It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borat Is A Religiously vilifying and racist Creation...so why is it not banned?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Dr Expired

Charged with what? where do you want to start censoring?

Its called free speech here in America, and even it was hateful it would still be covered under satire.

Go preach censorship somewhere else.

You may not like what it says, but here in America where the movie was produced we allow people to express themselves freely.
edit on 11-10-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

So are you seriously saying if the butt of the whole Borat creation was demonstrably an Israeli Jew it would allowed to be aired across the world?
Iam talking about equality.
The double standard is dangerous, in Nazi Germany, in Maosist China in Stalins USSR ...some were allowed to kill others by the millions with impunity.
Such is selective application of the law

First rule of Internet arguing, once you throw in nazi or hitler you already lost.

Clearly you have no desire to actually debate, when people prove you wrong you simply ignore their argument, as in the post that have brought up family guy.

Jewish people are made fun of in much of the media, just like everyone else.

But again your not interested in fact only in pushing an agenda that Muslims shouldn't be made fun of.

You do not have the right to silence anyone's voice simply because you don't like what's being said.

Family Guy is written mainly by persons of the Jewish faith.
www.cartoonbrew.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

What about ....the Zohan.

The Zohan was great.
Sandler rocks.
Nobody messes with self deprecating Mossad hairdressers. Nobody!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

charged? charged with what? nothing! the essence of freedom of speech,

though bruised and battered, we do still have the right,

maybe such things go un aired sometimes but it is for no other reason then fear of loosing viewers, anything that will get viewers and money, will be aired, wether it offends or not.

welcome to capitalism

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

What a ridiculous thread, honestly!
Do you agree with the Muslims not allowing pictures of the prophet Muhammed?
In this day and age people should be able to say what they want without people crying that they're offended. Because that's freedom of speech. It seems people would rather have the right to be offended than having the right to free speech.
Borat is a ridiculous comedy film that gets its humour mainly from bad stereotypes.
Anyone who is offended by this is supporting these stereotypes.
Its like, if he was impersonating the British, playing on the old "were posh and have really bad teeth" thing. No ones exactly going to want the head of the man who came up with it.
I'd like to see one aimed at america, just to witness the butthurt.
Although sacha did a pretty good job at that with Bruno.
Bruno was a strange form of genius which a lot of Americans can't understand for obvious reasons.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
For those who not know of Borat.
www.movieministry.com...

Is Borat allowed to be aired because of the actors own religion?

Imagine if Borat was a depiction of an Israeli Jew.

It would never ever be aired on TV , or shown in the theatre.

The creator would be charged.

So why the double standard?

It is certainly a dangerous precedent, or perhaps not new to those who are impartial.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Dr Expired because: Title

edit on 11-10-2012 by Dr Expired because: clarifying the issue

Charged with what? What country are you in?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Are you for real? Get a sense of humour. Borat was pure genius. It takes the piss out of everything! Thats what great comedy is all about.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Don't like it, don't watch it. Your values are not the same as everybody elses. A lot of people find Borat very funny. Having a stick up your ass doesn't make you a tree.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Borat is an English creation, why the hell should its creator give a damn about what an easily-offended American thinks?

If you must know, we're terribly good at satire.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Borat is a character conceived and created to highlight our prejudices about certain places. This is the type of character that Sacha Baron Cohen creates every time. For example, Ali G was a characterization of how that section of society is portrayed.

Personally, i think Ali G, Borat and Bruno are comedy genius. But there you go, each to their own. Our differences are what makes this place so interesting.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm sure if a muslim made a stupid movie about Israeli jews it would get as much play as Borat and the rest of those stupid movies. People seem to love stupid movies.

The question is, why don't they make one?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
ALL RELIGION HAS A PROBLEM.....THEY DEPICT AND SHARE HIPOCRESY........THERES CHILD ABUSE IN ONE OR OTHER FASHION.....MURDER,MONEY LAUNDRY,IMPOSITION,LOVE TRIANGLES,FALSE PRETENSIONS.....AND VERY CURIOUSLY ,THEY ALL HAVE THEIR VERY OWN PROPHET............SOUND FAMILIAR??........

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That guy is a huge racist. His first movie is a racist caricature of muslims, his second movie he attacks Ron Paul and tries to make him look homophobic (Wonder why a rich Jewish guy would want to hurt Ron Paul's chances
) and his third movie is back to the Muslim topic.

If there was ever one Jewish guy in hollywood that had an agenda it's this guy.
edit on 11-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

That guy is a huge racist. His first movie is a racist caricature of muslims, his second movie he attacks Ron Paul and tries to make him look homophobic (Wonder why a rich Jewish guy would want to hurt Ron Paul's chances
) and his third movie is back to the Muslim topic.

If there was ever one Jewish guy in hollywood that had an agenda it's this guy.
edit on 11-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Do you think he had an agenda when he was a relatively unheard character on British TV?

What's your opinion on ALI G?

edit on 11-10-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

You are dead wrong, that is absurd.

Sascha Baron Cohen is a Jewish racist. You got tricked.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

You are dead wrong, that is absurd.

Sascha Baron Cohen is a Jewish racist. You got tricked.

Are you sure?

I've never for a second believed his characters were racist or homophobic. The quality of his comedy lies in revealing the prejudices inherent in the people who meet his creations.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Ali G. I don't know, I never watched his show, but my friends did. I am not trying to cry overblown conspiracy theory, but it is pretty obvious with this guy. Why would he try to do such a thing to a respectable guy like Ron Paul of ALL people. Have you seen his movies?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Ali G. I don't know, I never watched his show, but my friends did. I am not trying to cry overblown conspiracy theory, but it is pretty obvious with this guy. Why would he try to do such a thing to a respectable guy like Ron Paul of ALL people. Have you seen his movies?

I've seen all his movies and all of his TV shows.

Have you?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Years ago... back in the middle 1950s.... thr Catholic Church (and elementary school) i attended
had a bulletin board posted right before you entered, i guess it was called a vestibule,
the list was edited weekly for all the current movies that were acceptable to watch

All other movies ...not on the list ... were banned to be seen by the parishinors

i reckon this was before the movie ratings system ..(PG-14/G/ R / X / etc)

of course i would scan the movies in the newspapers... I would look at the Graphics & Titles to try& figure out why the movie was banned from seeing... some were obvious, sex, blood, in the promos
edit on 11-10-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That guy is a huge racist. His first movie is a racist caricature of muslims, his second movie he attacks Ron Paul and tries to make him look homophobic

His first movie wasn't Borat, it was Ali G which was based on his earlier tv shows were Borat played bit-parts until his popularity gained.

His second movie was Borat, the third was Bruno.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Then you are absolutely, without one doubt, blind.
How on EARTH could you not consider Borat racist? Why such a focus on middle eastern characters in his movies? Then a pretty outrageous parody of gay people.

Actually now that I think of it, his movies have ONLY been racist (towards muslims) and perhaps not homophobic, but definitely not supportive of gay people. I mean he portrays Muslims as ignorant, violent criminals, and gays as sexual deviants.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join