It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Predicted for Southern California by Scientist. MUST WATCH VIDEO!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's about time. And here I was thinking that I would have to dominate your planet alone. Thanks mother nature.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
He is in the right area but a few days late.

There was a 6.0 in the gulf of Baja 10-8-12

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Event Time
2012-10-08 06:26:22 UTC
2012-10-07 23:26:22 UTC-07:00 at epicenter
2012-10-07 23:26:22 UTC-07:00 system time
Nearby Cities
83km (52mi) SW of Topolobampo, Mexico
101km (63mi) SSW of Ahome, Mexico
102km (63mi) SW of Los Mochis, Mexico
111km (69mi) SW of General Juan Jose Rios, Mexico
950km (590mi) SSE of Phoenix, Arizona

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouswa

The period of time to watch is Oct. 12th-17th. His video verbiage states 10/13/12, but he verbalizes in his video, starting 10/12/12. Regardless, I live in San Diego and we had a jolt type earthquake at 12:30 am PST today, so something is definitely brewing

Big event planned for that time frame in San Diego. Miramar Air Show

This year's theme is Marines in Flight, 50 years of Space Exploration.
The Blue Angels will be the highlight, along with the B52 and B1 bombers.

SAN DIEGO - Some 500,000 people are expected to jam into Marine Corps Air Station Miramar this weekend for the 2012 Miramar Air Show.Link

A lot of people will be around. I pray that this guy is wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There might be a little merit to these claims made by this gentleman in the videos.

There have been quite a few moderate to large quakes in the Gulf of California in the last 10 days.

I guess only time will tell whether this dude has any credibility.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

My post a few threads up is a NBC news story about USGS stating they have the science technology to predict within minutes and will launch to the general public and issue a 1 minute alert (via text, email) before March, 2013, so the science and prediction ability IS here and will be available in 6 months!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Would be so kind as to give us a linky poo to this article.

For the sticklers among us

I am sorry....just realized you have already done that!!

edit on 11-10-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

I can predict many earthqukes comming and not natural.

News flash ; OIL COMPANYS TRY TO MAKE MANMADE EARTHQUAKES

Several earthquakes have been trigered by pumping fluids into deep wells.This apparently lubricates the plates and releases the accumulated pressures.The effects were studied at the rangeley oil field in Colorado.

science year 1974
library of congress card # 65;21776

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Guys, look what happened while you were talking earthquakes this AM:

5.3 Off the west coast of northern Sumatra 2012-10-11 17:07:53
5.5 18km ESE of Los Andes, Chile 2012-10-11 17:22:10

These LITERALLY happened within the hour. Not huge, but 15 minutes apart, on opposite sides of the Ring of Fire.
There are more of these related but distant quakes than we think.
Antipodes could have something to do with it, or just a lot of pressure from that Pacific plate

edit: you can sometimes triangulate using some of these "rapid" quakes to predict where #3 will be.
I did this once and predicted a large one in Vanuatu.
Not a surefire method but it does kind of incorporate PI. Roughly.

edit on 11-10-2012 by KhufuKeplerTriangle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhufuKeplerTriangle
Hi OP!

Those in CA believe their state will drop into the ocean. That's even worse, LOL.

First time i heard this was 25 years ago and its still there.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This along with the sink hole activity going on in LA is quite worrisome.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
This along with the sink hole activity going on in LA is quite worrisome.

Things are neither normal nor good @ Ring of Fire... what was it, 4x the normal activity this year alone?

People should be aware, if not concerned...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Well I'm waiting and I'll be here to let you know what kind of a ride it is. Apple Valley is about eighty miles inland and desert community so I should be spared no matter how much shaking occurs. So I'll give my report as soon as this is realized.
edit on 11-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave

I got an earthquake app for my I phone, it's realy cool, And it shows me earthquakes all over the world

Alaska , California and Puerto Rico have tons of small quakes everyday!!

Yes they do because they are located in the pacific ring of fire.
It's why predicting 6+ quakes in this region is hardly a prediction.

The apps are handy. I use quake watch. I got it when it was free

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow, 6.5. That's practically small-time these days. It would fit in unnoticed in one of those earthquake swarm records, no doubt. "Just letting off excess pressure over time," people will be saying, as they always have. "Nothing to see here." Only an 8+ magnitude will capture anyone's attention by now. Either that or a triggered eruption...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My youngest just moved to San Diego a few months ago, and it terrifies me to think that she could be caught in a large earthquake.

However, there is a lot that can be done to keep safe during quakes. First of all, there is the preparation:

•Stock up on emergency supplies. These include: battery operated radio (and extra batteries), flashlights (and extra batteries), first aid kit, bottled water, two weeks food and medical supplies, blankets, cooking fuel, tools needed to turn off your gas, water and electric utilities..
•Arrange your home for safety: Store heavy objects on lower shelves and store breakable objects in cabnents with latched doors. Don't hang heavy mirrors or pictures above where people frequently sit or sleep.
• Anchor heavy appliances and furniture such as water heaters, refrigerators and bookcases.
•Store flamable liquids away from potential ignition sources such as water heaters, stoves and furnaces.
•Get Educated. Learn what to do during an earthquake (see below). Then you will be ready for the fast action needed. Make sure that all members of your family have this important education.
•Learn where the main turn-offs are for your water, gas and electricity. Know how to turn them off and the location of any needed tools.

Then, there is the earthquake itself. What do you do when the room starts to shake?

•If you are indoors, stay there. Quickly move to a safe location in the room such as under a strong desk, a strong table, or along an interior wall. The goal is to protect yourself from falling objects and be located near the structural strong points of the room. Avoid taking cover near windows, large mirrors, hanging objects, heavy furniture, heavy appliances or fireplaces.
•If you are cooking, turn off the stove and take cover.
•If you are outdoors, move to an open area where falling objects are unlikely to strike you. Move away from buildings, powerlines and trees.
•If you are driving, slow down smoothly and stop on the side of the road. Avoid stopping on or under bridges and overpasses, or under power lines, trees and large signs. Stay in your car.

At this point, I want to reference a thread from ATS 2010, which gives different advice about where to hide:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It says to not go under a desk or strong table. I think the distinction should be made between very old, unreinforced masonry buildings, and more modern buildings built with more stringent building codes. If you are in an old building (pre 1970), you may want to click on the above thread and follow those directions. However, for more modern buildings, and one story wooden buildings, the advice from Geology.Com seems sound enough.

Then, what to do after the quake is over:

•Check for injuries, attend to injuries if needed, help ensure the safety of people around you.
•Check for damage. If your building is badly damaged you should leave it until it has been inspected by a safety professional.
• If you smell or hear a gas leak, get everyone outside and open windows and doors. If you can do it safely, turn off the gas at the meter. Report the leak to the gas company and fire department. Do not use any electrical appliances because a tiny spark could ignite the gas.
•If the power is out, unplug major appliances to prevent possible damage when the power is turned back on. If you see sparks, frayed wires, or smell hot insulation turn off electricity at the main fuse box or breaker. If you will have to step in water to turn off the electricity you should call a professional to turn it off for you.

geology.com...

It is VERY important not to panic. Panicky people cannot think clearly. Stay calm and stay safe!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by curiouswa
TheBarCaroller on You Tube is a scientist in Australia

Where and when did he get his degree? What degree has he got?

sci·en·tist/ˈsīəntist/
Noun:
A person who is studying or has expert knowledge of one or more of the natural or physical sciences.

He doesnt have to have a degree to be a scientist. If he performs a experiment using the scientific method, then he is a scientist.

I cant stand when people pull the credential card. Many respected scientist from history didnt have college degrees. Also, if he did go through at least 4 years of brainwashing, how can we expect to hear the truth.

Also, I find it incredibly odd that I just happen to be watching an episode of "How the earth was made" on the San Andreas fault on History channel 2.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

One thing I do not understand is why people ignore conditions that are disfavourable to them in terms of predictable natural events. It boggles my mind since some situations are clearly avoidable, from living in flood plains, regions with cold or miserable weather, risk of avalanche, tsunami, significative volcanic or earthquake activity and other types...

If there is no compensation (reward) to incur in the risk, or a real need to, it would be expected that people just avoided them and start to aggregate in larger numbers in more pleasant locations (like the elderly do in Miami it seems).

Even preventive measures, like when I see damage of tornadoes in the US, the first thing I comment about is how they build paper houses and do not use brick or cement like in most other part of the world.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Most houses are built with preventative measures in mind, but there are some older homes which are left as is, until a natural disaster takes them out.

Just about all the houses out here in Texas are brick as a rule, because of the hail, high winds and occasional tornadoes. However, there are older homes, and mobile homes, which cannot stand up to the weather, but some people cannot afford anything better.

After the terrible earthquake in Long Beach, California in 1933, which destroyed a school and many other buildings, and caused 120 deaths, building codes were revised in that state, and retrofitting of older buildings was encouraged. However, there are some old brick buildings which remain, and those are dangerous.

Any place you live on the planet can have a natural disaster. Just throw a dart at a map, and anywhere you hit on land is subject to some kind of natural problem. You can't outrun mother nature, you can only prepare and hope for the best.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

LARGE EARTHQUAKE JUST HIT INDO AS PREDICTED IN THE VIDEO - LINK - www.news.com.au...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

12/10/2012 11:31AM LARGE QUAKE JUST HIT INDO
www.news.com.au...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join