It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Record on a Quick Reference Sheet for Conservatives.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, I chose my forum carefully and hope this is the best fit for this. I was off researching for another story and another set of data when I stumbled across this. I've spent time backtracking a number of links supporting lines of claims, as almost every line has a linked source for the information. So far, I've yet to find a source which measurably differs from the claim stated.

Of course, as always, be sure to fact check and verify everything before using anywhere. The only thing worse than making a bad political debate is to get heavily committed and see it shown the data being used is veritably false.

Obama Fact Sheet

Quick Reference Flyer

Now, it's real important to note here that the site is absolutely no lover of the Right or Bush. It's not about that as far as I can determine. It's presenting the facts, as they sit and that works for me. I know some will rush in to say it's all wrong and lies....but those facts I link to are cited and sourced. Almost every individual one. If something on there is veritably false, I sure want to know! ...though it'll take an example of the correct facts to figure the ones displayed here are wrong, IMO

There seems to be a near non-stop rumble of accusations, wild claims, unsupported declarations of "fact" and just people's personal hates and biases being presented as actual fact. I present this here in hope that at least for some areas, with one of men, the facts vs. the empty hyperbole both Attacking AND Defending become a little clearer for all.

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not very objective. I wont vote for either candidate but your list is obviously leaning far to the right. Why not give him credit for the good things he's done? A true american makes a balanced decision based on ALL the data.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here's an even quicker sheet.

Him Democrat

Him bad for country

Interesting link but not that many Republicans will get it though. Too many words that have more than two syllables.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Another childish post. Why dont you people seriously consider the record of BOTH candidates? I see you post all the time with the tone "your guy sucks, mines better".

Both candidates have good and bad qualities. I read this post because I wrongfully assumed somebody made an honest list of the good vs the bad. That would have been refreshing. Instead, this thread like so many others will devolve into party politics instead of a true evaluation.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

To be clear, my position is that both candidates will continue the trend of reducing our rights and bombing innocents around the world. That enough to turn me away.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The problem I see is that much of that document contains phrases like "continued Bush policy on..." or "failed to reverse Bush policy on..."

And it's absolutely true - not a line by line verification, mind you - but the spirit. I hoped Obama would reverse Bush era policies that eroded and undermined our rights, like Extraordinary Rendition, cyber surveillance, the Patriot Acts, the Military Commission Act, etc.

Not only did he not reverse them. He continued them or made them worse.

But Romney is not going to reverse any of it either. Neither will. Whichever is elected will continue to sink Federal teeth into our freedoms.

The only difference I can see is that one wants to do it with a bit of social awareness, from the POV of a community organizer - and the other wants to do it from the POV of a corporate raider.

Either way? We're screwed.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Your title is a bit dishonest, don't you think?

It should read something like, "All the negative things we can find on Obama Quick Reference Sheet".

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

To be clear, my position is that both candidates will continue the trend of reducing our rights and bombing innocents around the world. That enough to turn me away.

For the record, I won't argue that point one bit. I believe Romney is marginally better...but ONLY "better" in terms of running on a different personal agenda than Obama, so it MIGHT take him longer to get where Obama is leading us anyway. The U.S. is also, above ALL else and beyond ALL Politics, on the verge of a financial collapse. A total and unmitigated collapse. Obama doesn't know crap about high level finance and business. Romney has lived it his whole life. Who do I want running things DURING a financial collapse/catastrophe?

Well... All I can say is, Romney is lucky by virtue of timing in that one respect. He wins...if only by a hair of disgust levels. Now...I'll work the next 4 years as hard as I'm able for all 4 years to throw Romney OUT too....being the better of the BAD options still makes him a BAD choice, right? lol

Personally, I would LOVE to see a quick fact sheet laid out just as easily as that one for Romney. I'm rather surprised they didn't have one, actually. If you click the bottom link to 'see other fact sheets' and go to their main page, they seem as Anti-War in ALL ways and as hard anti-establishment as anything I've seen lately.

It was a little surprising then to find that home page and obvious personal beliefs of the site owners. Obviously, when they say Anti-War they MEAN Anti-War and don't give any concern whatever for who it is in political terms. Good for them on that point, I'd say.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

They are both liars and or deceptive in the claimsthey make to voters. I want a leader who is honest. Tall order I know but it is my vote.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Your title is a bit dishonest, don't you think?

It should read something like, "All the negative things we can find on Obama Quick Reference Sheet".

I think my title was 100% accurate and honest, thanks anyway.

What on Earth would a Conservative want a quick reference sheet relating to Obama FOR just 4 weeks or so before the election? It sure wouldn't be hunting for a positive one in any way. So...A conservative looking for a fact sheet on Obama will likely find precisely what they expect to find given the title, IMO.

...and a Dem is more than welcome to add to the hundreds of die hard anti-Repub threads hitting several times a day, 24/7 lately to give a cheat sheet on Romney. As my last note mentions...I'd actually like seeing one.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Him Democrat

Him bad for country

Interesting link but not that many Republicans will get it though. Too many words that have more than two syllables.

Him Republican

Him bad for my free government check.

Not many Democrats will get it though. To many words that have lead up to a 16 trillion dollar debt.

Maybe we should get the count from sesame street to teach them how to count.

1 trillion dollars 2 trillion dollars, 3 trillion dollars.................

My quick reference politics.
edit on 10-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

What on Earth would a Conservative want a quick reference sheet relating to Obama FOR just 4 weeks or so before the election? It sure wouldn't be hunting for a positive one in any way. So...A conservative looking for a fact sheet on Obama will likely find precisely what they expect to find given the title, IMO.

So you are just fully admitting that you are trying to push partisan BS propaganda.

Nice.

Don't worry about being intellectually honest or anything, just go ahead and outright lie.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Intellectual dishonesty. and spreading partisan BS is attacking the op instead of trying to disprove the article he linked for discussion,

Trying to shoot the messenger does not disprove the message.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

That was a huge amount of information to double check. Thank you for your time and thank you for sharing.

sad eyed lady

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Him Democrat

Him bad for country

Funny. I can almost guarantee my IQ is higher than yours. Unlike you I don't think it matters. I love how liberals have this superiority about them. Somehow not wanting my government to be able to lock up my family indefinitely without reason makes me an inbecile. I think you wanting the guy who personally wants that ability to remain in office makes you an imbecile. One of us is right.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

So you are just fully admitting that you are trying to push partisan BS propaganda.

Nice.

Don't worry about being intellectually honest or anything, just go ahead and outright lie.

So please list everything on the sheet that is inaccurate. Thanks. I do not expect to hear back from you on that.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Nice.

Excuse me, on my own thread, I can build it to anything within T&C and this is nowhere remotely close to the edge of that. I have NEVER claimed to be apolitical and in fact said on numerous occasions, I'm one of the more political people you're likely to ever meet.

Partisan? Nope... Not really...and I didn't even realize myself how true that was until this week with a McCaskil push poller calling...when I realized...I'm actually going to vote for her because Akin is that big an imbecile. That takes a lot for me, given how much I've looked forward to voting against her for her whole term. She's about as Democratic as Hillary Clinton too...but there it is. I'm forced to live what I say and I'll be voting a split ticket this year after all.

Now... On THIS thread, a conservative within 4 weeks of this election, is likely going to be in debates. I AM conservative and make absolutely NO bones about that fact. Never have... Never will. That isn't Republican (though I'm officially reg'ed that way for voting purposes) it's conservative. So, I found this and stuck it up for others, like me, who are constantly hunting down those little tidbits of info on a President whose EARNED his walking papers and then some.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It always fascinates me to see liberals defend Obama to the detriment of their own principles. The same was true with Bush supporters.

I think people often forget that conservatives and liberals actually share many common goals- life, liberty, and prosperity. And even beyond those, there are certainly many others. But where they obviously differ is with regard to the means of achieving them.

So why is it that many on both sides blindly defend the political bad actors who actually work contrary to their primary interests?

It's replies to threads like this one that remind me how delusional so many people have become. Rather than address the substance of the issues, they attack the messengers who seek to illuminate the discrepancies.

America is broken because the electorate is broken. It's as simple as that.

Most seem incapable of escaping their political immaturity. If you don't have a D or R behind your name you MUST be evil and treated accordingly.

It's distressing to witness, and I remain convinced that nothing will improve in this country until we improve at least that.

I, for one, am glad that you posted this resource. Obama supporters should try to objectively analyze the list and determine for themselves the merit of the claims. Conservatives should do the same.

For a website who's motto is to deny ignorance, there sure are a lot of members who enjoy peddling it.

Food for thought, people.

edit on 11-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join