It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much of your power are you giving away?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
-Do you belive that your mind creates your reality?

-Do you belive that positivity attracts such, and negative attracts negativity?

How MUCH of your power are you giving away to the "group" you think that governs the world?- just by (for example) giving credit to every single thing that happens being orchestrated by "them".

Do you think it is positive focusing on all the "wrong" doing in the world/the disasters and the what "supreme perfect evil minds behind world-wide events- do or don't? -
Because doesn't really matter WHO governs the world. Because you will never know for sure.
Simple.

Therefore instead of putting all the responsibility on "unseen forces" why not grow and take respnsibility for the creation of a "better" world- Instead of putting all responsibility on some superior "group".

Truth is, you,me, everyone- allowed this to happened.
Because, "knoweledge" is out there, everyone has the tools at their hands- slavery is illusionary- the mind can free itself and think on the creative solution to help onself and thefore others.
But the known comfort is hard to let go, isnt it?

The majority of people "feel" things aren't the way it should be. Does anyone really satisfied and complete having a robot like- lifestyle- , fullfillin certain expectated roles according to what sex you were born to, working 6-8hs a day, comparing yourself to ridicul televized ideals etc-etc etc. That's not life. That is only a way to live which mainly gives frustration creating anger, depression,caos, stupidity etc.

Someone once said "Everyone is alive, but not many people live".

And this is not new-age talking- no one can be truly be happy as long as one is not aligned with whats NATURAL- humans living in peace with nature -animals and themselves.

I dont belive in "armed" revolutions or stuff like that :rollseye:- its not "destroying" the current system like crazy angry monkeys, but you destroying your OWN robotic way of life,- it's a revolution of the MIND.
And the effect is domino-like.
That is the key-

A very wise soul once said. "be the change you want to see in the world".

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Aha, I'm currently learning about that, I'm on part 7, check out part one, I think you'll like it
Part 7s pretty on topic though.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Easier said then done in a world that constantly bombards an individual with all the negatives you described. It is difficult but not impossible to induce change as you have suggested, but it takes time and experience.

The following comes to mind:

"How many roads must a man/women walk down"

We all have a different number. Some are lucky and catch the express way
, others have to take the bumpy back rounds that are difficult to traverse and seem to lead on forever. Not to worry though, all roads do end, it's up to you where they end up.

Peace
edit on 10-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Stars, Flags and Fireworks, smoke em if you got em,, because you have nailed it on the head.

I am actively working to change how i REACT to the world, and life. You say if very well, when you spoke about those who really LIVE.

Our robotic nature to be of the herd, follow, let others take charge and lead, all contribute to the mess we are facing right now,, or as a friend would correct my speech here,,, 'the Situation we are facing". Even our words we tell ourselves daily affect this outcome.

So here for example, instead of a 'throw your hands up in the air", attitude that labels it a "mess",
think instead Situation.

Our Semantics sometimes are the Real Controlling factor that is overlooked.
We put ourselves in our worldview prisons, with words.

We tell ourselves constantly with inner chatter with words that to Ego are valid.
The words the World uses to sedate us we absorb and utilize. It sedates us to the fact we are manipulating ourselves here most of the time, so no need of Illuminati
because we Auto hypnotize ourselves into positions of helplessness.

I do it every day, like most.
But Unlike Most, I recognize and try to use methods such as NLP to alter my own perceptions into a better modality.

It is Hard work upon the 'self', but No One else will do it,,so we must Alter ourselves instead of allowing others,,,like,, TV, Church, neighbors,friends, gurus, and such to alter and mold you into servents of themselves, either as consumers, believer/followers or what not.

When I got to the end of your piece here, and saw the quote,, one of my favorites,, emblazed everywhere here at home, from the refrigerator to artwork. BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD.

That is the key,,, another is expressed in my quote at the bottom from Marianne Williamson. Read it, and know it as True.

I also believe that it is like in the movie MERLIN where to defeat Mab, they turned their backs and ''forgot' her, ignored her ,, even though they heard her screams at the end, pleading. They Turned their back on what she represented to make her powerless, quit focusing on the noise she made, still pleading, cursing, and all.

Very good question.

Today,, I didn't give any away. It was a good day. Difficult, but I stood my ground.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

How MUCH of your power are you giving away to the "group" you think that governs the world?- just by (for example) giving credit to every single thing that happens being orchestrated by "them".

Every time you sign an official document, you are giving power to whoever sets the terms.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Tell me how much power I have when over one eighth of my annual income goes towards gasoline so that I can get to work? Throw in a mortgage, with a property tax that keeps going up as the value of my house goes down, food for my kids, which seems to go up two percent every two months and what are we left with. I haven't even touched on heating gas, electricity, insurance and all the oother whatnots we need to survive in this "modern world". The working class is being abolished, real slavery is just around the corner. No thanks, I'll jump into the sun first...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It must be a lot that I give away, because so far I seem to using my own power for small things such as posts. Not enough for life changes, it is saddening. I don't need pity though, neither a pat in the back or an "everything's going to be OK" chant from several others.
Then this comes back to me in such a way as to ask the question...
What am I even doing here?
Am I going to slap down another post, "aww the bad guys beat us again but maybe next time..." ? Am i gonna come back here tomorrow and recycle every lame move i've dished out so far?
What stops me or you, from "taking back our power"? Insufficient evidence? Insufficient strength or power? Isn't our suffering sufficient enough? Must others suffer more ?
Must others be aware as I, about what ought to be changed? I come here every now and then, seeing a thread where people get roused by the same old We Need A Revolution topic(or some sort of thread that leads to that type of discussion), then after a few moments everybody disperses.
I expected to see some planning, some strategic organization...we have ideas, we have people who are aware who could possibly start to do something productive to ending the deceit/corruption/ignorance etc.
That's the sad part, I expected others to do it for me.
I hear all these true words left and right corruptions exposed, power to the people etc, but even with my own mind telling it to me, I have done little towards making that change.
Who can say different?

Doesn't matter.

I hope you didn't expect somebody to pop out and say "Aye", because in the end the person who you are still has that unfulfilled job to either (1) make your change or (2) forget about it. By that logic, this post shouldn't matter. The thread shouldn't matter; everything, except your willingness to change, shouldn't matter.
It is easy to see then, how many people end up believing that their life doesn't matter, since they will not change the errors they see. Instead what do they do? They do as we do, we do what we are taught to do and the day seems like it is only a memory even as you get out of bed to start the morning. In that way, your day has become what you believed it would be, because right now you believe you cannot make a change...or don't you? You believe you can make a change?

Prove it. That would be something, not worth posting about, but worth doing.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Learner

I also believe that it is like in the movie MERLIN where to defeat Mab, they turned their backs and ''forgot' her, ignored her ,, even though they heard her screams at the end, pleading. They Turned their back on what she represented to make her powerless, quit focusing on the noise she made, still pleading, cursing, and all.

I would say that the one thing that has certainly changes is the fact that now we can see things on a Grander Scale. Our problem is that THEY realize that we slowly know this. SO it is a race. If YOU want to hurt THEM then Stop feeding them. I leave it to you to find out how YOU are feeding THEM.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In the immortal words of Carl Childers... "I like the way you talk."

I gree with you and have said as much in previous posts when I write... "We make our own reality."

For too many years, I lived in fear of what others would think, what someone else might say, or even of how much money I had and the "priviledge" it carrried.

Not any more.

Yes, I have bills... my life is not always perfect, and on too many days.... sh-t happens. But it was when I turned 40 or so I found out no one would beat me if I didn't make my bed, or wash the dishes, or wash my car, or didn't shave. If i wanted to move to the country, let my hair grow out, wear flip flops in my garden, hook up a stereo in the barn and play classical music for my farm animals... it was cool.

There is a bluegrass song by Larry Sparks... "The last suit you wear wont need any pockets." Basically, all of this "stuff" that so many obsess over is only temporary. It means nothing. Can not take it with you to etermity, the grave, or no where.

Another aspect of your posts is positive brings positive, and negative brings negative. another way of saying good kharma brings good kharma and bad kharma likewise... ye shall reap what ye sow.

That's why I just gave up horror movies, harsh-angry music, even pictures and books... I surrounded myself with love. Yeah, I sound like an old hippie... I suppose I am and belatedly so.

But I have control over my life, my lifestyle, my thoughts, and my decisions. The consumerists, hurt filled, hate filled lifestyle is no more. I do get upset, angry, frustrated... I am human. But I choose not to stay there and move on.

The power I give to others is given freely.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
Stars, Flags and Fireworks, smoke em if you got em,, because you have nailed it on the head.

I am actively working to change how i REACT to the world, and life. You say if very well, when you spoke about those who really LIVE.

Our robotic nature to be of the herd, follow, let others take charge and lead, all contribute to the mess we are facing right now,, or as a friend would correct my speech here,,, 'the Situation we are facing". Even our words we tell ourselves daily affect this outcome.

So here for example, instead of a 'throw your hands up in the air", attitude that labels it a "mess",
think instead Situation.

Our Semantics sometimes are the Real Controlling factor that is overlooked.
We put ourselves in our worldview prisons, with words.

We tell ourselves constantly with inner chatter with words that to Ego are valid.
The words the World uses to sedate us we absorb and utilize. It sedates us to the fact we are manipulating ourselves here most of the time, so no need of Illuminati
because we Auto hypnotize ourselves into positions of helplessness.

I do it every day, like most.
But Unlike Most, I recognize and try to use methods such as NLP to alter my own perceptions into a better modality.

It is Hard work upon the 'self', but No One else will do it,,so we must Alter ourselves instead of allowing others,,,like,, TV, Church, neighbors,friends, gurus, and such to alter and mold you into servents of themselves, either as consumers, believer/followers or what not.

When I got to the end of your piece here, and saw the quote,, one of my favorites,, emblazed everywhere here at home, from the refrigerator to artwork. BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD.

That is the key,,, another is expressed in my quote at the bottom from Marianne Williamson. Read it, and know it as True.

Very good question.

Today,, I didn't give any away. It was a good day. Difficult, but I stood my ground.

Thanks

Heyyyyy YOU !

yes earthcitizen

I love what you said.

We are on the same wavelength.

Keep it up

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Hey you sound happy and at peace with your decisions.
Thxs for sharing

It's about vibrating on that sequence. Feeling good and happy with yourself and your life for real.

Yes. You get what you give. Its simple, the universe is perfect.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl

Don't follow your logic. If they are responsible for carrying something out, then credit is theirs whether you give it to them or not, and even if you do credit them, how does this equal handing them your power.

A very wise soul once said. "be the change you want to see in the world".

I don't really care if there is any change in the world. I'm just here for all the fish.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Just to make something very clear: I wasnt "crying out loud" dirty revolts, I am NOT with that definitely. :dw: Like I said, I think people that like violent revolutions are just angry crazy monkeys that will be corrupted very easy once they reach the same "power" they want to overthrow.

I dont see the point about endless discussion about Illuminate or whatever group you want to say has the control over the world.
Does reading all type of specualtions about secret societes addd anything to my life, to YOUR life?- Not really.
It's only all speculations and negativity being thrown everywhere.

Yeah, maybe it's fun, spending a night talking about what goes on behind the scene on every government. We have all done that. But you will never know the truth- unless, you are one of them.

So, like my original post said- WHY waste time on that, and energy, feeding negativity to the world - when one can change the focus- ON embracing life and doing the best you can with it. Stop with focusin on "others" to see the negative, and focus on YOURSELF to feel the positive and share it.

Because it is all about energy.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wanted to say something else- as some know, English is not my original language and I try MY BEST to express myself with it, but I obviously have some limitations because I am not a master of it.
So yes, I try

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
I dont see the point about endless discussion about Illuminate or whatever group you want to say has the control over the world.
Does reading all type of specualtions about secret societes addd anything to my life, to YOUR life?- Not really.
It's only all speculations and negativity being thrown everywhere.

Yeah, maybe it's fun, spending a night talking about what goes on behind the scene on every government. We have all done that. But you will never know the truth- unless, you are one of them.

So, like my original post said- WHY waste time on that, and energy, feeding negativity to the world - when one can change the focus- ON embracing life and doing the best you can with it. Stop with focusin on "others" to see the negative, and focus on YOURSELF to feel the positive and share it.

Because it is all about energy.

Is it all about energy or is that also speculation?

If it is harmless fun to spend a night talking about then isn't it something positive?

top topics

join