Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama sends form letter to family of fallen SEAL Team 6 member

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Obama sends form letter to family of fallen SEAL Team 6 member

In fact, an investigation by this TV station in Houston revealed that the president has been sending form letters of condolence to many of our fallen soldiers: Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

A man who lost a son to the war in Afghanistan is disappointed in the condolence letter he received from President Barack Obama. Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

A form letter!

Yeah the Potus has been busy with all that campaigning,golfing,appearances, on the View,Leno etc to sit down and write a letter himself.

Tom Logan said he believes Obama did little more than sign his name to the document. He believes his son deserved more. Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

Yes he did, and Yes his son and all those who have fallen deserve a hell of a lot more.

Form letters are indicative of the "bumps in the road" but hey Obama killed Osama single handedly!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well Neo , this might be one thing we agree on.

War is Hell, so we can not vote Romney.

He will fast track the War in Iran, and there will be more Dead Soldiers.

I can see by your OP, you dont want dead soldiers.

Surely you wouldnt be so Shallow as to make a Thread about how the Family was Informed.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
1. Yes, the fallen deserve more.

2. No, the president does not need to write a letter for every soldier.

War is hell. Stop sending soldiers to their deaths for petty reasons would be a good way to prevent this.

In my opinion, I think a personal phone call would uphold the respect of a fallen family member. Plus tis more efficient to pick up the phone.

If the president, any president, Obama, Romney, or whoever, took a moment to call me or someone in my family and spoke the following words " I am sorry for your lose, he will be remembered" I would be content.

Just my two cents, I am sure many would much rather something more.
edit on 10-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is not the first time an issue like this has come up. A couple months ago, parents of a Navy Seal accused Obama of using auto-pen to sign his name on the letters. That flopped hard even though Fox pushed it.

I understand their grief, but why do they have to make a big deal out of something that is common practice for presidents? Yes, they use a form letter, but they sign it personally.

ETA: I have had many family members serve in the Armed Forces, two of them killed in the line of duty. The last thing i would want is a piece of paper from Obama saying he was sorry.

He's not sorry! Him and Bush sent people off to die for no reason.
edit on 10-10-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
70% of U.S. Military Fatalities in 11-Year Afghan War Have Occurred on Obama's Watch/b]

(CNSNews.com) - Of the 1,912 U.S. military personnel who have died in the now nearly 11-year-long war in Afghanistan, 1,343 have died since President Barack Obama was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009.

cnsnews.com...

Just pay no attention who surged the Afghanistan troops, who sent seal team 6 to Pakistan, and who has sent troops to Jordan,Libya,Uganda and who has been making people die in Somalia,Yemen,

You know the current dude who has sent people off to die.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, is this really about the troops, their families and how the US honors them?

How dare you use the death of our troops to make some half-assed political poke at Obama, or any other president!

You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to look like you truly care, only to turn it around into a Left vs Right pissing match!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

You know the current dude who has sent people off to die.

Im a little confused.

Are you FOR soldiers Dieing , but want a Personal Letter to the Families.

Because the GOP guy wants more dead soldiers, maybe you can send him a Fountain Pen with Monogram Paper, you know, To Make It All Better.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

He's not sorry! Him and Bush sent people off to die for no reason.

Yeah it was about the troops until someone said that then went back and edited it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My edit is there for all to see and doesn't change anything.

All of these elitist nutsacks are to blame for the deaths of the troops, but you try to insinuate that Obama is worse because of the number of people that dies under his watch!

There's a big difference in my statement and yours.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by neo96

My edit is there for all to see and doesn't change anything.

All of these elitist nutsacks are to blame for the deaths of the troops, but you try to insinuate that Obama is worse because of the number of people that dies under his watch!

There's a big difference in my statement and yours.

The difference was the initial post which blamed bush then went back and edited with the addition of him.

The difference between the two one didn't send form letters the other does.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I did not blame Bush, then go back to edit and include Obama!

I took nothing away, only added everything after ETA. So I think you need to clarify what you are saying before I have to pull out the liar card.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I received a "form" letter from Clinton when my dad died. I would be willing to bet every president does the same thing.

There are many reasons to despise Obama and Romney, this is the least of them. It's just not that big a deal in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I received a "form" letter from Clinton when my dad died. I would be willing to bet every president does the same thing.

There are many reasons to despise Obama and Romney, this is the least of them. It's just not that big a deal in my opinion.
You're right, watchit. When my dad died in '06, we received a form letter from Bush. And another thing, there was a thread a few months ago about this. The search engine can come in pretty handy.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nothing unusual about this. My Uncle died in Viet Nam and our family received a form letter from them President Johnson.
I am not an Obama supporter, but I still do not understand this issue you are trying to make with this.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
When my daughter was about 10 years old she wrote a letter to Laura Bush. She wrote about her dog Daisy and that she wanted to be a librarian when she grew up. My daughter got a letter back from Laura Bush (I'm sure it was her secretary), on White House stationary, congratulating my daughter on doing well in school and telling her that being a librarian would be a wonderful thing. And there was a P.S. on the letter ... it was that the first dog - BARNEY - said 'woof' to our dog Daisy.

It was definately not a form letter. And even though I knew it was probably written by the secretary and just signed by Laura Bush, I was impressed that the First Lady's office took the time to write something so involved to a 10 year old girl.

(side note - our daughter changed her mind and instead of being a librarian, she is now accepted to college to study a double major of chemical engineering/chemistry)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Fake Osom-ah's death then kill of seal team 6. The faking to make it look like you got the bad guy. The killing to cover it up. All in the name of trying to get reelected.

What is that actually???

Well.....

Just a typical day in washington what else.

edit on 11-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is low even for you neo.
Soldiers are dying and families; mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, spouses, and children go through something none of them deserved and you use it as yet another opportunity to bash someone you disagree with.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

REMINDER~~

ATS insists on courteous debate.
In order to maintain a civil atmosphere bickering and name-calling must cease. Discuss the topic and not each other.
Failure do abide by this will result in post removals and warnings.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Neo-

I usually agree with you but I think this issue here is a non-one.

I served 24 years - I lost men in my Command ad wrote all my letters personally; however, I didn't Command the whole military. A form letter from the POTUS, let's hope it was at least really signed not auto-penned or stamped is about what one should expect unless the guy was getting like the Medal of Honor or something. Lot of servicemen die in conflict - it’s always tragic for the family and the immediate command but hardly a consequence in the big scheme of things at the National level.

If we set the precedent the POTUS should pen a personal letter to every fallen Soldier we are in real trouble should we ever have another World War. He'd have time for nothing else.

I am sure that his family got a personal letter from the first Flag Officer in the Chain of Command that was likely at least edited by the Admiral and personally signed.

However, even that is mostly a meaningless gesture as they write as if they all knew the individual but likely couldn't pick him out of 10 people lined up in photos.

I am sure his immediate Commander and Senior NCO personally visited the family and that means something -he knew him and cared about him. He felt the loss almost as much as they did. Unless he is an asshole anyway. I know I cried and beat myself up with what if's when I lost anyone under my Command. This thankfully was only twice.

I could care less about a letter from someone so far removed in the Chain of Command.

That is just my personal opinion. Death is tragic but predictable outcome for all servicemen - a personal letter from the POTUS is not warranted unless the person died doing something heroic or of significance.

Like I said to the family it’s always tragic and every mission is of significance to the individual and the unit but hardly significant at the National Command level.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
HOWZAT

Double Post
edit on 11/10/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join