It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the music industry - how bad is it really?....actually really bad

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
playing illuminati games does not make you illuminati

mp3's ruined the industry

no more albums, just singles

As a musician I think lack of originality killed the game. Everyone looking and sounding the same. It's prevalent is all types of music. Remember when Country singers looked like the guy next door? Not they have the pretty boy image too. I think that is one of the reason Rock music is on the backburner these days. It's harder to sell the fake image to the rock crowd. It was tried in the eighties but most of those bands were laughed at by the Zeppelin and headbanger crowd. IMO they are preparing the next generations for a one music world. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
playing illuminati games does not make you illuminati

mp3's ruined the industry

no more albums, just singles

As a musician I think lack of originality killed the game.. It's harder to sell the fake image ..

I think there are other things going here... (some things cultural and economic)

Back in the days, you can live in many low income neighborhoods for a very small fraction of your income. This allowed artists to just hang out and play music all day. Nowadays you have to work for a larger portion of your life to make a living, leaving you with very little inspiration, time or energy for anything creative to occur.

The cultural climate was also happier back then, I think, it was a better vibe, people were happier in general.

Also back then music was a central form of entertainment which people shared and experienced together. It was more significant. People studied it and played instruments, at gatherings etc. I remember many of my friends had guitars and a lot of kids used to have garage bands.

Third, the people who have learned to capitalize on music have honed their techniques to a science. All efforts and thoughts are geared toward massive sales and very little effort or desire to make good music.

The availability and cultural use of mescaline and other hallucinogenics also probably contributed in a positive way to the art, culture and music of that time.
edit on 29-10-2012 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

There is some truth to that. But as for myself and other musicians I know I still play no matter how much I work.
If I didn't play I would probably lose it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The music industry is really really bad umkay?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl

Originally posted by Taggart

Originally posted by chadderson

Laughed at this.. "magical Notes" " similar rhythms with similar chords and notes. There are specific patterns of notes"

I assume you have never played and instrument or studied music.
There are only a set number of 'notes and chords' and none of them are Magical.
Tempo can be important to differentiate songs that use the same notes. to the untrained ear and A minor could uite easily sound like an E. People who don't know, don't know..

People who play instruments know it isn't as easy as playing A,D G at 140bpm with a Beegee esque Drum loop. Writing music is hard, writing music others will like is even harder..

To go one step further, You could be the best bunch of musicians around but if another band walk in all 6ft, white teeth, and a 'look' chances are the labels will pick them over the musicians. Used em up, spit em out and get a new band..

This is why Xfactor/american idol winners go on to do nothing. Real musicians spend a lifetime learning not only how to play/miimic but how to PLay, perform and WRITE < the hardest part of the lot and the one thing missing from TV talent shows.

I think this is what Chadderson was hitting on:

A440 is the musical note A above middle C, which has a frequency of 440 Hz and serves as a general tuning standard for musical pitch.

Prior to the standardization on 440 Hz, many countries and organizations followed the Austrian government's 1885 recommendation of 435 Hz. The American music industry reached an informal standard of 440 Hz in 1926, and some began using it in instrument manufacturing. In 1936 the American Standards Association recommended that the A above middle C be tuned to 440 Hz.[1] This standard was taken up by the International Organization for Standardization in 1955 (reaffirmed by them in 1975) as ISO 16.[2] Although not universally accepted, since then it has served as the audio frequency reference for the calibration of acoustic equipment and the tuning of pianos, violins, and other musical instruments.

en.wikipedia.org...(pitch_standard)

Why was A = 440 Hz chosen? This part seems to have a bit of lore behind it, but the popular theory is that a Nazi propaganda minister named Josef Goebbels pushed for it to cause our bodies to be out of harmony with nature. Nature, it seems mathematically, also resonates at 432 Hz, not at 440 Hz. In any case, 440 Hz has been accepted and is the standard in use today.
lazytechguys.com...

There have been several threads on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I assume you are not too deep into your instrument. I play also and can guarantee you all serious players have heard of this.

Check out the modes of popular songs. It's no secret.

I'm not getting into a "Do you know who I know" type argument, but I do know artists who have been signed and are still signed to this day and have made a lot of money in the business, not only Musicians but Producers and I mentioned this to three of them and they also laughed.
As for I must not be too deep into my instrument, depends what you mean by deep, has it paid for my life so far, yes. Do I get asked to join bands in other countries another Yes. I'd say I'm pretty deep into the music scene and all its goings on. Why not see how deep you are and take the 10 best selling songs of all time and test the frequency and see if your theory is correct, instead of giving insults come back with proof.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

This is PROOF Beyond all Others!! How can this Sickening Video by this Sad lost Soul Ke$ha be any kind of entertainment!?! It is Blatant Satanic Imagery...It floors me Kids think this is Great...Lousy song with HORRIBLE EVIL Mind programming pushed into your subconscious.... No wonder the song States our Children want to die young if this is their Influence.....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I gotta admit I just watched that whole Keysha oh wait im sorry "Key$ha" video. (whatever the F thats about) To be fair I watched it on mute because I ran out of aspirin and don't wanna risk a headache or possibly loosing the contents of my stomach.

Anywho. I found just the visual content of the video alone offensive. The satanic imagery I can deal with. (Although it's a WTF sorta thing that its even in there. Not even sure what the message behind the pentagrams is.) but in the video Its just offensively dumb and I wonder if keysha will have any dignity left or even develop any by the time she washes out of the industry in 5 months.

For those who don't feel like they're banging their head against a solid object for two minutes strait by watching the video I'll give you a synopsis. Dumb chick is carried by some dudes to a barn somewhere. She gets all empowered, kicks open the barn door, is dressed like a dominatrix or something and then fails to resist the urge to dance around for no reason for two minutes in a barn rave dance party with glowing pentagrams on the walls and illuminati triangles flying around. She proceeds to dive deeper into the skany, GHB dosed, party girl who either dies by 25 or just will look like she has, look as the video progresses. Then because her partying is so hardcore the cops come and shoot up her barn rave and then look like they are going to arrest her. Thats about it. Artistic genius at it's pinnacle keysha is.

Also whats wrong with her eyes. In each shot she's doing the squinty half hooded I think I'm being sexy but I really look like some dumb bitch on barbiturates look.

The video was a giant cesspool of trite, trendy, trashy imagery and lyrics. Devoid of any talent on either the artists side or the director or DP's side. Just a massive failure by the opinion of anyone with a critical eye or any degree of musical education, cultural sophistication, self respect, or whom is actually able to detect sound waves.

Theres no conspiracy in the music industry it just mirrors how pathetic, trite and unsophisticated american culture has become. This is what we deserve to listen to because its what we insist on. It's so classless. this pop music like keysha's it reflects who we are as a people these days. What we believe in.

To me it doesnt even matter what they put in that video because we will still watch it cross eyed and drooling like the moron chunk from goonies, going "yay! Me like video. WHore good! Me wanna be just like" and thats pretty much the thought process of the people who actually like keysha.

For all of those that actually like keyshas music, you're proof that being dropped on your head as a infant does indeed effect intelligence. like I said I don't actually have to listen to a single note of it to judge it, the video speaks well enough to represent every last thing about her. Worthless human garbage.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I saw that Ke$hia video on tv yesterday and I noticed everything you guys did.
The demonic industry is getting more and more blatant with the symbolism.

It's like their attitude is - "we no longer care if you can pick up on it or notice it anymore, we're gonna keep feeding this to the youth to have them ultimately corrupted". "Our plan for hip hop is working lovely". "The homosexual element is catching on and the constant push towards the criminal element (neglecting all positivity), is keeping the prisons full." "Good work guys but we aren't finished yet, keep it up".

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueMessiah

I can see the conversation going on at the minions lair who produced this song and video.

"Sir the latest polls are in regarding our latest keysha video and song. The people are 60 percent unhappy and have slumped into a brain catharsis where they literally can't see past their own noses and actually think they will be able to party party party party party party party party party party party....party party party party all the time. party party party party party party. party party party till the morning light!"

Excellent! Soon all of the earths population will be brain dead, soul less masses in which we can mold into satan food like wet clay!"

"What should we do sir?"

"Hit them with the keysha, wait sorry "Key$ha," song again!!!! Muwhaahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Just finished watching the whole video and I have to admit, Prof. Griff has done some serious homework. Whether what he says is true or not, he has certainly educated himself on topics that most people will never begin to try and understand.

He has my respect for that alone.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join