It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush the first choice for Republicans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If Republicans could have it any other way, would there be a different Republican that you would want to vote for President? Is Bush the best the Republicans can do?

I don't think so, but I'm not a Republican. If anything I'd say Allan Keyes.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I would say Gov. Schwarzenegger he cant be President but he would crush Kerry in the polls if he could.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
If Republicans could have it any other way, would there be a different Republican that you would want to vote for President? Is Bush the best the Republicans can do?

I don't think so, but I'm not a Republican. If anything I'd say Allan Keyes.

WOW! We agree, I even campaigned for him somewhat in 2000 against BUSH!

I have met him and damn he is smart, I mean really smart. He would tear Kerry and Bush's ass in a debate!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yea, edsinger, I heard him on a radio show and have read about some of his ideas, I think he is a really smart guy there. He'd make a great president. He laid his philosophy down for a lot of issues, including abortion. There is no doubt in my mind that he would tear Bush and Kerry to pieces in a debate. He just brings substance to the table, which neither Bush or Kerry can offer.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Allan Keyes was held by fellow republican's because his plans advocated more freedoms and less government for the people then what the gop were willing to advocate...

Republican's want bigger government, bigger military, bigger spending funds, bigger bigger bigger, their the epitomy of the word big.

Republican's are slowly starting to come around, I think after this election, they'll be voting libertarian...

I know in my community i've heard a few republican's tell me their sick of the #, the lies, the insults, the slaps in the face, their voting libertarian next election...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
John McCain would be my first choice, with Colin Powell as the VP. That IMHO would be an ideal Republican ticket.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I like Powell, but....McCain seems to be more of a sellout recently. I can't believe he would support Bush to such a fervor when Bush basically called him crazy in 2000. I think McCain is a good man at heart, but he is influenced too easily.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I know in my community i've heard a few republican's tell me their sick of the #, the lies, the insults, the slaps in the face, their voting libertarian next election...

I might just be one of these but the stakes are to high at the moment to throw my vote away. Any vote for other than Bush is a vote for Kerry unless its Nader.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Dang went had probs,

Dont knwo what happened.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You know the elections are failing when people have to sell-out who they vote for. It's just a disgrace for everyone. Vote with your heart, don't settle for anyone. Even if you are marrying them....

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i want mccain to run for president

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You know I thought that the next bush to run for president was supoused to be the brother from Florida, I see him as having more brains that the older brother.

I have to agree I like McCain also.

Odd

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
As a former Republican, I don't mind telling you that Bush is the reason I became a Libertarian. It's not even the war with Iraq-- it's simply his defiance of basic conservative ideals with things like the Patriot Act and No Child Left Behind.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm worried about the future of the GOP in the Whitehouse. I don't see too many leaders on deck. After Bush, who the heck is going to step up? I'd like to see more of Giuliani and McCain. Each though they can lack conservative support. I just don't see any political leader that can step up down the road. After four more years of Bush, I think the dems will probably put someone in the WH.

On the other hand, the GOP is doing just fine in congress, senate, state bodies, governorships, etc. And we know how well the GOP did in the 90�s w/ Newt at the helm w/out a republican in the WH.

[Edited on 18-10-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I like Powell, but....McCain seems to be more of a sellout recently. I can't believe he would support Bush to such a fervor when Bush basically called him crazy in 2000. I think McCain is a good man at heart, but he is influenced too easily.

I have decided to write in McCain this election day. I too, was concerned about all of the support he has given to Bush, but that probably has more to do with how I personally feel about Bush.

I believe what he was doing is making sure that when he runs if he decides to, that no one could make the claim that he jumped party lines in this election. McCain has been very vocal about his disagreements with Bush policy, and I think that is because he knows he could have done better.

It is better that McCain continue in good favor with his party by supporting the incumbent so no one could call him disloyal in 2008.

top topics

join