It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October surprise: US and Israel prepare to strike Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well looks like it just got turned up!

The United States and Israel are already involved in discussions over how they could soon conduct a joint surgical strike on Iranian nuclear facilities, a source close to the talks tells Foreign Policy magazine. After months of urging from Israeli authorities for the US to intervene in a rumored Iranian plan to procure a nuke, a source speaking on condition of anonymity tells Foreign Policy’s David Rothkopf that the two allies have come close to signing off on an attack against Iran. Although no plan of action has been set in stone yet, the source says the attack will likely be from the sky and consist of drone strikes and bomber jets for only “a couple of hours” at best but would not require more than “a day or two” of action. But while the US has not officially signed onto the strike, the source reports, American involvement would be absolutely necessary in order to effectively take out the structures where Iranian scientists are assumed to be attempting to procure a nuclear warhead.

“To get to buried Iranian facilities, such as the enrichment plant at Fordow, would require bunker-busting munitions on a scale that no Israeli plane is capable of delivering,” Rothkopf writes in the article, published Monday, October 8. “The mission, therefore, must involve the United States, whether acting alone or in concert with the Israelis and others.” Israel has long attested that Iranian officials are enriching nuclear materials to be used with volatile warheads, despite longstanding claims from Iran that any program they are operating exists for peaceful purposes only. Hostilities between Israel and their neighboring foe have only worsened as of late, prompting Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to insist that America draw “red lines before Iran,” and demand that the US offer them an ultimatum before time runs out. Last month US President Barack Obama dismissed Israel’s warnings against an escalating nuclear threat, though, saying he understand their concerns over what damage Iran could do with a nuclear weapon, but that he would continue to “block out any noise” from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as he insists on American intervention.

Speaking before the United Nations General Assembly only days later, though, President Obama appeared to be more willing to act if Iran is proven to be procuring a weapon of mass destruction, vowing, “the United States will do what we must to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon,” and said that any attempts by Iran to procure a nuclear warhead would “threaten the elimination of Israel, the security of Gulf nations, and the stability of the global economy” and is “not a challenge that can be contained.” Now following a report RT published last week concerning classified footage of Iranian facilities believed to be handed over to American intelligence from a defected member of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad entourage, the US may finally be ready to give in to Israeli pressure and strike Iran. If the rumored plan of attack is put into action, the source says, the strike is expected to set back the nation’s nuclear program “many years,” and doing so without civilian casualties. The end result, however, could be one immensely beneficial to America, specifically its holdings in the Middle East where the country has long expressed a vested interested. Should US provide power to strike Iran, the source says, the attack would have a long-term effect in the region, but particularly on America’s investments there.

The strike, says the source, would be “transformative,” – "saving Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, reanimating the peace process, securing the (Persian) Gulf, sending an unequivocal message to Russia and China, and assuring American ascendancy in the region for a decade to come." Should Israel strike Iran without the direct aid of the US, however, America would not necessarily be in the clear. Although President Obama has advocated for a peaceful resolution to Israeli/Iranian disputes, Iran’s officials have suggested that they have no problem with striking the US if their allies make the first move. Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard told reporters last month that his country “will definitely be at war with American bases should a war break out,” explaining that "There will be no neutral country in the region," and, "To us, these bases are equal to US soil."

Source......

Something is brewing what do the ATS make of it?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Elections in US in November, elections in Israel in January and strike in October? It will certainly surprise me, so it has the element of surprise.
Well, 19 days to go.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phatdamage
Well looks like it just got turned up!

Although no plan of action has been set in stone yet, the source says the attack will likely be from the sky and consist of drone strikes and bomber jets for only “a couple of hours” at best but would not require more than “a day or two” of action.

I love how they think that they can walk into Iran, expect no retaliation and simply walk home without Iran firing a shot and the world will be a safer place

edit on 10-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Nothing at all will happen. Not much else to say.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

Nobody can strike them now without causing a fukishima...they lost their window a year or two ago...attacking the plants would cause complete destruction via leaked radiation to everyone that borders them and then some...we had the reactor from Japan fall to crap and look how much radiation leaked over to us and it's still not contained..we will not strike the nuclear plants as it's much too late....the Israels have officially lost their window just as we have in North Korea...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Nothing at all will happen. Not much else to say.

Lots has happened already, where have you been?

Stuxnet, cyberattacks, nuclear scientist killing... etc

link   
Nothing will happen. Threats of foreign wars will continue while the domestic war for liberty remains unexposed.

link   
Always "a source speaking on condition of anonymity" or "reliable sources" or "unnamed sources"

Just once a "Insert name here" type of "source" would be nice.

As for the content...It doesn't matter if Iran has nukes or not, and many believe they don't, the US is itching to go in.

And "the strike is expected to set back the nation’s nuclear program “many years,” and doing so without civilian casualties."

Without civilian casualties? Since when?

The strong message to Russia and China as quoted? What message?

Peace

edit on 10-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

they cannot strike this even if they hacked the crap out of it....they are too far ahead now with the program...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't understand,,why Iran should construct nukes himself, I suppose black market has a lot of uranium in giro, and maybe missiles too. Does everyone here consider as impossible my assumption that Iran may buy the nuke or the enriched uranium from North Korea or any other country?

link   
I don't understand,,why Iran should construct nukes himself, I suppose black market has a lot of uranium in giro, and maybe missiles too. Does everyone here consider as impossible my assumption that Iran may buy the nuke or the enriched uranium from North Korea or any other country?

link   
If its a go, it will be on the new moon in a few days. If not ,then a November surprise.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatdamage

What do I make of it ? Only this.

Iran is on the list and it will happen. We will invade Iran. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. I despise this fact.

SnF OP
edit on 10-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
well, their most important nuclear reactor is buried in a mountain.

it would take no less than a 10 megaton nuclear bomb to dent it and make the area unsuitable for human life.

if they plan just to send some out dated israeli f-16's against sam sites that have the capabilities to track stealth air crafts and drop a bunker buster if they are lucky, they should go back class and take invasion 101 again.

that is why they need america to have a chance of success.

america has the surveillance capabilities and technology to take the sams out from a safe distance.

whether they can destroy a mountain is another story.

what they can expect is iran to retaliate against israel and u.s. forces and go full steam ahead for a nuclear weapon.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This video is from August:

The video also predicts an October attack on Iran. They seem to have quite a bit of information to back this up. But if this has been rumored for months, I doubt it will be much of a surprise to Iran.

The article referenced by the OP mentions the Iranian defector, who likely supplied evidence that makes the attack inevitable.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Elections in US in November, elections in Israel in January and strike in October? It will certainly surprise me, so it has the element of surprise.
Well, 19 days to go.

Assuming the article is correct, we are only now saying we will possibly do a joint strike with Israel. If that's so, it would be very difficult (although I suppose not impossible) to coordiate AND execute a joint attack in 19 days.
UNLESS specific plans have already been developed and discussed/preppared and rehearsed in advance. I think that would have leaked out, or at least been noticed if we were doing joint training together.

Of course Israel has been to Red Flag before, so I suppose it could have already been rehearsed out in Nevada.

Still, a joint strike I don't see happening until sometime in Feb-March. An Israeli only strike could happen almost at anytime.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
sometimes I think all the saber rattling is just to scare the oil speculators and drive up profits

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Every other thread is promising an 'October surprise.' Kind of a piss poor surprise, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I think they are ready.

There have been rumors on and off for years that the US and Israel were ready to strike Iran. They have been on the brink for so long, that they probably have the details all worked out by now. The threat of danger from Iran is not a new thing, so it is not like they just decided today to start discussing how this would work. I think they have just been waiting for the right time, and for the right evidence that will hold up when the world judges their actions. The evidence from the defector may have given them what is needed to push the button.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join