It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Dinosaur Identified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Pegomastax africanus is claimed to be the smallest dinosaur that roamed the Earth more than 200 million years ago.It was smaller than a housecat but not nearly as likeable . It probably was a herbivorous .

The newly identified Pegomastax africanus is a strange new anomaly in the dinosaur world. When it roamed the planet more than 200 million years ago, it was less than 2 feet long and didn't even weigh as much as a housecat--making it one of the smallest dinos ever--and it definitely wasn't as likable as a housecat: despite it probably being a herbivore, it had 1-inch-long fangs and porcupine-style quills.

edit on 10-10-2012 by Octagon because: (no reason given)

Link : www.popsci.com...
edit on 10-10-2012 by Octagon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Also found here, though I like your write up better

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm curious what evidence suggests that it is a dinosaur and not a mammal?

Also, why do they think the mouth skin was like that on the sides? I figured it would be open all the way back like a dog's mouth.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

Thank you, that's very interesting.

It always amazes me that archeologists are able to glean so much information from a skeleton and fossils.

Even though it is tiny, I would not want to run into a flock of these. Memories of those little ones on Jurassic Park come to mind. They looked so harmless, but were scary when they ganged up

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
And a lot people hate rats? If those things were still around today, rats would be our pets just like cats and dogs I bet.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar

His thread IS better than yours. At least he didn't make his thread in a way, where he could get the most out of his stars with just one article. A lot of people do what you do in order to gather as many stars as possible, which I don't mind because I think it's funny and pathetic how people only care about stars.

What you do, and I've noticed many other star whores also do this as well; Is when you guys create a thread your opening post is simply the article and source of whatever it is your presenting. While your second post right after it is your opinion as we all know, 90% of the time the 2nd post in a thread gets quite a few stars if you make a good post.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

None of your links are working.

I'm getting 404 errors from the images And the actual article link. I cant see any errors in the url so is the article even still there?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Octagon

Always cool to see a new find but..

The first image made it look really fierce then I saw the second pic

Another ankle biter

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

His thread IS better than yours. At least he didn't make his thread in a way, where he could get the most out of his stars with just one article. A lot of people do what you do in order to gather as many stars as possible, which I don't mind because I think it's funny and pathetic how people only care about stars.

I think you should click on the link and actually see what you're talking about. The other thread starts off with 1 post containing an excerpt from the article and a link to the article.

The second post is from the OP once more, with his opinion.

What you do, and I've noticed many other star whores also do this as well; Is when you guys create a thread your opening post is simply the article and source of whatever it is your presenting. While your second post right after it is your opinion as we all know, 90% of the time the 2nd post in a thread gets quite a few stars if you make a good post.

Almost as annoying as people who don't check the things they refer to.

Heck, even *I* try to do that before posting.

But as mentioned, the other thread is earlier.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Octagon

Always cool to see a new find but..

The first image made it look really fierce then I saw the second pic

Another ankle biter

I can't get the links to work.

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

meh..

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I'm curious what evidence suggests that it is a dinosaur and not a mammal?

Also, why do they think the mouth skin was like that on the sides? I figured it would be open all the way back like a dog's mouth.

There are very telling structural differences between mammals and reptilians which are exhibited and repeated across the evolutionary tree.

You may as well ask how people can determine metal from wood...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Actually, I didn't plan to create the thread that way. That was the last one I created and the only one that was done in that format. If I cared about stars, I wouldn't be making pointless posts like this or like yours.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Links don't work getting 404 on them.

Same as what the other bloke from Australia is getting.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The links work fine for me. I'm in the UK though, must be regional problems. I saw the other thread on this but the scale image is definitely cool. My ankles feel sore looking at that pic.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You didn't get the point I was trying to make in my post obviously. Read it before making assumptions. I forgot to include that the post should have included his opinion in the original post, only reason why he would make a second post after just posting an article and source for an opening post is just to get more stars. We all know that the second post in the thread has the best chance of getting a lot of stars.

Was a very complicated subject to explain, I don't expect you to understand the first time around.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

Yeah yeah, if you says so. I've gotten people to admit that they are star whores when they straight up denied it. Everybody lies.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Believe what you will, but jealousy is unbecoming.

@nd line to be a tool for a tool.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
When I first read the script then looked at the pics, the first thought in my head that came up was - Piranhas. Imagine a heap of these little suckers going ya! Scary...

top topics

join