120 day Fast - Watch this

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Want to lose some weight? What do you think of this strategy?

edit on 11-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
What an idiot.

As long as she gets to meet her god...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well I was more referring to the weight loss. Don't you want to try it to lose weight?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

6 monht update. pregnant with her 8th kid. Wow.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Well I was more referring to the weight loss. Don't you want to try it to lose weight?

She's not losing weight, she's becoming emaciated. Certainly not healthy, and she's doing it for yahweh!

God doesn't care if you're fat or thin. You enter via the ground, or so it seems. She'll get there.

Anyone who thinks she is healthy and follows her starvation attempt and losing muscle and tone in the process, well, they're crazy.

she even said "I'm feeling really drained.. but god has a plan for me" or words to that effect.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Why is this in the religious forum?

no explaination... no comment,

just videos....

edit on 11-10-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
What an idiot.

As long as she gets to meet her god...

Actually, studies have shown that the body, when deprived of food, immediately engages cells in the body to repair and create additional blood vessels across the body. This is similar to what happens when you injure a part of your body and blood vessels engage to repair the area. Fasting can heal the body. Giving the digestive tract a break allows other areas of the body to engage with more energy. Since the digestive system requires the most energy, other systems are then free to draw on what is not used. This is similar to a person who lacks a sense like sight to engage other senses at a higher level.

When I did my 40 day fast, I published a book (on education) within the next 6 months, something I would have never done otherwise. My entire life changed around me, my previous stomach problems ended and my energy level to this day is through the roof. I anticipate doing another fast soon. You can make light of this all you want, but fasting has obviously changed this woman's life for the better. She looks amazing compared to what she did before. If she were to continue to eat well, with plenty of fruits and vegetables, I would anticipate that she will out live the typical American that eats like swine in the muck.

I for one can attest to the value she gained. The body is designed to take a break each winter before planting once again starts in the summer. It's the normal cycle life should take, just like nature designs. Why do you suspect that the elderly that went through the depression have lived so long?

Great Depression Increased Lifespan: Good news about bad times.

As for God, a Creator and Designer is evident. Faith makes things possible, not easy. No gift worth having arrives apart from the work it takes to earn it. Too many people complain about reality being too hard and that no loving God could design it this way. On the contrary. Only a loving God could say, "you must be born again," then give us the opportunity to make it right.

See the link in my signature.
edit on 11-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

This is extreme of course. but I think fasting from time to time is really good for you. Gives your organs a break. Cleanses your system. Takes you out of your comfort zone and stuff like that. With all the endless crap we put into our system, either doing a raw food juice fast or else a water fast is almost essential for detoxing the body from time to time.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Oh I agree with that. And I know for a fact I could stand to lose a few kilos. But from her original look to the end she became ill looking. If she thought she was a bit chubby and god would help her lose weight, it seems to me that all she got was anorexic.

If she can't see how she looks and how this is not a healthy look... she's already got issues.

Fasting though, is different to starving yourself. She even admitted to feeling off. for god?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Wow. I had always assumed that fasting had spiritual benefits, but I no idea that fasting actually had medical benefits too. What was your diet like for those 40 days? Like a cereal bar per day or...?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Wow. I had always assumed that fasting had spiritual benefits, but I no idea that fasting actually had medical benefits too. What was your diet like for those 40 days? Like a cereal bar per day or...?

I ate no dairy products, red mean, fried foods or sweets. I did eat dark chocolate to take the place of caffeine. This was not a total fast. I consumed food at each meal, but was very hungry before each meal. I lost around 30 lbs and felt great after the first two weeks. At some point, I would go on a total fast, but not until I repeat this diet for the first two weeks to prepare. Even a week of this helps the body engage. In times of famine, the body uses this opportunity to heal itself.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
At least someone likes the topic ha ha. Funny, I've done 24 hrs a few times, but that's it. Even that's hard. I was gonna do a 48 hr fast when I posted that. But this morning I was so hungry and I had only not eaten for like 14hrs, so I had to eat. Pretty sad.
edit on 11-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, since you brought up fasting, I may as well share the fasting rule of the Orthodox Church.

We're supposed to observe a strict fast every Wednesday and Friday (unless otherwise directed). This includes no meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, olive oil, and wine/alcoholic beverages.

When taking weekly communion, we consume no food or drink after midnight of the day we plan to commune. After communion, we break the fast.

The week before Great Lent is called Cheesfare Week, where we give up all animal products. The strictest form of the fast (most lay people don't adhere to this the first week) is that during the first five days of Great Lent there are only two meals (after Presanctified Liturgy on Wednesday and Friday). However, beginning on that Saturday (as in all weekends during the fast), one can add wine and oil to their diet. Otherwise, from weeks two through six, a regular strict fast is kept, which means no meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, oil, and wine/alcoholic beverages. During Holy Week, on Holy Thursday, people will eat their last meal until Pascha (Easter). Holy Friday is the strictest fast day of the year, and we're encouraged not to eat at all that day, if we can manage. On Holy Saturday, you can have a very light snack after the Liturgy of St. Basil that morning if you absolutely have to eat. However, you eat and drink nothing until after Pascha.

The Dormition Fast is also a strict fast. However, the Apostles' Fast and the Nativity Fast- you're allowed to have wine, oil, and fish way more often. Also, during the fasts, there is a concept called marital fasting, but many have difficulty doing this and only fast in this manner before receiving weekly communion and during Holy Week.

The great thing about fasts is that they're followed by feasts.

St Symeon the New Theologian:

'Let each one of us keep in mind the benefit of fasting... For this healer of our souls is effective, in the case of one to quieten the fevers and impulses of the flesh, in another to assuage bad temper, in yet another to drive away sleep, in another to stir up zeal, and in yet another to restore purity of mind and to set him free from evil thoughts. In one it will control his unbridled tongue and, as it were by a bit, restrain it by the fear of God and prevent it from uttering idle and corrupt words. In another it will invisibly guard his eyes and fix them on high instead of allowing them to roam hither and thither, and thus cause him to look on himself and teach him to be mindful of his own faults and shortcomings. Fasting gradually disperses and drives away spiritual darkness and the veil of sin that lies on the soul, just as the sun dispels the mist. Fasting enables us spiritually to see that spiritual air in which Christ, the Sun who knows no setting, does not rise, but shines without ceasing. Fasting, aided by vigil, penetrates and softens hardness of heart. Where once were the vapors of drunkenness it causes fountains of compunction to spring forth. I beseech you, brethren, let each of us strive that this may happen in us! Once this happens we shall readily, with God's help, cleave through the whole sea of passions and pass through the waves of the temptations inflicted by the cruel tyrant, and so come to anchor in the port of impassibility.

  'My brethren, it is not possible for these things to come about in one day or one week! They will take much time, labor, and pain, in accordance with each man's attitude and willingness, according to the measure of faith and one's contempt for the objects of sight and thought. In addition, it is also in accordance with the fervor of his ceaseless penitence and its constant working in the secret chamber of his heart that this is accomplished more quickly or more slowly by the gift and grace of God. But without fasting no one was ever able to achieve any of these virtues or any others, for fasting is the beginning and foundation of every spiritual activity'.

  — Symeon the New Theologian: the Discourses, pub. Paulist Press. pp. 168-169.

new topics
top topics

join