It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC film crew arrested at gunpoint for sneaking into top-secret American 'UFO base'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
After reading the article the following can be stated:

Most US top secret bases, the ones that are not open to the general public, that are heavily secured, all have warnings around them. Like most military bases of this kind, also have warnings that state the following:
Keep out. They also usually have one other warning posted: Violators can be prosecuted, and the one that should have been a dead give away that what they were doing is extremely dangerous: Use of deadly force is authorized.

So there you have it, and the question is what is the real story here? That they broke the law, and got punished for it? That they decided to ignore the warnings posted, did the reporters from the BBC not understand what was posted? Was the signs not clear enough for them to understand that they should not cross the line and that they could have been shot? The reporters were foolish to try, even those who have in the past do not violate the signs or the base perimeter, rather they find more creative ways to do such, without violating the law or putting their own life and liberty in jeopardy. Perhaps the next time they decide to travel to another country, they will heed the warnings and stay safe.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here's a video from 15mins after they we're released.

Also, I think Darren Perks who went on this investigation has just signed up to ATS to reply to this thread: Fake BBC UFO Investigator Darren Perks .. Created by the Media

Darren''s Websites called UFOshropshire, his twitter is UFOshropshire and his Youtube is UFOshropshire..Now an account joins called UFOshropshire to defend the claims made in the above thread.

Interesting!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Maybe they should have tried walking into Menwith Hill first and see what kind of reception they got there.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You should check our Airforcebase in Volkel (The Netherlands) where are 14 US Nuclear Nukes in Silo's. Camera's, Infrared beams, Electric fence, Gaurds with dogs, signs saying "trespassers get shot without warning".

Edit: It are 20 Nuclear active ready to go Nukes.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Oxize because: (no reason given)

Its more secure then Area51

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This programme is actually on BBC3 in the UK right now!

EDIT: After just 2 minutes it already looks like it's just out to poke fun at conspiracy theorists.
edit on 15/10/12 by Liamoville because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
This programme is actually on BBC3 in the UK right now!

EDIT: After just 2 minutes it already looks like it's just out to poke fun at conspiracy theorists.

yup...

get ready to feel ridiculed

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yup. All i've seen so far is that everyone on the show has their own experience. They go and see an 'expert' who 'disproves' their experience and they move on as quickly as possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

ALL military bases have that sign posted. The only bases that might be open to the general public are bases that share land with a public facility, but even then they are secure. You have to have some kind of pass to be walking around them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oh wow, they're now putting animal mutilations down to "time travelling chefs coming back to get a $3000 a plate dinner".

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Now they've got John Leer as they're about to go to Area 51. Interesting.

EDIT: Hahahaha oh my, wow. They literally just walked through the 'Restricted Area' gate and knocked on the gate house and asked where the aliens were. No wonder they got arrested.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
i'm watching this now, i've heard about john leer before but i didn't realize quite how strange he is

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That was a pretty cool bit.

They were out near Area 51 at night and saw military flares go off and they got all excited and then said "wait a minute, but there's no aircraft, why would they be releasing flares?" and then you hear the sonic boom over the skies.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The program disproved nothing. Glad they all stuck their grounds.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
Now they've got John Leer as they're about to go to Area 51. Interesting.

EDIT: Hahahaha oh my, wow. They literally just walked through the 'Restricted Area' gate and knocked on the gate house and asked where the aliens were. No wonder they got arrested. ..

Haha, that's pretty funny in several ways

edit on 15-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That is true, but at the same time, a news crew with camera's still have to go through the necessary protocal to get permission to film and pass through a check point. Having worked at a top secret location, the rules and signs are very clear, tresspassing is forbidden and the use of deadly force is authorized. The only thing is that sneaking into Area 51 is a bad idea, very bad, and that the area premeter is clearly marked. The reporters choose to ignore the warning signs and found out the hard way that they can be on the business end of a military weapon, that has live ammo in it for violating those rules. They are lucky that they did not get shot, from what I understand it is 3 forms and the person who pulled the trigger goes back to work.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join