It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17-Year-Old Kills His Mother and Sister, Calls 911 to Turn Himself In

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I just got wind of this, basically this kid shoots and kills his mother and sister for no real reason at all and calls 911 to turn himself in. Link to an article below for further reading, however in the youtube video you can listen to the whole 911 conversation.

Something that just sounds very suspicious to me is when he says "I'm a little freaked out about guns now" when asked if he wants to hurt himself. That part is at the 8.20 time mark.

Not really sure what to make of this, it all just sounds far too strange and something just doesn't sit well with me, and I can't place what it is. I'd like your thoughts and input.

Jake Evans

(BTW did a search and found nothing on ATS about this, but I know sometimes the search turns up nothing, so if something has already been posted my apologies)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I am 100% sure there was a reason, whether that reason might seem proper to healthy individuals might be another story.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow this is sad

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

The closest thing to a reason he gave was something along the lines of how people in general are rude, and he was planning on killing just about anybody, just that his first victims were his mother and sister and I guess he gave up after that... he could have continued and gone off on a killing spree.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no on on no no no no on no no no no on no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no on no no no no no on no no no no no no no no no no...

edit on 10-10-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

That was the oddest 24 minute long police recording I've heard.. I've never heard someone so calm after a situation like that..
He stated he was on no medications except things among sudafed, and zyrtec type allergy meds.
He had been wanting to kill someone for a while.. because people were rude to eachother, he felt suffocated, and his mom and sister basically got the short end of the stick there.
He shot his sister, and when she started freaking out because it hadn't killed her yet he shot her in the head..

This is all so sad, such a horrible situation.
He sounded so detached, like he had no remorse. He stated he would be messed up later..but the lack of emotion in his voice concerns me, and how calm he was talking to the police lady..
Geez..

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I dunno what's sadder, this boy killing his mom and sis for no reason or a boy killing his parents because they wanted to limit how much Xbox he can play.

If and when I have kids my house will have no TV or video games, and I'm debating on having a computer too but damnitt I love my PC....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
He's clearly a sociopath/psychopath, it's very sad.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I dunno what's sadder, this boy killing his mom and sis for no reason or a boy killing his parents because they wanted to limit how much Xbox he can play.

If and when I have kids my house will have no TV or video games, and I'm debating on having a computer too but damnitt I love my PC....

That's a bit extreme, just a good upbringing will do it provided mental illness is not present, in which case that could just make things worse or not help at all.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

It's only extreme to us modern folk but clearly we lived without any of this and did just fine. Now I'm not saying TV and games makes kids do this, I blame the person before I blame the media.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That was so sad. He said he was never violent before. So detatched and calm. I know some allergy meds can make you really tired, but I don't know. He seemed concerned about his sister after. So strange and sad.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

How do you know for sure he did this for no reason at all ? Have you ever seen Slingblade ? I'd post the vid but the language is to much for ATS . Doiyle certainly had it coming.

Unbelievable !
edit on 10-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by SpearMint

It's only extreme to us modern folk but clearly we lived without any of this and did just fine. Now I'm not saying TV and games makes kids do this, I blame the person before I blame the media.

Yes be we are modern folk. Everyone your future kids meet and interact with will be modern folk. Not to mention the ever increasing necessity of a computer in both education and peoples social lives.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I lived in that community for a short while. I have a child who has lived there for years and they tell me that this family presented themselves as 'the perfect family' (not my words). My child tells me that my grandchildren knew and went to school with their oldest daughter. She got pregnant and married the father, then divorced and was living across the street from her parents with her grandparents.

This is just hearsay you understand.

This is a small community with what the state considers good schools so lots of monied people there. In the last 6-7 years it seems so many young people have died. Auto accidents mostly. My grandson had a roommate who called him at 3 in the am. They hung up and the young man got off at the next exist, crossed the highway then went into oncoming traffic and had a head on collision. He died. About 6 months later my grandson's ex girlfriend was found hanging in a motel room. It was called a suicide but I learned that although, it wasn't made public, they were considering it a homicide.

I don't recall all the reasons for young deaths, but I do remember thinking that there seemed to be much more than you would expect for such a small community.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Near the end, he says something like "just to let you know, when I put the gun down, for some reason, it was loaded".

That, on top of everything else just nags at me that this kid is covering for someone else. That may just be the conspiracy theorist in me, but it just feels wrong. The way he says things like "Just for further reference, I don't want any visitors." Makes it seem like he doesn't want anything about this being addressed.

I don't know. But that last statement about the revolver being loaded "for some reason" when he set it on the kitchen counter feels so off.

I can not help but feel so badly for not only the father and the other sister, but the fact that his grandparents live right across the street is just so awful. They're over there, completely unaware that their grandchild has just killed one of their children, as well as their other grandchild.

He mentioned that his sister was supposed to visit from college the next day. How crappy would it be to go visit your family, only to find that one of them killed the others?

Please, God, somebody something destroy this planet now! Smite us! There's only more of this ahead!
edit on 10-10-2012 by CrypticCryptid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Katharos,

The kid was in shock. It's common for people in shock to exhibit an erie sort of calmness sometimes. A lot of it depends on the psychology of the person too. I don't think he is a sociopath only because of how he clearly had an emotional reaction to what he just did. Sounds to me like a kid that had a short fuse and access to firearms without the self control to limit his anger. He made a bad mistake and realized it a few moments too late.

I say good for him for turning himself in. I hope he continues to punish himself for taking the life of two people who probably cared for him more than anyone else in the world.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wow, another incredibly sad ATS thread. What has become of the world?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticCryptid

Please, God, somebody something destroy this planet now! Smite us! There's only more of this ahead!
edit on 10-10-2012 by CrypticCryptid because: (no reason given)

If you don't like it here, by all means smite yourself, rather than wishing death upon me and my family. I find your post very disturbing, it's probably the same type of thing this kid was thinking before killing. Ironic.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

Good point. Shock is the only reason that really makes sense to me about how calm he was. I did notice how he said he had been planning to kill for a while..then realized after he did not like the feeling of killing at all, and that guns freaked him out. No doubt he had a short fuse, I believe something set him off that he didn't mention in the 911 call.
I am also happy he turned himself in. He does need to realize he just killed family, and family is all you have in the end. I believe he will soon. Poor sister and mother.. And I also feel for the rest of the family that is going to have to cope with this. Bad/sad situation all around.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

Really ! That was an odd response. I thought I was on the fringe with my Slingblade.

edit on 10-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join