learn more

Biden: People can Barely Pay To Fill Up Their Gas Tank

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Considering we are still in the middle east and we went to war for oil say that isn't true.

Or the fact the Us went to war in the middle east for oil is not true.

Or we are exporting what "we stole" from the middle east!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Or it means that big oil is greedy. And oil certainly isn't the only reason we went to war in the ME, there was a serious gap in the doughnut and french fries market there.

ETA I meant FREEDOM FRIES, don't hang me bro!
edit on 10-10-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

Or it means that big oil is greedy.

You mean that big oil where anyone can buy the stock and collect a dividend 4 times a year oh the horror and then get taxed at the capital gains rate of 15%!

Oh the horror the horror off with their heads!.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
reply to post by neo96

Naturaly (not entirely) people who live in large urban cities tend to vote more democracy, Hollywood, Newyork, Michigan. Only places where rifles, Clanning (kkk) and hunting are more conservative, you know God fearing papal controled individuals. I'm just explaining it through a mainstream point of view

Lets be honest, Democracy Vs repbluican is as old as the Union vs The confederate
edit on 10-10-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

What do you mean democracy versus republican? Do you vote?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What does that have to do with anything?
You're so cute when you're mad!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Considering we are still in the middle east and we went to war for oil say that isn't true.

Or the fact the Us went to war in the middle east for oil is not true.

Or we are exporting what "we stole" from the middle east!!!!!
Then WHY did we go to Iraq???
WMD ??? please m8 thats old.
Al-Qada ???please m8 Saddam hated them more than he hated the US
Hated us for Our Freedoms?? Remember that one, lol, too funny

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

What does that have to do with anything?
You're so cute when you're mad!

Has everything with it those who condemn big oil just as greedy censored gives every single person in this country the opportunity to profit.

Ain't seen me mad yet never will this is the 'internets'.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wait, you mean there's enough oil shares for everyone in the US to buy some and profit off them? Well goddamn Neo, you just fixed the economy!

It's okay to admit you get mad, you're among friends. Have a *hug*.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Wait, you mean there's enough oil shares for everyone in the US to buy some and profit off them? Well goddamn Neo, you just fixed the economy!

It's okay to admit you get mad, you're among friends. Have a *hug*.

Actually yeah between oil companies,refineries,and oil those who manufacture oil equipment there is litterally 10s of millions of shares available to the public.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Ats told me Bush lied and we went to get Saddams stargate.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

10's of millions eh?
There's 320ish million people in the US.
I really thought you were onto something there.
Bummer.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

10's of millions eh?
There's 320ish million people in the US.
I really thought you were onto something there.
Bummer.

Yep 320ish where not all drive, or who are old enough to drive or who even own a vehicle, and who can drive.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Its ok Neo, never expected a true answer from you, without blaming Obama.
But I do enjoy seeing you Squirm.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Its ok Neo, never expected a true answer from you, without blaming Obama.
But I do enjoy seeing you Squirm.

Thats rich

Considering:

Then WHY did we go to Iraq??? WMD ??? please m8 thats old. Al-Qada ???please m8 Saddam hated them more than he hated the US Hated us for Our Freedoms?? Remember that one, lol, too funny

Sounds like someone who is still trying to fight the last election instead of the current one.

Use Ats Search function Saddam and the stargate.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'll have to address the subsidy argument later - as time permits. For now? A study.

Of the top 500 most profitable companies in the world, three, of the top five are oil companies.

A quick look at one of those companies, number three on the list - Exxon Mobile consider the following numbers:

$ millions % change from 2009
Revenues 354,674.0 24.6
Profits 30,460.0 58.0
Assets 302,510.0 --
Stockholders' equity 146,839.0

Source

58% profits.

Exxon/Mobile is also number three in the overall list of largest corporations.

Source

During that fiscal year, while making 58% profits ( about thirty five billion ) - minus the hype from industry based spin doctors - here is the truth:

"They are counting taxes they don't pay," said Bob McIntyre, a director at Citizens for Tax Justice. "Payroll taxes are on the workers, sales taxes are on the consumers."

Throwing in those seemingly superfluous tax figures seems like an unnecessary move, especially considering that even without them the income tax the company pays is pretty high.

Exxon's average effective U.S. income tax rate over the last six years is about 29%, according to the firm's security filings and an interview with a top Exxon tax lawyer. It's one of the highest rates for any industry.

Jeffers said the company highlighted its overall tax contributions because it's important for people to see just how much the firm and its activities add to the overall tax rolls.

Exxon's income tax rate is below the 35% rate mandated by corporate tax law, but it's widely believed most U.S. companies don't pay that rate thanks to generous loopholes in the tax code.

Source

And the following source says:

Exxon Mobil registered an average 17.6 percent federal effective corporate tax rate on its annual earnings in the three years spanning 2008 to 2010. Its average domestic profits exceeded $6.8 billion. And as a 2011 Citizens for Tax Justice report points out:
Over the past two years, ExxonMobil reported $9,910 million in pretax U.S. profits. But it enjoyed so many tax subsidies that its federal income tax bill was only $39 million—a tax rate of only 0.4 percent.
Even when Exxon Mobil had a record profit of $40 billion in 2008 due to record oil prices it had only a 31 percent effective tax rate. That’s 13 percent lower than the maximum 35 percent despite being Exxon Mobil’s fifth year as the top corporate earner in Fortune 500’s annual listing. The company paid no taxes at all to the U.S. federal government in 2009 on its domestic profits of nearly $2.6 billion. It appears that they avoided the tax man that year by legally funneling their profits through wholly owned subsidiaries in countries like the Cayman Islands, and reinvesting their earnings overseas.

If you abhor the poor preying upon the system, how can you abet the obscenely wealthy doing so? Is it less of a sin if the perpetrator has lobbyists and creative accounting practices?

Seems to me like you'd love Robin Hood... if he were rich. But decry him were he poor.

~Heff
edit on 10/10/12 by Hefficide because: BB tag apocalypse

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Guaranteed the POTUS and vPOTUS have a lot of stock in big oil when they leave office. LOBBYISTS and WALL STREET SPECULATORS are why oil prices are so high. Get them out of DC!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Profit is not a dirty word to me considering how they make that money yeah, and what people call "subsidies" are nothing more than tax credits, the same thing every other business gets, and the rest of Americans get.

Everything in this country is subsidized, by all means end corporate subsidies to big oil, then end them for Agriculuure,education,healthcare, and everything else.

I am all for it just get ready to pay higher prices across the boards.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Thats rich

Considering:
Considering Ive asked you twice.

Ill give it one last time.

Neo96,
What are the reasons that you believe the US invaded Iraq .

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Considering Ive asked you twice.

Have anything to say about Biden? gas prices?

Since that is the topic want to rehash the Iraq war there are thousands of threads on that topic.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Gas prices are about the same now as they were then, and if Biden made it an issue then, it should come to the forefront now.
Gaffe it up Joe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join