It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If LOVE is LIGHT then DARKNESS is lack of light...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What happens if you shine LOVE/LIGHT on DARKNESS?

If Love/Light is more powerful, then it should be enough to transform Darkness into light , like a match of flame in dark.

Why is it that if you love evil, they still don't shine, they continue? And if you love they can even use you as gain....

People need to think about their belief system but i'm sure some here will justify....

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think you're trying to justify a metaphor. Light is a metaphor for Love and vice verse. I don't see Evil as being actual Darkness unless you're trying to visualize it.
Evil is doing wrong that affects others and Love is doing good that affects others. Light and Dark is just a more poetic type description of the two.

You can't love evil out of someone as much as you can educate it out of them, but it does take love to take the time to do that.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Love is the re-integration of being. Love has nothing to do with comparative analysis of endless concepts.

It is Maya that traps the mind into This vs. That conceptualizing. All understanding of the mind is rooted in Maya.

edit on 11-10-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
People on this site talk way over my level of comprehension.I'm not even sure my question fits in here, but I'll ask anyway...
If God is light and love, but Lucifer or whatever is the angel of light and the illuminati think they are the light bearers, then how do you know which light is the right light?! Does Satan/Lucifer or whatever you wanna call him disguise himself as the light?
I'm stupid, so can someone break that down for me in simple terms?
And where does the darkness fit in?
edit on 11-10-2012 by 1frenchfryshort because: stupidity

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1frenchfryshort

hi good question,my simple answer to that is that those are all names and a name is not proof.The proof of the sun is its sunlight and the way it makes us feel. If you see the sun in a movie you can admire its affect but you are just remembering what its like not experiencing it directly. So with all the other references you will need to experience them to be able to work out if the name given is true or no.
Evil is known to be deceptive, so it will cloak itself in any name,religion,charity or even a barbie doll if it can deceive you.So we must put things to the test, we are the temperature gauge.Only we can know through experience, what the fruits of that which we are involved wit are made of and whether it is beneficial or not.For instance can you call yourself wise just because you are elderly? Or because simply you look wise!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you shine light in a room the light fills it, once you take that light away the darkness returns. The idea of sharing light where there is darkness is that it is offered. All light comes from within, so the darkness has not given birth to light yet!yet!yet!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If Love/Light is more powerful, then it should be enough to transform Darkness into light , like a match of flame in dark.

Why is it that if you love evil, they still don't shine, they continue? And if you love they can even use you as gain....

People need to think about their belief system but i'm sure some here will justify....

No one has a patent owner ship on good or evil.
Evil does as evil gets, its Ebb and flow.
The wave of evil love permeates all.
Being the only True God i must be right.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I've seen those paranormal activity movies. They're always in the dark.

"Ohh dear there's something in the dark by the closet. *screams*"

You know, they'd have all lived if they'd just left the lights on.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My thoughts, just an opinion

Darkness or light, there is no difference, same coin two sides. Move past it. Be guided by inner light, flame of joy, shine your own light. That is true light. Shine in the space where you are. Makes me think of a song!

edit on 11-10-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

If you can shine love on anything, patent it and call me. I'll invest your immense wealth.

If you shine light on darkness, you won't trip in the bathroom or did you have other more esoteric definitions in mind?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved...

Sounds about right

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1frenchfryshort

People on this site talk way over my level of comprehension.I'm not even sure my question fits in here, but I'll ask anyway...
If God is light and love, but Lucifer or whatever is the angel of light and the illuminati think they are the light bearers, then how do you know which light is the right light?!

This may sound too simple, but you already know. For instance, which is correct? Hold a door for someone or slam it in their face? How do you feel after doing either? How do you know which is better?

Does Satan/Lucifer or whatever you wanna call him disguise himself as the light?

Yes. Even a child of light. The highest order deceiver there is. Seductive, tempting and then threatening.

And where does the darkness fit in?

Darkness spiritual and darkness as in, its dark outside. Two different things. But used to illustrate good and evil. So light is "good" (you can see) and darkness is "evil" (you stumble and fall). "Light is love" doesn't really mean anything. Love is love. And darkness is hate, anger, revenge. That kind of thing.

"Seeing the light" is really just a way of knowing the right thing to do is. In the moment. Every moment. Sometimes we don't know the "right" thing to do. Then you resort to not doing the wrong thing. Sometimes we know more what we "shouldn't" be doing. If you can't decide, don't do anything until you know. Keep it simple.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Do yout think the light sabre in star wars was symbolic of this discernation of light used for good and bad. Both good and bad users of force used light sabre as primary weapon. Just thought id throw that in cause reading that preceding post made me think of this.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I'm not sure how to make the connection between the choices we make everyday and a Hollywood film prop?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Neither am i , its just an idea that came to mind. Im a child of light

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

As far as symbology goes, I get your question. The light sabre is just a weapon. Kind of a cross between a sword and a rifle. So it catches our eye. But really means nothing outside the movie. More to the point of teaching to be a "Jedi" are the scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" when Yoda is teaching Luke about the force.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

You will know (what to do) when you are calm, passive.

A Jedi uses the "force" for knowledge and events, never for attack.

Anger leads to the "Dark Side". Once you start down that path, it will consume you at will.

(something like that)

Luke: "Whats in there?"
Yoda: "Only what you take with you. Your weapons... you will not need them."

The movie contradicts itself. Peace and love are taught but the story is one big war.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

More like love is light and hate is darkness.

I think they are opposite?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes its a war, and a profitable one. Imagine tring to make a movie about peace and light and make any real money.

Love, Light Darkness. These things will torture my soul they are all contradictory.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Love, Light Darkness. These things will torture my soul they are all contradictory.

No they are not. Darkness is the absence of light.

hate / love, revenge / forgiveness... these are opposites.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes they are all opposites and fully capable of coexisting in reality of which i am a part of. Can you see how that will lead to a conflict, a battle, a war. Do you see the trenches on lifes battle field?

im being tortured for someones fun.
edit on 12-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join