sure you've heard a lot of republicans spout some ugly things on the internet behind the mask of anonymity, as I have heard democrats who are just as bad. But I'm sure you are aware that the majority of people (of all political leanings) would never say something so ugly to anyone in person- without the internet to hide behind.

I am republican, and I am also in favor of the food stamp program. I am against people who abuse the system (and yes, there are many). If I see someone using food stamps in the store I do not judge them- I have no idea what their circumstance is. My problem runs with people who I know for a fact ARE abusing the system when there are others out there that really need the help but cannot get it.

That store employee never should have spoken to ANY customer in such a fashion!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well, the store owner should fire the worker for his attitude. The woman was a customer and the store gets paid for the food that was bought. I worked insulating homes for the Department of Energy's programs for low income and elderly people and these people applying were a big part of me getting work. I treated them with respect because without their need I would not have had available work in times when things were slow. It is the worst thing for a business to have an employee like this, he needs to be discharged immediately. I'm sure that this video has cost the store a lot of business all ready, it could be enough to cause a change that eventually makes the store go under. I am a businessman, I understand how to create a longlasting business. It entails biting your tongue a lot and getting rid of employees with the wrong attitude no matter how well you know them. It is just a matter of how you get rid of them in this instance, if it is a friend of the family, lay him off, a regular employee gets fired.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I would be on food stamps if I was "out there" too.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Because there aren't threads full posters saying that all welfare recipients are lazy and sucking off the system.

Now I am sure all you people on here getting your panties in a bunch over this, are also on those threads arguing that not everyone sucks off the system.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Thanks!

I would turn the gift card down too. He offended her by accussing her of taking handouts and not working, then he tries to pacify her by giving her a handout.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The ATS anomaly where people avoid discussing the actual issue by latching onto an insignificant point and harping on it.

I have had it happen, and it ruins good threads.

We should name this anomaly.
edit on 11-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The ATS anomaly where people avoid discussing the actual issue by latching onto an insignificant point and harping on it.

I have had it happen, and it ruins good threads.

We should name this anomaly.
edit on 11-10-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

With all due respect, the point was not insignificant but actual a primary part of the Op's hypothesis and reason for posting so he could say, "See how nasty Republicans are" again. Bit disingenuous don't you think?

Directly from the original post:

So here we have some elitist republican or conservative manager harassing a chronically ill customer for using foodstamps to purchase food. This is what watching endless fox news does to a person, fill them with hate for their fellow countrymen who are down on their luck, who is in need of help
edit on 11-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

So, in the original post, the OP extrapolated political party, political philosophy, and television viewing habits of the manager and then complained when he was called out on it? Obvious agenda is obvious.
edit on 11-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The guy was an idiot for saying that. It was mean and cruel. I do not think he should be fired.
Maybe he was having a bad day too. I feel very bad for the lady and I hope she gets well.
He should apologize and say he is sorry. This country of ours is about to explode. We need to treat others with kindness and it does not matter if your a republican,democrat,rich,poor,black,white,gay,straight,woman,man,catholic or an atheist.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
RealSpoke may have stated an opinion, an obvious opinion, that came off like he was stating fact, even though he was obviously stating an opinion, but...
Half the responders didn't even read the article and posted outright lies, and attacked his opinion like the original story didn't even matter.

I very rarely agree with OP, but I had to hand out some stars here and shake my head. Sorry you aren't entitled to an opinion anymore RealSpoke! Although we don't think the same way about most things, I appreciate you and I don't care if your opinions aren't the same as mine.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

Being a boss, you sometimes have to set an example. After being let go the guy may learn that his attitude needs adjusting. I have seen this behavior and until someone seriously confronts these people they do not usually change, they just suppress their tongue. A person like that needs a job in a factory and shouldn't be out in public. He may be an excellent worker in another job but not in this job working with the public. He may be alright in five to ten years also but sometimes they get worse. Service oriented jobs are not for all people.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Republican or not history is history. Most people who are unemployed where laid off during 2007 and 2008.
I wish we Americans would stop using party affiliation to label themselves. Neither party is a mirror of how someone feels in this country. So the fact that you claim to be a republican and grant your approval of someone using food stamps only undermines the real issue. Too many of us are selfish. Do you object to your money being spent on bullets and bombs? If so do you voice your opinion as loud as you do about food stamps?
Why are we bashing people for feeding themselves? How can we expect a problem that it takes decades to build
to get solved in one presidency? Obama or Romney neither one of them can fix our long standing problems in a quick minute. The argument that the path towards recovery are two different roads is a joke.We invented almost every device that is needed or wanted in the world today. How many of these items are made here? How many households make a salary which provides a true quality of life and not just existence? (my liberal side). If we agree that we are a religious nation ( my conservative side) should not our first priority be the care of our fellow man/woman? We pay taxes anyway. So why is everyone pissed about feeding people and providing healthcare?
The costs are just a small part of our budget. Look it up.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Herein lies the problem.
Why would you assume anything?
"Probably" republican?
Why give up on a thread you started?
Writers remorse?

The article had absolutely NOTHING todo with poli-ticks...yet you've managed to bring it up.
Seems to me that you have bigger issues with Republicans than with the managers comment.
You say him using that phrase was a Republican talking point?

I've heard many different people of different affiliations talk about welfare.
Most of the talk is plain and simple. People should work for gov't help.
Not sit around and collect on the taxpayers dollar for free.

If a person is legitimately unable to work, then gov't help is justified and understandable.
But if a normal, healthy person just wants an easy handout...it's not.
If she wasn't able to work then any gov't assistance is greatly needed.

By the way:
I'm neither republican or democrat.
Yet I can see the disgusting behavior of both sides.
Which is why I leave my affiliation at the door.
That's my talking point.

And TiredofControlFreaks...yes the woman should stick up for herself.
Why wouldn't anyone want to fight for what they believe in?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Your over reacting by firing him. If he is a friend of the family lay him off but if he is a regular employee fire him?
If that is how you run your business then you won't be in it very long. Really????? That is how you do business?
That is nepotism. That is big part of what is wrong with this country. The guy made a mistake. Move on.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The video was posted by The Young Turks network.

They are ultra Left Wing dingers.

I bet the entire video was staged and would question the entire claim.

I say it was a set up big time.

I wonder how much "the woman" got paid ?

I wonder if she even has a "medical condition" to begin with ?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

are you delibereatly taking the piss - or actually incapable of honest discussion ?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The worker at the store should have kept his mouth shut...no matter what his views are...done his job and be glad that she (and others like her) shop there. Her purchases help to keep the store open..and also make it so he has a job.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join