It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother and Friend are Sickened by Romney’s use of Slain SEAL for Political Gain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
PoliticusUSA

The mother of slain Navy SEAL Glen Doherty is not happy to hear Mitt Romney using her dead son for political gain. She told 7News of Boston, “I don’t trust Romney. He shouldn’t make my son’s death part of his political agenda. It’s wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama.”

Glen Doherty was killed in the terrorist attack in Benghazi on 9/11/2012. I'm sure you've all heard Romney's emotional speech about how he met Glen several years ago at a party.

Except that is not how one of Glen Doherty’s close friends of twenty years remembers Doherty’s chance meeting with Romney in an interview with MyNorthwest. According to Doherty’s friend Elf Ellefsen, Romney introduced himself to Doehrty four times during the same party, not remembering that he had already met Glen. Doherty called it “pathetic and comical”. Each time, Romney introduced himself “robotically” as “Mitt Romney, political figure.” Glen believed it to be very “insincere and stale.”

Elf said it made him sick to hear Romney using his friend Glen on the stump. “Whether it be Republican, Democrat, Green Party, Libertarian, it doesn’t make a difference. Because this guy is using our great friend, our humble, and honorable great friend…who is truly larger than life…He has become part of the soapbox routine for politics in a presidential race.”

Update 2:30PM: The Romney campaign aide Kevin Madden told Buzzfeed that they will stop using the Glen Doherty story on the campaign trail, though Romney was allegedly “inspired” by meeting the man he forgot three times in a row.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This, and "form letters" to fallen warriors, makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think that many people either have a hard time accepting or believing that many of today's leaders are disordered.

But, these behaviors are very characteristic of the disordered personality -- psychopaths/sociopaths:
no soul, no substance, no empathy, no compassion, no conscience.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The Grieving Widow Behind Romney's Speech
abcnews.go.com...

This widow had a completely different attitude about Romney talking about her husband:

"Not that he's telling my story, but that he's telling my husband's story, it means the world to me.

"One of the last things my husband said to me before he was killed, when I would ask him, 'Chris, what do you need over there? What can I send you?' he said, 'I need a new president,'" Horton recalled.

Personally, I agree that Romney should have gotten permission first, but Obama didn't bother to clear using "Sesame Street" either.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Maybe she should be more angry at the people responsible. The ones who denied the security detail that would have kept everyone safe. What more can you expect from people in Boston though. I lived there over 30 years, I should know.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
And somebody must have been telling his "private" story in public, how else did Romney find out about it?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
The Grieving Widow Behind Romney's Speech
abcnews.go.com...

This widow had a completely different attitude about Romney talking about her husband:

"Not that he's telling my story, but that he's telling my husband's story, it means the world to me.

"One of the last things my husband said to me before he was killed, when I would ask him, 'Chris, what do you need over there? What can I send you?' he said, 'I need a new president,'" Horton recalled.

Personally, I agree that Romney should have gotten permission first, but Obama didn't bother to clear using "Sesame Street" either.

So much for getting even basic facts straight. since when does Chris Horton = Glen Doherty. It doesn't, they are two completely different people. Maybe you should turn on Sesame Street and work on those critical reading skills. So quick to jump to the defense of Romney any widow will serve your purposes right? There is something so completely utterly wrong with anyone that supports the guy who protested for a war and a draft that he himself refused to participate in. This alone should tell you exactly how Mr. Romney views you and yours. You are a pawn that he views as an acceptable loss, just so long as he and his get to stay home and screw the rest of your family over.

new topics

top topics

join