It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser Pens and U.f.o's.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I am a long time ats member and would like to tell a story of what me and my son saw one clear night in my backyard.
back in november last year me and my son were sitting in the backyard looking up at the night sky watching out for shooting stars and playing around with my laser pen.We saw quite a few shooting stars that night as it was very clear.Anyway i said to my son,did you know you can see satellites every now and then,to which my son laughed and thought i was messing around.But as i said that to him i managed to spot one coming over.So i showed him where it was by pointing my laser pen toward it.I was following it for a few seconds with the laser pen when all of a sudden thing that i called a satellite just seemed to zip off at an extreme speed.I could not explain to my son what the hell it was from that moment on but he laughed and said are they supposed to speed up like that and vanish so quickly. Any thoughts people???

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

Could it have been space junk re-entering orbit and burning up somehow? Like a falling star?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
To be honest i dont think so because it seemed just carry on in the same direction.It was really weird because ive never seem anything like before. Ive seen shooting stars so it wasnt one of those,and as for space debris there wasnt anything burning up.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I have a similar story.

I was out walking my dogs about 9 months ago, looking up at a clear sky.

I was focusing on this one star, for no particular reason.

Then suddenly bellow it, what looked like a star streaked across the sky, fading suddenly.

Now this could offcorse have been a shooting start, however, from what i saw, then it traveled in a straight line, and it looked like it was relatively low altitude.

To this day im not sure what i saw, seen many shooting starts, and im 95% sure this was not one.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Laser pens are a danger to pilots.You will be arrested and prosecuted if you're caught aiming a laser pen skywards in the UK.

No idea what you saw though.

CX

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Interesting story

Who knows what it was, but i know that kind of thing is weird to see. Not that it's similar to yours flying off, but last month i got a laser for pointing out the stars with my kids in the garden. First night we took it out, i was tracing Ursa Major and i was talking to my daughter about the little star next to Mizar (Alcor) being used as an old test for good eyesight.

Up from that there appeared to be a star we hadn't seen initially, and i shone the laser on the distant spot. As i did this, it appeared to flash on and off once, as though it signaled to us.

It wasn't a dazzling or shaky effect that you get with the light coming through the atmosphere, it was a definite "on and off" as though someone flicked a switch to signal.

We just looked at each other with raised eyebrows, didn't want to do it again in case it was something we shouldn't have been shining the laser at.

CX.
edit on 11/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Did it just fade out really quickly in disappearing, giving the illusion of disappearing due to speed?

Satellites will disappear as they fall into the Earth's shadow.
Often when this happens, people mistaken their seeing a UFO claim that it's 'cloaked'.
Similarly, people attempting to get the attention of satellites they think are Alien Spacecraft by flashing lasers get over excited when the solar panels on a satellite catch the sun to create a flaring effect which many interpret as the 'UFO' signalling back at them.

There are 'UFO' Ranches that will charge money by the hundreds of $$$ for peopel to watch UFOs *cough* satellites, where paying customers are told the UFOs are cloaking, or signalling and other such when in fact it's just satellites doing what satellites do.

It's also not beyond probability that it was actually 2 things you saw; a satellite at first, when when the satellite reached Earth Shadow a meteorite then coincidentally hit atmosphere at the same apparent position creating the illusion of the satellite zooming off.

This isn't to say that you didn't see a UFO. It's just a position based off of probability since there are so many satellites which are easy to spot, and at the same time you were indeed out watching a meteor shower.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Ok i get what your saying but, he did see a UFO. He isnt sure what he was looking at so there is no question that he and his son saw a ufo. they couldnt identify it for sure so what are they to call it? Until he knows what he saw it is a ufo.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Ok i get what your saying but, he did see a UFO. He isnt sure what he was looking at so there is no question that he and his son saw a ufo. they couldnt identify it for sure so what are they to call it? Until he knows what he saw it is a ufo.

That all depends on how one defines "UFO". The term, in popular culture, for instance, seems to denote Spacecraft controlled by Intelligence originating from some other place/dimension/time/'other', from the reference plane of Earth.
In other words, Most people mean 'Aliens' when they say "UFO".

In the case of Unidentified vs. Unidentifiable, I'll concede, based on current information, what was seen is currently 'unidentified' as far as OP and we in lacking any verification in the face of speculation goes.

I will suggest OP check Space Weather for information regarding satellite flybys during the time, location, and directions in question, and rest with any such findings there may be.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

That all depends on how one defines "UFO". The term, in popular culture, for instance, seems to denote Spacecraft controlled by Intelligence originating from some other place/dimension/time/'other', from the reference plane of Earth.
In other words, Most people mean 'Aliens' when they say "UFO".

In the case of Unidentified vs. Unidentifiable, I'll concede, based on current information, what was seen is currently 'unidentified' as far as OP and we in lacking any verification in the face of speculation goes.

I will suggest OP check Space Weather for information regarding satellite flybys during the time, location, and directions in question, and rest with any such findings there may be.

This is true. I guess its kind of my fault too. i use ufo as it is ment to be used, so when i see it i assume the person means it the same way i do unless they state otherwise. Thanks for the reply.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
They're alien scout ships that are doing reconacense missions. Later the mother ship is going to show up. Otherwise known as Planet X. When it arrives it will introduce the new world order and the new leader of the planet. It will be a woman who's actually a lizard. She will be like this:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is interesting to me because I have been planning to buy a high powered laser and bring it with me to my ufo watching spots that are located in Mexico. It seems almost impossible to me that shining one directly at an alien craft would not illicit some response. If not a very frightening close encounter. However this is what I seek. Thank you for your verification OP.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
Laser pens are a danger to pilots.You will be arrested and prosecuted if you're caught aiming a laser pen skywards in the UK.

No idea what you saw though.

What do you think I wanna do with a laser pen when it's not an airplane, a satellite or a helicopter? Mess around with its electronics

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This is an interesting story. We are looking into the events reported and if there is any proof we shall rectify any problem.

CX

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIDRAT
This is an interesting story. We are looking into the events reported and if there is any proof we shall rectify any problem.

Eh?

Not quite sure what you mean there?

CX.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIDRAT

What are you talking about? Are you a cult?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grimbeeper3

We are not a cult, we are an organisation.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SIDRAT

I will find out about you. You seem to be a conspiricy.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grimbeeper3

Try all you like, the only way you will find out is if we tell you.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SIDRAT

Maybe I will make you tell me.

And what is up with referring to yourself as "we"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join