It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Profiling of a "Constitutionalist" Turns Simple Domestic Call Into SWAT Raid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Couldn't find this in a search of either the vid title nor the article so...

First, I know there are a lot of threads on the "If you see something, say something" issue and neighbors turning into 'Spies' for the good of everyone but this is different. If I heard a woman screaming down the road (or man for that matter) I think many of us would call the police because of the potential of domestic abuse. And that's as it should be.

But, this turned very wrong when this couple was flagged as "Constitutionalist" and that has become a reason for suspicion these days. Yup, just wanting what is promised in the Constitution is enough to land you on the radar.

www.activistpost.com...

And this is what can happen if you want the same:

A farming family in Letha, Idaho recently had their house raided and were assaulted by police after a neighbor called the police when overhearing a verbal argument between the husband and wife who owned the house. In any other situation they would have had a simple knock on their door and the police would check in to make sure that no one was being hurt.

However, Marcella Cruz and Michael Gibbons were flagged in the police department’s database as dangerous individuals because one or both of them identified as “constitutionalists”. Due to this identification their simple domestic disturbance call was met with a full on swat raid, with the officers scouring the house for evidence of Marijuana.

So without any other reason than a call from a neighbor because of arguing being heard, this "Constitutionalist" was raided without identifying themselves, pulling the wife from the house, entering private property without a warrant (I assume here) and detained without any other reason than the label of "Constitutionalist". The article also states that there are no prior criminal records involved.

The officers ripped Marcella Cruz out of the house, and had both her and Michael on the ground in handcuffs, with guns against their heads.

Seems that the police really did have them labeled and that was reason enough for their actions. "He's anti-law enforcement"...

“Are you familiar with these guys?” asked a deputy identified in the 911 recordings as “Officer 57.” “Negative,” answered another deputy designated “Officer 56.” “I am, and it’s affirmative, there is [sic] weapons,” continued Officer 57. “He is – or at least was – anti-law enforcement. We’ve had issues with him. He’s a Constitutionalist.”

Even in the vid you can clearly hear the officer asking if they were having a little fight...while handcuffing the husband on the ground. When did a marital spat become reason to be treated as a criminal?

And the final comment:

This is just the most recent situation in a string of cases where people have been targeted with extreme force because their political beliefs were flagged in a state database.

Yes folks, it seems to be getting worse and the label of "Constitutionalist" is enough to have you treated as a criminal.

Peace

edit on 10-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
How awful. A chilling cautionary tale, coming soon to a house near you....or even, your own house.

Since when is believing in the Constitution a bad thing? It is obvious that, if the officers consider a person who reveres the Constitution to be "anti-law enforcement", then our country is seriously screwed up, and we are past the point of No Return.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Good find.

It's news like this that makes me believe I am going to die in a swat team raid. Because my music was too loud.

I'm sure I will be painted as some type of crazy extremist, when I was merely defending myself from a home invasion from the police.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
How awful. A chilling cautionary tale, coming soon to a house near you....or even, your own house.

Since when is believing in the Constitution a bad thing? It is obvious that, if the officers consider a person who reveres the Constitution to be "anti-law enforcement", then our country is seriously screwed up, and we are past the point of No Return.

That's exactly what I caught as well. If the 911 call is correct, the connection between "anti-law enforcement" and "Constitutionalist" is indeed a connection that can land a lot of people in this type of trouble.

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Good find.

It's news like this that makes me believe I am going to die in a swat team raid. Because my music was too loud.

I'm sure I will be painted as some type of crazy extremist, when I was merely defending myself from a home invasion from the police.

What many should watch for is the labeling. If you can even know beforehand which is next to impossible.

If your music is too loud and they get a complaint from a neighbor, pull your name and you come up as a "Constitutionalist"...

I know that sounds extreme but so is everything else these days and I'm getting to the point of nothing surprising me anymore.

Peace

edit on 10-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
All I can say is "Whew! At least they didn't shoot the dog!"

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
All I can say is "Whew! At least they didn't shoot the dog!"

Wait for it...

There will be a thread on that again any day now.

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

You got that right Fiss. How is that a bad thing? And I feel I have the right to be anti-law enforcement if I choose. I don't have to like people in law enforcement, and just who the hell do cops think they are?? When you think about it, by the time a cops gets to you, you're either dead or injured, and if it's a property crime, your stuff is already gone, and chances are, you're never going to get it back. And if your car is stolen, expect it to be totally jacked up, if or when you get it back. I guess it's a catch-22 concerning cops, they help maintain some semblance of order, but essentially they're useless. They're pretty much here to generate cash for the municipalities. And these days, they're on a massive powertrip. But powertrips blinds them, and eventually, they trip on the wrong people.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

They're pretty much here to generate cash for the municipalities.

This has been stated many times and is right on the money. Just having so many misdemeanor laws is essentially a ticket to write tickets and fine the hell out of the public.

Not to mention the "quotas" that are no longer just a suspicion but fact. These quotas are nothing but a way to keep the lights on in the Police station and pay salaries.

The cops are nothing but tax collectors and revenue generators these days. And that's on top of the taxes we pay to give them the authority to go out and gather even more revenue...from us.

Screwed up system my friend.

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You're on point Jude. As usual.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing not only because I haven't seen this yet, or that it's local to me but because some people don't actually believe that it can happen. Giving the inside info and well out in the open info, DHS is watching Constitutional, Sovereign people and the like minded. The local police are told to and are following their memo instructions to investigate. Especially sovereign citizen license plates, which are illegal, but nonetheless even a bumper sticker could have you stopped more so now than in 2008!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

people don't actually believe that it can happen.

I see it as people not wanting to believe because it would upset their notions of being warm, safe and secure in their own little World.

Something like the "If I can't see it, it doesn't exist" approach. It's a safety mechanism that causes us to just shut our eyes and hope that the monster just goes away.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Did you all see the way they presented a warrant to the couple to search the house because they had probable cause?

Neither did anyone else. Every one of those fascists need to be permanently retired.

/TOA
edit on 11-10-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thats messed up. ...They found a "grow room" when they got to the upper level of the house. You can hear him say "ahh, growing in there, did you smell it when we came in?" Also talking about the ventilation system used in the grow op. "well have to get a warrant for that" he said.

So they entered the home for something else but while there they found a grow room for our "beloved plant".

At least he has time to get rid of it before they came back. Also yes, at least they didnt shoot the dogs.
edit on 11-10-2012 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We are getting to the point where truth has become treason.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by becomingaware
Thats messed up. ...They found a "grow room" when they got to the upper level of the house. You can hear him say "ahh, growing in there, did you smell it when we came in?" Also talking about the ventilation system used in the grow op. "well have to get a warrant for that" he said.

So they entered the home for something else but while there they found a grow room for our "beloved plant".

At least he has time to get rid of it before they came back. Also yes, at least they didnt shoot the dogs.
edit on 11-10-2012 by becomingaware because: (no reason given)

Nope,

I think they're safe on that issue as well:

The police found an aquaponics system that was growing tomatoes in an upstairs room of the house and celebrated, thinking that they had found a Marijuana grow operation. Much to their disappointment they were informed that it was obviously tomatoes, since after all, this was a farm house.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Does anyone here think that either a Dem or Rep house/senate/pres is going to alter this sad state of affairs ?

It is blatantly apparent that we the people are only important for our consumerism and we'd better behave ourselves...or else we may get a little less than friendly visit.

How is it easy to tell that what we no longer have a say? I think the clearest example is that we don't even have the right to know what we are eating.

For years and years now, polls have consistently shown that the public favors labeling of GMO's ... more than 90% of the population want it, but practically all our leaders in Washington refuse to acknowledge this truth and will not implement mandatory GMO-labeling at the federal level...even the Chinese have this labeling ... but not us home to the "free market".

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Did you all see the way they presented a warrant to the couple to search the house because they had probable cause?

Neither did anyone else. Every one of those fascists need to be permanently retired.

/TOA
edit on 11-10-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

Its worse than that! They used the pretense of "clearing the house" to search it and THEN they were going to get the Warrant. A warrant to search is meaningless if you get it after the search has already been completed!
This was all about a previous insult or brush with one of these lawdogs and their desire to show this uppity CIVILIAN where his place was. These lawdogs were going to try and seize this couples farm to show them who the boss is.

The upside of this is we now know who these lawdogs are and their names can be added to the lists of traitors and oathbreakers. In the near future they will be called to answer for THEIR crimes.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I could not say it any better. I mean it is in the NAME!!! CONSTITUTIONalist. Holy crap these people are simply morons. And so much of the public wonders why "conspiracy theorists" are saying the government is ramping up their policies and soon will be out to get everyone for the most part. Things like this have to lead somewhere, and that place cannot be good. The increased "security," which comes only through sacrificing personal liberties, is just not worth it in any case.

I mean holy hell, the founders of this country warned us of these same things. Remember what Benjamin Franklin said on this matter, almost like he was speaking directly to us: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety." And the government flags those as dangerous who stand behind these principals. When the government says they want people to act like Americans, they do not really mean what they say.

What they mean is that they want citizens who never question authority in any manner whatsoever, and who give in to all requests from authority figures with no questions asked. Even if authority was not fallible, this still would be a bad thing, but the reality is much worse than that...Authority is wrong all the time, and it happens often that authority being wrong causes some innocent citizens to lose their lives. We read about it all the time, and some witness it firsthand. This type of profiling of citizens cannot stand. How is someone flagged for being a real American in America? For standing by the principals this country was founded on.

Our founders never said to obey the government at all costs. NO. They taught us that one is REQUIRED to throw off oppressive government that has overstepped its bounds. And by their standards, which are the standards this country was founded on, the people should have revolted long ago. So many actions perpetrated by the government are not only wrong, but unConstitutional. Laws that go against the most important document of our country, the one that lists our principals and law of the land, should never be disregarded, by president, government, state troopers, or a county sheriff.

No one should be able to violate these laws without punishment, yet not only does it happen, when we rebel as a populace and say that these injustices will not be tolerated, we are not good Americans pursuing liberty as we were taught by our founders, rather we are classified as dangerous criminals...Someone to be watched with impunity, and have their rights neglected. This is UNAMERICAN, and just plain immoral. It is wrong.

The government is apparently not going to check itself, and as the years wane by it seems to get more and more corrupt. What are we, the people, left to do? We have already disregarded our rights as Americans by neglecting the teachings and doctrine our country was founded upon, and no longer should we put up with these injustices. It should not matter who is in office, or whether you lean towards one political party or the other....

Injustice is injustice, and we have reached the point where it is reigning down from the head of state throughout all of federal government, and it will not change by simply ousting certain politicians. The system would work if it would only be obeyed. Yet unjust laws and bills get passed that take away the rights of the citizenry, among many other horrible injustices perpetrated against us, and we suffer because the Constitution is neglected and disregarded. Those in power choose to use it as leverage when it suits their agendas, and completely forget about it when something they want to do goes against it. We all know this is the case, and none of us should stand for it anymore.

You ask what can we do. There actually is a solution. More than one to put matters bluntly. Our founding fathers advise that citizens in our situation revolt against the government by taking to the streets and staging an armed insurrection. They say that this is justified because the government has not kept its end of the bargain, which it surely has not. But I think this would be detrimental to our purpose. Without literally the majority of the entire population behind such an act, it is sure to fail. What we need to do is as follows...We need not convince anyone of anything. We need only open their eyes to the truth, which is readily available to anyone who chooses not to ignore it. Then, after enough people have awoken to the true situation of this country, then we take to the streets en masse.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Buckle up, kids, this is only the beginning.

Did I say that? I'm sorry for scaring the wittle kiddies on the ATSy, big govie wovie will be here in a few to make all the bad newsy go away.

Sorry. They're gonna get what they want one day. And I'm not expecting it to go down like they plan. There's a lot of good people left around this little place. Minus a few jack-tards on the force.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join