It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorow 11-oct-2012 sirens of war will sound in Athens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
According to the news for some reason the sirens of an airstrike will sound as a test drill tomorow 11/10/2012...

Now call me crazy in my 31 years i live in athens not ONCE has this happened before.
Putting in pieces the situation with our neighbour country Turkey and Syria... plus Greece being in NATO... it only makes me feel something deeper is going on here.

Just wanted to share these news with the rest here and I guess we can only speculate if and when the # hits the fan.

Sirens drill athens

you can translate the article with Google translate although it will suck.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Alda1981 because: typo

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Greece are in NATO? Really?

Honestly never knew that! I hope for the sake of you and your fellow Greeks that this is nothing but a training exercise.

Your country is in a massive mess and is currently being held by the balls from Merkel and can't afford (literally) a war!

I don't think anything will happen cause Turkey and Greece (apparently) are both in NATO, it wouldn't be good for either of them.

Best of luck!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i actually have a question this is something that worries me.

I was watching a show on dutch television a few weeks back and it was a report on the budget of greece,
the program stated that their is still alot of spending being done on the millitairy, that the goverment wanted to cut it.
but where not allowed to do this by the troika (European Commission (EC), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), and the European Central Bank (ECB)).

do you know if there is any truth to this claim if so, i think we just might have found a reason as to why that might be so. and if so it only shows this whole thing is one big massive setup.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Donice

Sorry I've lost you. What's set up?

Syria killing it's own people or Greece being in major #?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Turkey attack Greece? It wouldn't be allowed, their both EU and NATO members, it doesn't make sense at all.

I see a civil war happening before any kind of war with another country, maybe we're looking at something along them lines? Maybe the military are about to take some kind of action on it's own civilians? The European Union would not allow a war with another country, unless of course the invading country was going to pay their unpayable debts off first. . . .

Anyhow, thanks for sharing.
edit on 10-10-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Turkey attack Greece? It wouldn't be allowed, their both EU and NATO members, it doesn't make sense at all.

I see a civil war happening before any kind of war with another country, maybe we're looking at something along them lines?

Thanks for sharing.

I don't think the Greeks have the heart (couldn't think of a better word) to attack fellow countrymen. (Yes I mean attacking and killing soldiers and yes, I'm fully aware of the riots).

I didn't mean to make that sound as harsh as it may look, if it does look harsh then I apolagize to all of the Greeks on this board.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Greece has at the moment 110.000 ready troops at any moment. the amount spent for military stuff is outrageous considering we are 11 million people. The reason would be Turkey i guess and their never ending crossing of our border illegaly with frigates and F-16s on daily bases.
To make you see the amount of army we have, Germany with 82 million population has 115.000 ready troops.
Greece has been in this situation forever. And of course we cant cut our army cause how will Germany France and USA will sell their weapons to us?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
Greece has at the moment 110.000 ready troops at any moment. the amount spent for military stuff is outrageous considering we are 11 million people. The reason would be Turkey i guess and their never ending crossing of our border illegaly with frigates and F-16s on daily bases.
To make you see the amount of army we have, Germany with 82 million population has 115.000 ready troops.
Greece has been in this situation forever. And of course we cant cut our army cause how will Germany France and USA will sell their weapons to us?

According to Wikipedia, yes Wikipedia as in the site which anyone can edit, your country's armed forces (Hellenic Armed Forces I believe) has 177,00 military personel.

Bigger than ours! (Britain) and we're constantly at war!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

hmm mine was from wolfram alpha but in both cases the situation is that... thats too much army i mean...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

sorry got lost in my own though train there a bit. The show indicated that a still a lot of money could be taken from the militairy cause of the reforms, am not sure on numbers anymore. However the Troika didnt allow this to happen if this is true. with everything going on between Turkey and Syria and Turkey and Greece both being in NATO.
It would make sence to me that they might want to neighbouring NATO countries to have a force to defend from or attack Syria.
So if there is any truth to it that could indicate that they know of any strikes on Syria on forehand and just had to save the greece millitairy from budget cuts.

hope this explains it a bit better

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well definitely something to take note of considering in our recent modern history, a lot of "Terror" attacks have occurred on "Test Drill" days.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donice
reply to post by Krono

sorry got lost in my own though train there a bit. The show indicated that a still a lot of money could be taken from the militairy cause of the reforms, am not sure on numbers anymore. However the Troika didnt allow this to happen if this is true. with everything going on between Turkey and Syria and Turkey and Greece both being in NATO.
It would make sence to me that they might want to neighbouring NATO countries to have a force to defend from or attack Syria.
So if there is any truth to it that could indicate that they know of any strikes on Syria on forehand and just had to save the greece millitairy from budget cuts.

hope this explains it a bit better

Ah, I think I've understood you.

I believe you are suggesting that the Troika or NATO asked Greece not to cut their military, but instead keep upgrading it incase they are asked to join a NATO Task Force against Syria?

If you are, then I can bet my bottom dollar (Pound; Euro bla bla) on you being right. As you may know, NATO called for an emergency meeting the other night and I'd put my house on it (if I owned one) that they've told all NATO members to be on red alert.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Well definitely something to take note of considering in our recent modern history, a lot of "Terror" attacks have occurred on "Test Drill" days.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you are insinuating that a potentiol false flag attack is about to happen.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

That is exactly what i meant.
And didnt know their was a meeting yesterday, as mentioned above by Sovaka wouldn`t be the first that something happend on a day there was some sort of training or drill going on.

Definitly keeping tabs on this one
Be save
edit on 10-10-2012 by Donice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you people cannot recognize the psywar conditioning going on, how will you deny ignorance?
Turkry WILL attack Syria, its already happening.....really......
The war between the two is about to get into gear....
Assad could p[ossibly stop it or even avert it altogether by stepping down.
If that doesnt happen Turkey and Syria will be at war within thirty days....
The tempo if the propaganda is reaching a climax, and the peak of the hational interests is never a long one....
There are desperate people , well armed and determoined to engage the middle east in a conflagration....they come fom the republican guards, the muslim brothers, the CIA, Mi6,And a host of countries like quatar, saudi arabia, UAE,britain, France and others....
Turkey is the pawn......

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you people cannot recognize the psywar conditioning going on, how will you deny ignorance?
Turkry WILL attack Syria, its already happening.....really......
The war between the two is about to get into gear....
Assad could p[ossibly stop it or even avert it altogether by stepping down.
If that doesnt happen Turkey and Syria will be at war within thirty days....
The tempo if the propaganda is reaching a climax, and the peak of the hational interests is never a long one....
There are desperate people , well armed and determoined to engage the middle east in a conflagration....they come fom the republican guards, the muslim brothers, the CIA, Mi6,And a host of countries like quatar, saudi arabia, UAE,britain, France and others....
Turkey is the pawn......

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
reply to post by Krono

hmm mine was from wolfram alpha but in both cases the situation is that... thats too much army i mean...

Can't believe what I'm hearing from my Greek fellowman! "Too much army..." Are you forgetting where we come from? This coming from an Athenian mouth! There is no such thing as too much army. It's how you use it that matters. Don't make it a 100.000. Make it a million ready for anyone that wants to test it.

If you tell me the bigger the better. We Greeks have gotten too soft for our own good. We need to remember what we used to be.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
ahhhh, Greeks and turks. Your relations are truly historic!!!!!!!! On a epic scale

You have drills? At least you dont have a mock nuke testing...
Mock nuke test in detroit

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donice
reply to post by Krono

That is exactly what i meant.
And didnt know their was a meeting yesterday, as mentioned above by Sovaka wouldn`t be the first that something happend on a day there was some sort of training or drill going on.

Definitly keeping tabs on this one
Be save
edit on 10-10-2012 by Donice because: (no reason given)

This is a bit of a leap to be suspicious of something just because of a drill. There are hundreds of thousands of drills all over the world every year, from military exercises to emergency response tests in major cities all over the planet. If we compared the number of drills to the number of terrorist incidents on those same days in the same locations the truth of this fallacy would be exposed as being as ridiculous as it is.

Every time there's a drill announced for somewhere in the US, Alex Jones and about a thousand ATS users jump all over it, then nothing happens and they look foolish.

I'll admit that there have been cases where it seems far too coincidental (the London bombings is a majorly suspicious event coinciding with a drill and I firmly believe that all those involved in that drill should have been rounded up, arrested and detained immediately) but through basic mathematics we know that this drill becoming an attack are so miniscule it's nothing but fear mongering.

I would suspect that this drill is probably connected to an internal decision to be prepared for a national emergency, given what's happening in the region. There are a lot of things in place within governments that are almost automatic. I can imagine that there might be a document somewhere legally requiring the Greek military to test their alert systems when the threat of a regional war is looming.

Turkey declaring that they are able to cross the border in a military move into Syria could be a very good reason for a neighboring nation to ensure their alert systems are ready.

If France was on the verge of war you can guarantee the UK would be on alert and testing our defenses.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Greece is such an amazing country with great history. I hope the best for you guys in this tribulation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join