It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney wants to ARM TERRORIST? Voting GOP is a vote to arm terrorist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Mitt Romney will call for an escalation of the conflict in Syria by arming rebels with the heavy weapons needed to confront president Bashar al-Assad's tanks, helicopters and fighter jets.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Obama is putting pressure on Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the main backers of the rebels, to restrict the supply of weapons to small arms.

Theres a reason for this, to AVOID GIVING TERRORIST Stinger missiles, artillery, anti-tank missiles, etc.

Mitt Romney will call for an escalation of the conflict in Syria by arming rebels with the heavy weapons needed to confront president Bashar al-Assad's tanks, helicopters and fighter jets.

And Romney will just give it to them......WTH? I mean, whats he gona do, go over and ask all terrorist not to get into the line for heavy arms?

I find it odd, there are people here that would cast their vote for a man that would arm terrorist. Terrorist that have been discussed here and accepted by many as fact. The same that profess they would vote for this man.

How do you reconcile this? Voting GOP is a vote to arm terrorist.
edit on 10-10-2012 by ErEhWoN because: Changed quote to headline

edit on 10-10-2012 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2012 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Who armed the Libyan terrorists?

Who is currently arming the FSA in Syria?

Who is currently sending billions to those terrorists in Egypt?

Oh I know that dude who Romney is running agianst.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

And who are these Rebels.

Al-Qaeda.

That would make Romney a Home Grown Terrorist.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

I'd note that Romney is up front about it and our enemies as well as our allies know where they stand. That stability through leadership....whether people agree with what it does or not.....is what has generally kept the chaos of the last 18 months from happening over the last 20-30 years. In my humble opinion.

Personally, I think the man is an idiot for supporting that side of the conflict..but then, how exactly would the U.S. actually SUPPORT Assad in this reality? Umm... The only winning move here really is not to play at all. I'd prefer that....however, if we MUST play this deadly friggen game, letting people know where they stand really matters in my mind. Including little people like Congress..by the way.

THIS garbage has to stop and Howdy Doody would be as good as Romney to replace it with.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing U.S. support for rebels seeking to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his government, sources familiar with the matter said.

Obama's order, approved earlier this year and known as an intelligence "finding," broadly permits the CIA and other U.S. agencies to provide support that could help the rebels oust Assad.

This and other developments signal a shift toward growing, albeit still circumscribed, support for Assad's armed opponents - a shift that intensified following last month's failure of the U.N. Security Council to agree on tougher sanctions against the Damascus government.

The White House is for now apparently stopping short of giving the rebels lethal weapons, even as some U.S. allies do just that.
Source
(It's a long Article and worth the minute to read for those interested in that side of recent history)

No President should feel free to fund private civil wars in other nations and Reagan damn near lost HIS Presidency over this very type of thing. Now? It's blown off like it's just par for the corrupt course. Within a couple Presidents, at this rate, the public won't even hear later that a secret order even existed.

Heck...If we don't even vote out the people who have spent years doing this to us, we simply deserve the time when writing orders at all will be deemed unnecessary and they just outright do whatever they'd like because that's what they felt like that day or week and we may get told or not at all.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just going by memory here, I think most of the arms in Libya were from European sources, or retreating Qaddafi forces. I remember seeing looters at his palace walking away with durgnakov sniper rifles. Also seem to recall the NATO forces trying to keep anti-aircraft missiles out of the hands of the rebels. In face, the Libyan people themselves stormed and overran some rebel bases. Doesn't change what Romney wants to do.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Its in the link.

en.wikipedia.org...
Thats a link to a list of terrorist organizations, could you kindly point out the Egyptian one?

So you would vote for someone that up front states he would arm terrorist?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Obama is putting pressure on Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the main backers of the rebels, to restrict the supply of weapons to small arms.

There is a difference between giving assistance to (providing intel, sniper rifles, training, etc) and giving them anti-air missiles and heavy artillery.

This is just Romney showing his ineptitude in foreign affairs.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I see your Neo's #1 fan.

He hasn't acted yet, so we can only get him for conspiracy to become a home grown terrorist.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Isn't that good enough for life in Guantanamo or ADX? Or death if you "resist" being brought in.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Republicans have been attacking Obama for helping rebels in Libya, but it's ok for them to do the same thing when the country is near Israel??

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Allegorical

They should just 'rendition' him to Jordan, I hear their intelligence services have ways of making people talk....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

It's their modus operandii. GOP is synonymous with hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There is a difference between giving assistance to (providing intel, sniper rifles, training, etc) and giving them anti-air missiles and heavy artillery.

A questioner asked in a July 23, 2007, Democratic debate if the candidates would be "willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea, in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?"

"I would," Obama said. "And the reason is this, that the notion that somehow not talking to countries is punishment to them - which has been the guiding diplomatic principle of this administration - is ridiculous."
Source

Yeah, it's not like any other Candidates had some misconceptions and poor grasp of the reality of things in some specific areas before actually sitting in the chair and hearing the 'adult' briefings only The Man himself gets, right?

By the way, Obama has done 10's of billions worth of Arms deals with the Saudis, among others.......the Saudi's as we know are direct dropping supplies as well as sending other support to the Syrian Rebels and who knows what else for unrest in the region.

Oh...and Obama is doing a fine job of making sure the Bahrain authorities are well stocked to keep the protesters there in check and VERY well educated on their proper place in life. ...but then just as Obama ignored the Iranian uprising attempt early in his term because it wasn't convenient or something...it seems to matter WHO the protesters are and freedom from whom they are seeking.

When we like the freedom and it's good? They could ask for no better friend. If we happen to be friends with the regime they want freedom from...well.. Hell... It's amazing what Hillary and Barack don't see, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Yeah .. cuz' Obama's 'appease and apologize' foreign policy strategy is working out sooooo well, right? The entire Middle East and Persia is melting down and our diplomatic staff are being murdered .. and Obama keeps skipping his security briefings. That's soooooo much better. NOT!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Yeah .. cuz' Obama's 'appease and apologize' foreign policy strategy is working out sooooo well, right? The entire Middle East and Persia is melting down and our diplomatic staff are being murdered .. and Obama keeps skipping his security briefings. That's soooooo much better. NOT!

And TWO dictators have already been ousted

Do you guys support dictatorship or what?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

February, 1982. Despite objections from congress, President Reagan removes Iraq from its list of known terrorist countries.

September, 2012. The US State Department removes Iranian MEK from terrorist list

November, 1983. A National Security Directive states that the U.S would do "whatever was necessary and legal" to prevent Iraq from losing its war with Iran.

October, 2012. Mitt Romney will call for an escalation of the conflict in Syria by arming rebels with the heavy weapons needed to confront president Bashar al-Assad's tanks, helicopters and fighter jets.

Its creepy how similar these events are.

Look how that turned out for Iraq when Saddam served his purpose.

I just hope we don't have another 9/11 event which sways the masses into seeing war is still a viable option. I think this years 9/11 anniversary (go figure!) was an utter failure to keep the show rolling.

edit on 11-10-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

So the people who are tired of being gunned down in their own streets are terrorists? Your post title is against T&C by the way, it has to be the same as the title of the article. The rule is in place to avoid people doing exactly what you did.

Romney wants to send arms ONLY to certain groups that share WESTERN ideals so when the PEOPLE take over the ones with the big sticks are the ones who should have them. Just because Obama screwed up and gave arms to everyone don't blame Romney.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Thank you for being the one to point out the obvious.
Contrary to the OP, a vote for the GOP or the DNC is a vote to arm terrorist. BOTH sides do it, BOTH sides have been doing it and BOTH sides will continue to do it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I am going to cover the Stinger missiles.

First we gave a number of these to the afghans years ago and not one was ever used later when we sent our troops into Afghanistan.

They have a limited shelf life. and we gave the afghans old ones to fight the Russians.

After 9/11 when we sent troops the old Stinger missiles had expired.

Another problem with the Stinger missiles is they were not made for use against stealth aircraft that the US uses.
the tracking system will track the heat from a aircraft but the terminal fuse system that fires the warhead needs to be able to read the aircraft as the missile passes the aircraft, and the terminal fuse system is a radar fuse.

There are a few other things i know of because i worked at china lake calif, But there are things designed into Stinger missiles to prevent blue on blue "mistakes"

top topics

join