It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorow 11-oct-2012 sirens of war will sound in Athens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Well, considering they spent much of the bailout money on weapons and tanks (which was bought from Germany of course) it should switch on a warning light. They perhaps cannot afford much to help their struggling citizens, but maybe they are afraid that countries like turkey will take advantage of their bad situation.

Quite a normal fascist road Greece have taken imo
edit on 11-10-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
well here in the US we run our tv emergency tests weekly, and our air siren tests the first wed of every month.

it would actually be a great time to attack the US lol. everyone just ignores it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman
well here in the US we run our tv emergency tests weekly, and our air siren tests the first wed of every month.

it would actually be a great time to attack the US lol. everyone just ignores it.

Exactly, we have the air siren every first Monday of the month, what a big surprise it would be attack just then..
I believe Greece spends about 7% of their gdp to defense, way above nato`s 3% minimum standard. And to think that we have to cut our budget resulting in zero tanks we have left, but the German and French industry is doing well with the money we send..It is crazy to think they have to invest in defense because they feel threatened by a NATO neighbor..
Being in NATO is usually the excuse for them who wants to cut the defense budget, being under that safe (nuclear)umbrella..While imo, being in NATO also brings obligations.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Where I live (in Prague, Czech Republic), we also test our emergency sirens on the first Wednesday of every month, starting precisely at noon. The only people who are at all concerned when the things go off are tourists. The locals don't even look up from their cups of coffee.

And yes, I've long had the same thought as you: if anyone ever wanted to launch an attack against us then that would be the time. True, we do have several different ways the sirens can be used to signify real emergencies, such as shorter blasts on them and so on, but they never do that in tests -- and I mean never. I've been here over 19 years and not once have they tested the "alternative" sounds on the sirens. They just run them all up to maximum, let them howl for exactly two minutes, then shut them all down again. And there's never be a real, major emergency that required the sirens so the only time we hear them is on the first Wednesday of each month -- at noon.

In other words, our public emergency warning sirens are pretty useless and just a hangover from the Cold War. If they ever really need to use them the vast majority of the public will either ignore them or be utterly clueless about what they're supposed to do. But at least the emergency services will react.

Well, hopefully!
I wouldn't be surprised if various emergency centers began calling each other to find out what the heck is going on... And by the time they work out it's for real -- too late.

Getting back to Athens, I suspect they are concerned about both the internal problems in the country and the growing threat of war spreading in the general region. I doesn't have to mean that a false flag op is in the works.

All the same, aware people should be wary, because frankly we can never be sure what might be in the works. The fact that they have chosen to test their emergency warning system now is not insignificant.

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/10/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that if they are suddenly testing sirens there is a reason for it.

Could it be a precaution? Sure it can.

Could they know something or expect something in the future? More than likely yes, but that is just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Where I live (in Prague, Czech Republic), we also test our emergency sirens on the first Wednesday of every month, starting precisely at noon. The only people who are at all concerned when the things go off are tourists. The locals don't even look up from their cups of coffee.

And yes, I've long had the same thought as you: if anyone ever wanted to launch an attack against us then that would be the time. True, we do have several different ways the sirens can be used to signify real emergencies, such as shorter blasts on them and so on, but they never do that in tests -- and I mean never. I've been here over 19 years and not once have they tested the "alternative" sounds on the sirens. They just run them all up to maximum, let them howl for exactly two minutes, then shut them all down again. And there's never be a real, major emergency that required the sirens so the only time we hear them is on the first Wednesday of each month -- at noon.

In other words, our public emergency warning sirens are pretty useless and just a hangover from the Cold War. If they ever really need to use them the vast majority of the public will either ignore them or be utterly clueless about what they're supposed to do. But at least the emergency services will react.

Well, hopefully!
I wouldn't be surprised if various emergency centers began calling each other to find out what the heck is going on... And by the time they work out it's for real -- too late.

Getting back to Athens, I suspect they are concerned about both the internal problems in the country and the growing threat of war spreading in the general region. I doesn't have to mean that a false flag op is in the works.

All the same, aware people should be wary, because frankly we can never be sure what might be in the works. The fact that they have chosen to test their emergency warning system now is not insignificant.

Mike

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/10/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

We have this small town nearby where they've placed the air sirens on the roof of a retirement home, how subtle, I've heard from an employee that some people there relive their WW2 memories once the sirens start screaming..
Back to Greece, i think civil unrest(war), martial law or even a coup d'etat is more likely than a war with Turkey or other ME countries..

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Turkey attack Greece? It wouldn't be allowed, their both EU and NATO members, it doesn't make sense at all.

Greece is in EU, Turkey is not. However they're both in NATO which makes it impossible for the two countries to go to war with each other. Despite the little clashes here and there, disputes over some islands, especially the situation over Cyprus, two countries aren't fighting each other. And I wish not because Turkey has a scary military power. Greece knows that to well. Don't foul yourself with the rhetorical comment on a bulletin board. Reality is different and wars cannot be won by claiming my daddy is stronger than yours. Needless to say though, the whole area is in a big mess (the rest of the world too for that matter) and I think (surely voicing other's opinion and feeling too) that the SHTF is unavoidable. Embrace yourself. The soon to come future is about to hit us with a full force.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

a war is never between the two.. you know that... and Turkey has far more enemies than Greece... not to mention that Greeks in WW2 held the nazis more than all the european countries combined together... never rule out the Greeks. I am not a "patriot" in the stupid way but also I know my people. We may not be the type of people that work together well in order to make our country good in peace times and the reason is cause we are people who work well during conflict. It's been shown many times in our history... from persian empire trying to pass through us till ww2.

but as i said it wouldnt be eitherway a Greece Turkey war in the first place. many would enter for take advantage of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
so - what happened ?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye
reply to post by Krono

Well, considering they spent much of the bailout money on weapons and tanks (which was bought from Germany of course) it should switch on a warning light.[...]
edit on 11-10-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

As far as I know, they didn't have much choice wether they wanted to buy these tanks or not, it was one of the requirements to get the bailout in the first place. Nice extortion there, huh?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
According to the news for some reason the sirens of an airstrike will sound as a test drill tomorow 11/10/2012...

Now call me crazy in my 31 years i live in athens not ONCE has this happened before.
Putting in pieces the situation with our neighbour country Turkey and Syria... plus Greece being in NATO... it only makes me feel something deeper is going on here.

Just wanted to share these news with the rest here and I guess we can only speculate if and when the # hits the fan.

Sirens drill athens

you can translate the article with Google translate although it will suck.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Alda1981 because: typo

You Greeks should get up, stop being lazy and start revolting!
What are November 17 doing nowadays..?

edit on 11-10-2012 by sweetooth because: i am dyselxic

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There is another occasion tomorrow

Birth of Jesus and Ibrahim

I am closely watching this.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

i love your avatar btw! definately the best one on ats at the moment.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong I love Greece ( lived there for a while) but isn't it primarily a forced army and pretty much Monday to Friday? And most of the soldiers preform tourist police duties don't they? However, aren't the civilians on the Turkish border armed by the government with rifles and limited ammo.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Donice

Hey

Yea, Just read that the Dutch were sneaking out of Greece, were told to getall the money and come home, they were done.

I don't know if they know something is up also, but they are pulling all their people and what ever money is left.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetooth

thanks a lot bud!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Unfortunately, both the Bible and Nostradamus talk about a final world war starting with war between Greece, Turkey, and Syria.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Luckily Nostradamus was a Charlatan and the Bible is nothing more than a Bedtime Story book.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Red Cloak

Luckily Nostradamus was a Charlatan and the Bible is nothing more than a Bedtime Story book.

Perhaps. But the Masons use it as a guideline and do everything to copy what is written in it. Thus making it come true. So it can be total nonsense, but the powers that be use it as their blueprint.

So regardless of how much it is made up, it is what they intend to happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
Unfortunately, both the Bible and Nostradamus talk about a final world war starting with war between Greece, Turkey, and Syria.

What verses, please? I've been following the prophecy timeline for awhile now. I know we're at the Isaiah, chapter 17, verse 1 "Damascus" prophecy right now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join