It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Iran Have The Right To Strike The West Now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Of course Iran has a right to pre-emptively attack the West...it would be stupid not too. But it'd want to be wise about how it does it so as not to indite itself as the attacker.

It would be naive to think that they dont have sleeper agents in most western capitals just waiting for the signal.

What really troubles me is with all this crap talk about Iran, why havent we taken out North Korea yet? They are far more ahead in nuclear weapons tech than Iran is, they threaten war all the time, they were included in the axis of evil.

Is it because North Korea isnt so close to israel?

No, it's because North Korea is extremely close to the densely populated capital of South Korea and in artillery range, and they haven't said that Korea doesn't deserve to exist, and other than agents in Japan, they don't participate in international terrorism.

Yes, North Korea's leadership is as evil as Iran's, but their ambitions are lower, and they are very poor because they have no oil.
edit on 14-10-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Iran is in no position to strike the west sorry. I'm sure it isn't even on their minds as an option. Israel maybe but that will just open the floodgates to hell for them.
If I were Iran and was facing the west on this matter I would get rid of the nuclear program and get the sanctions lifted. It's common sense, their people are suffering.
If it's for peaceful purposes why go through all this?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
Iran is in no position to strike the west sorry. I'm sure it isn't even on their minds as an option. Israel maybe but that will just open the floodgates to hell for them.
If I were Iran and was facing the west on this matter I would get rid of the nuclear program and get the sanctions lifted. It's common sense, their people are suffering.
If it's for peaceful purposes why go through all this?

It's because the Iranian regime knows they have serious opposition from their people, but like North Korea, they want to hang on to their power and privileges indefinitely, regardless of the consequences on their nation's standard of living or political freedom. If they get a nuke then they can't be ousted by democracy, most importantly internally.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Personally I believe it does, but would like to hear other points of view.

The way I see it, our governments have imposed sanctions and committed acts of war and terrorism already against Iran with no legitimate reason underpinning. They have been bomned, had computers attacked, struck by economic warfare and the question is why?

The west maintains that its because of thier nuclear program, however, recent reports have come out stating that sanctions will not be lifted even if thier "peaceful" nuclear program was put on hold.

The west has no evidence and has put forward no evidence of WMD being built in Iran either. This shows Irans restraint, I wonder if the west would show similar restraint? I doubt that very much.

The only people suffering from these sanctions is the poor and infirm. So my question is, does Iran habe a legitimate reason to strike back now?

First, yes, Iran has the right. As they say, just because you can do something does not mean you should. Iran would not have a good day after the attack.

Second, source this quote that the sanctions won't be lifted.

Third, I will do what you did not do, I will source my claims. Iran has never planned on peaceful nuclear power. They have already stated they plan to enrich beyond 20%, to 60% now, in order to build nuclear submarines.
www.reuters.com...
www.cnbc.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join