It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: People can Barely Pay To Fill Up Their Gas Tank

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Let's lay some blame on the Automakers. If you don't think they have the technology to produce a engine that gets 100mpg then think again. People would buy these cars trucks etc: and not ever trade up or trade in. which means lower profits for car companies, lower profits for Big Oil. And we all need to remember all the crude oil does not go to gasoline. There's a million different things crude oil is used for, refining it into gasoline is but one thing.

The fact they put ethanol in our gas cause our gas not to burn very well, cause's less power and less mpg. Which in turn means we use more and purchase more. It's a concerted effort to IMHO between big oil and big auto. You know who's laughing at all this? All them damn horse's in all the pastures all across the world. PUN INTENDED. But this is America,if we still rode horse's, they would tax the damn feed till we had to let the horse's run free.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The gas tax really only goes to improve, maintain and build road infrastructure. It doesnt go to anything else. Please stop with this disinfo

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
reply to post by neo96

The gas tax really only goes to improve, maintain and build road infrastructure. It doesnt go to anything else. Please stop with this disinfo

No it doesn't considering:

1. Property taxes
2. The state of the Us infrastructure.

So yeah someone does need to stop spreading "disinfo".

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
We have the best infrastructure in the world
Property taxes mainly to to fund schools and these taxes keep getting lowered and the government further cutting spending because of the nut job republicans would rather give a tax cut to the rich.
This whole debt thing means nothing. Its the best time to spend with the rates so low.
So again Please stop being a disinfo agent.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

To say we have the best infrastucture in the world. Is a bold statement . " You don't get out much do you? Because all you got to do is go for a ride and keep your eyes open and see it for yourself. If you can't ,then your blind as a bat.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The higher fuel costs are driving food costs through the roof. They play hand in hand.....Lower fuel prices will put pressure on companies to lower food prices.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The debt is going UP... (spend. spend, spend)
The money supply is going UP... (print, print, print)
So prices will go UP... (see above)

CUT spending, really cut it I mean. Not just domestic either. Get the debt moving Backwards. This lowers the interest on the debt. This Lowers the money supply which will eventually lower prices.

Way to late for that. Never happen.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by gorgi

To say we have the best infrastucture in the world. Is a bold statement . " You don't get out much do you? Because all you got to do is go for a ride and keep your eyes open and see it for yourself. If you can't ,then your blind as a bat.

Well that contributed a lot to the discussion.
Can you name any large country with the high level of infrastructure like ours? Didnt think so.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'll be the first one to admit it.

In summer I drive a moped to work. 1985 honda spree. I call it the "spreester".

I just picked up a 99 honda civic on the cheap for my winter beater.

You guys can argue about policy but i'm changing to adapt to my surroundings. Let me tell you something, gas isn't gonna get cheaper.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Liberals want subsidies of alternative fuels but complain about it in Big Oil.
Obama pledged to destroy the coal industry. That sounds like he does not want us to be energy dependent. Why do liberals want us to depend on foreign countries for energy and for material goods while destroying jobs at home? Alternative fuels are one way to be green but not at the expense of our economy during a near depression and the deepest recession in decades. Could the UN Agenda be what's behind this push? After all, UN Agenda agenda is to depopulate and to ration resources from a centralized One World Govt. The purpose is to kill off as many people as possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

As the presidential election heats up, we will continue to track where the candidates stand on ethanol and energy subsidies. The issue of ethanol subsidies is vital to conservatives for several reasons. First, ethanol epitomizes everything that is wrong with onerous government interventions; corporate cronyism, market distortions, higher prices for vital goods and services, and government dependency. Also, with food and energy prices at an all time high, ethanol subsidies will provide the eventual Republican nominee with a unique opportunity to use bread and butter issues to educate voters about the virtues of the free market.

www.redstate.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join