It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Art Bell Caller, So Many Characters...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yes, I am bringing up a WAY OLD topic, but it's one of my favorites.... Art Bell Open Line Callers.

I frequently listen to C2C while I work, as well as at night while I am going to sleep. Art Bell is almost always playing into my earphones, if I am at my computer.

Do you remember the Area 51- Frantic Caller? Of course, you do.

While listening to ANOTHER classic show, I heard the guy calling in again, different night, different story, different name but same speech pattern, same tone, same voice, same verbiage, same time span... everything.

I played two of these questionable shows at the same time. It got very difficult to tell which character was speaking on which call. I knew at that instant that Single Seven is "Brian", "Steve", "Jonathon" along with many other callers.. but mainly the Area-51 Caller.

I am going to compile a list of clips and calls that he has made to Art Bell.
I am combing all of the open lines. I will update this as I find more of his calls. But here are the first 3.

Things to note before watching and comparing:
1) Single Seven is calm... "Jonathon" is a relaxed Character.

2) Area-51 Caller is frantic. "Ex-A51 Worker" is a scared character.

3) Hoaxer Call back is nervous. "Brian" is coming out with the truth and has no idea of the outcome. Will Art be upset? Ban him? He is going to let the "chips fall" and you can tell by his voice he is nervous.

Taking those into account, you can then listen to how the words are pronounced and draw your own conclusions.

Single Seven

Area-51 Caller

Call Back

Again, thanks. I love these calls, even if they are hoaxes. They just never get old to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'd rather listen to Rush Limbaugh, n i hate that guy...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I just got done listening to them and I agree that they are all hoaxes. Whether they are the same person or not I don't know; I'm bad at human identification.

The way the station went down in the middle of the Area 51 call seems to be the most interesting aspect coming out of all of this. My imagination imagines someone from some high military security group assigned to listen to Coast to Coast each night with the ability to pull it down in seconds if he senses something is wrong. He may have not known whether the caller was real or not and just panicked and pulled the plug just in case.

If so, and if it was a hoax, then it was one of the best hoaxes ever.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I like it, lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Are you saying it's a government shill? Or just a troll? I'd put my money on the latter. I listen to Noory's recent shows sometimes (even though I will always prefer Art's old shows) and I have heard Noory get trolled more times than I could count. It didn't happen as often with Art because he was sharp as a tack and could usually tell when somebody was pulling his chain. Noory however, is an oblivious goof and kind of deserves it. I'm actually considering trolling him sometime when they have open lines. I have a pretty convincing idea that I'm still working on.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

We don't hear such entertaining calls anymore, not on any show in the world, because there are no other shows like it with such worldwide success and accept un-screened calls, the key is *UN-SCREENED CALLS* without it the magic is gone, of course Art is a great host, if anyone knows of a similar show to Art's let me know, C2CAM is so so so so so so boring with these screened calls, with this horrible host, the only shows I can stand is when it's a fill-in that is not the current Saddam Hussein lookin dude.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

How exactly do they screen calls? I want to troll one of the open lines shows in the near future, and I have heard many people successfully do so, but what exactly do they do in the process of screening calls? Does somebody talk to you on the phone first and ask for a summary of your story or whatever to make sure you seem legit?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I didn't watch the vids, but I believe ya

I also listen to coast to coast while I fall asleep. I use youtube, and I'm running out of shows to listen to. Anyone have any suggestions?? Another site? A different show?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yep, I remember that frantic Area 51 caller - It was a pretty unnerving call. He should have gotten an Emmy award for that performance, for sure. I just don't see someone with seriously big secrets calling in a radio show with them, y'know?

Someone with a desire for attention though, yes.

reply to post by Xaphan

That's something I've wondered and pretty much figured - Probably a very brief telephone interview before goin' on the air, and just think how easy it must be to worm your way into it with trollish intent. What some people will do to get noticed...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

How exactly do they screen calls?

Somebody answers your call and asks various questions then decides where or not you are worthy of going on the air. Then the caller is put on hold and the host is briefed about who you are where your from and what you would like to talk about before talking to you.

Whereas if you called into Art Bell you would encounter a ringing phone that when picked up would be Art Bell himself and you would be on the Air with a small delay to bleep out last names or swearing. Thus the spontaneity made the show superb entertainment.
edit on 10/11/12 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
After listening to all three.
I think it's the same voice in videos One and Three but the guy sounds different in the second.
Nice thread !

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
What some people will do to get noticed...

I'm not doing it to be noticed, nor do I have a craving for any kind of attention. I'm doing it for the lulz - plain and simple. The fact that Noory has to have calls screened tells me that he's too much of a doofus to detect trolls like Art could. Noory deserves a good trolling every so often. He ruined C2C.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Oh man, you misunderstood me - I was referring to the infamous A51 caller, not you on that quote.
Your question about their screening is one I have also.

I didn't listen to C2C back when Art Bell was in, only caught on when George was, so maybe it's a bit easier for me to appreciate his shows, having not heard much of Art.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
reply to post by Xaphan

Oh man, you misunderstood me - I was referring to the infamous A51 caller, not you on that quote.
Your question about their screening is one I have also.

I didn't listen to C2C back when Art Bell was in, only caught on when George was, so maybe it's a bit easier for me to appreciate his shows, having not heard much of Art.

Oops lol, my mistake. Yeah the people who troll over and over get kind of boring. Making one epic call and leaving it at that is ideal. Doing it more than once will just get old.

If my call is successful I'll post it here.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I call in all the time, I have lost count on how many times i have called in. Fun thing to do is take the plot of a video game and tell it like it is some prediction of the future.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Are you saying it's a government shill? Or just a troll? I'd put my money on the latter. I listen to Noory's recent shows sometimes (even though I will always prefer Art's old shows) and I have heard Noory get trolled more times than I could count. It didn't happen as often with Art because he was sharp as a tack and could usually tell when somebody was pulling his chain. Noory however, is an oblivious goof and kind of deserves it. I'm actually considering trolling him sometime when they have open lines. I have a pretty convincing idea that I'm still working on.

I think you under-estimate Noory. This guy is no fool and should have enough experiance to 'feel' people. Sometimes it is very obvious that he has a moron on the line and was I surprised how relaxed he took the guy "serious". But after hearing the guy out he suddently says something like.....and now we go to Beloxi Alabama.

It is my opnion that he doesn't want a riot on the air and slowly but securely and discretely show such persons the way out.

But getting back on topic....Yes, I agree it could well be the same guy. There is a subject-matter expert interviewed by C2C from time to time with the same voice as the Area51-caller. I think it is him...unfortunately I can not give you his name.

edit on 11/10/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Art Bell did many of his own voices...... It is what made the show so damn funny. He could call himself and hold an entire conversation just to draw in "suckers".

For example he could call in and say that a meteor crash landed in Central Park and it would be minutes before suckers started calling in saying they saw it also.

I miss Art. I bet he is having a ton of fun with his little Filipino Princess!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

We don't hear such entertaining calls anymore, not on any show in the world, because there are no other shows like it with such worldwide success and accept un-screened calls, the key is *UN-SCREENED CALLS* without it the magic is gone, of course Art is a great host, if anyone knows of a similar show to Art's let me know, C2CAM is so so so so so so boring with these screened calls, with this horrible host, the only shows I can stand is when it's a fill-in that is not the current Saddam Hussein lookin dude.

Someone turned me on to this 24/7 Stream the other day. Some of the Open Lines are aired. I am with you, if anyone finds a similar show, I would love to know!

I still listen to C2C, but find myself listening to a few day old shows and skipping straight to the Open Line, or caller question, segments. Even If I don't hear something interesting, I find out what the whole show was about with a few questions, lol.

I know the screener answers, asks for a summary, he (or sometimes she) will ask questions, maybe even strike up a conversation with you on the topic. If they think listeners would find it interesting, you are in. But I think the lines are flooded, I constantly hear people say "I can't believe I finally got in, I can never get through!"

I would love to hear anyone's call, if you have gotten on air, let me know the show and I will try to find it on Archive.

Still combing for more calls from this guy, I THINK I found another, but it a CLOSE call. I have downloaded an analysis and will be running further tests. Of course, findings will be posted ASAP!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I got in so easily last night and made a troll call. They really don't do a good job of screening. I was in within 10 minutes of dialing.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oh? What was your Troll Call about? I listened last night... Did you do the Fresh Prince? I laughed so hard, George didn't even get it. lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join