It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the music industry - how bad is it really?....actually really bad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
we all remember when music changed

but what was behind it?.....and why did it turn the way it has?

best to ask someone whos been there, in the background throughout the course of the "change"...

ok, the genres of music that have been "interfered" with the most aggressively are - pop and hiphop

in the hiphop world...the industry was pretty much owned by the artists...making the "industry/mainstream" takeover ever more apparant.....

looking back...we had Public Enemy...the most pollitical group ever...then you have NWA....we know what happened to them...they took the N with the attitude out of N with attidude.
as Eazy E died from aids (apparent conspiracy)...ice cube became a disney movie star.

now what about Public Enemy....they broke up...obviously...and we have one member always on tv, acting like a complete %$£&...mr Flava Flav....as flav was the boisterous/moronic one...the other two were political

from the days of Public Enemy till today,,,a member from Public Enemy (not flav), has observed, challanged and been part of the "change".....what he says is hair raising...gripping....

things to look out for:

listen to what he says about quincy jones,puff daddy....also about the rituals they make us take part in unawares
...and lil wayne, he calls him a 1970s crack baby!,,micheal jackson and 2pac,,,,
also -kat williams.... i actually remember watching kat williams on stage talking about his "holywood" experience..never knew it was the illuminate circle.

and to top it off.. why his band mates ..ie flava flav was made a baffoon!....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

it starts off a bit basic, he briefly mentions the illuminate to explain to the people who are new, the concept...but bare with it..he then starts talking about people he personally knows, who are major stars to us....

its 50mins long...but it passes in a second!

edit on 10-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Nvm, guess this is about some illuminati crap...... Music is still good, their is no "illuminati" ... Who cares what this guy says. I personally know people in the music industry and its nothing like what your thinking. Go outside

edit on 10-10-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Kurt Cobain was the blame.
I was a kid in the 70's and kind of skipped the mainstream music scene until the early 90's with the rise of grunge.

But know,my taste is very diverse.
And actually I think there is a good music scene going on now,but only those truely interested in music would know that.

www.wfpk.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Nvm, guess this is about some illuminati crap...... Music is still good, their is no "illuminati" ... Who cares what this guy says. I personally know people in the music industry and its nothing like what your thinking. Go outside

no its not illuminate crap

thats ony at the begining....you obviously never watched it otherwise that would be the last thing you would mention

and i am outside

peace

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What has occurred is that the music remains the same, similar rhythms with similar chords and notes. There are specific patterns of notes when put together create a sort of harmony that is enticing to the listener. These 'magical' notes have been known for ages, and it is why the "TOP SONGS" usually have beats from songs of the past. It is a cycle in which every so many years the old hit is replaced by a new hit with the same rhythm/beat/note order only put behind new lyrics...

The new lyrics is where the industry has changed for the worse. It is this magical music that opens the spirit, and while the spirit is open, the horrendously crafted negative lyrics sit on top of this harmonious tunes and burrow themselves into one's mind. This has something to do with why the generations seem to be getting flat out, dumber. They are being brainwashed to think with the ego, and to respond with violence, to abandon holding anything sacred.

The industry is taken over and it is to herd the population. When 50+% of white kids between the ages of 10-21 want to be a 'gangster rapper' and even more than that emulate this lifestyle on certain levels without realizing it, we are in a brainwash crisis. The industry quite literally glamorizes the negative aspects with a veil of harmony.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I read somewhere that Kurt Cobain was the blame.

Blame it on a dead man!

The 90's were great years for rock and Kurt is one of the many influence that helped shape that.

The music industry is horrible, barely no one writes their own songs anymore when they hit top 40.
The way to go is out of the mainstream music industry if you want to listen good music of about any genre and get to know new artists...real artists that write their own music, wow ain't that something.

Feel free to browse my music, I wrote it AND I play it, double wow.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

Missed my sarcasm,did ya?

Yes,the 90's was a great change in music.
But it is still going on today.Many singer-song writers signed up with independent labels,it's just they don't get the play,you have to go find it.

www.wfpk.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

EPMD was not a political rap group, and they were a duo. Public Enemy is the rap group that was political.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

i hate people that quote a whole op

it was fixed before you noticed....i had them on the brain

you wanna delete that mass waste of space now...and comment on the video

peace

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

no its not illuminate crap

thats ony at the begining....you obviously never watched it otherwise that would be the last thing you would mention

and i am outside

peace

I'd rather go listen to a homeless vietnam vet at the liquor store than these two.... Their interpretations on how they see things in the music industry is not worth a thread. They say illuminati killed tupac, someone needs to slap these idiots with a hammer. Tupac didn't believe in the illuminati, thats y he put Killuminati to kill the retarded mind frame people have thinking their minds being take over by something that doesnt extist.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm a child of the 70's and never really got into music until the late 80's. At this stage in the game I don't listen to anything on the radio anymore. It's too cookie cutter for my tastes. Actually, I don't listen to anything coming from the world of entertainment. I watch and listen to what I like.
edit on 10-10-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Nvm, guess this is about some illuminati crap...

If you you payed more attention to the lyrics in so many popular artists, you would be amazed on how many talk against their own industry in metaphor and double meanings. Demons, possession and "pacts with the devil" are also common subjects in lyrics.

Illuminati or name it what you will, those types of lyrics seem to be more common than just being "for the show".

Smashing Pumpkins, Phil Collins, Garbage just to name a few.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

fast and ignorant...thats the frigging begining....

get to the part where he talks about 2pacs relationship with quincy jones,,,,quincy appparently ran sex circles...gay ones...initiation...2pac was going out with quincies daughter...quincy tried to initiate him by making him s*^g him..

then it goes on

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Man, you have no clue as to what you're talking about, whatsoever. And music IS NOT still good, most mainstream music pure crap, ACROSS THE BOARD. Proffessor Griff knows what he's talking about, and I have family from New York who knows him personally, and I was in the music industry myself. There have been multiple attempts on this man's life, and his house was burned down. He speaks truth. Who the hell cares what you have to say?
edit on 10-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Tupac didn't believe in the illuminati, thats y he put Killuminati to kill the retarded mind frame people have thinking their minds being take over by something that doesnt extist.

This line is enough to make all you comments in this thread be weightless.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Tupac didn't believe in the illuminati, thats y he put Killuminati to kill the retarded mind frame people have thinking their minds being take over by something that doesnt extist.

This line is enough to make all you comments in this thread be weightless.

no...he wanted to take the power they had out of our minds

he wondered how every tom dick and harry knew about a "secret society"...and how they had such a grip

**SPOILER ALERT*****

to sum up...i didnt want to spoil it,,,but that mug made me....in the video above...he doesnt call them illuminate...he calls them jews!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by poloblack

i hate people that quote a whole op

it was fixed before you noticed....i had them on the brain

you wanna delete that mass waste of space now...and comment on the video

peace
I saw the video when it was first released. Sorry about the long quote, still trying to figure out how to dissect quotes here. No need to be anal about it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

That doesn't mean anything. People can rap about aliens it doesnt make them real does it

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

fast and ignorant...thats the frigging begining....

get to the part where he talks about 2pacs relationship with quincy jones,,,,quincy appparently ran sex circles...gay ones...initiation...2pac was going out with quincies daughter...quincy tried to initiate him by making him s*^g him..

then it goes on

Who cares?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Man, you have no clue as to what you're talking about, whatsoever. And music IS NOT still good, most mainstream music pure crap, ACROSS THE BOARD. Proffessor Griff knows what he's talking about, and I have family from New York who knows him personally, and I was in the music industry myself. There have been multiple attempts on this man's life, and his house was burned down. He speaks truth. Who the hell cares what you have to say?
edit on 10-10-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

Your on some underground music bandwagon, i dont really care. I like what sounds good, not what the next person dug up on the internet. But what do i know, its not like i produce music or nothing. "He speaks the truth" You sound like a gullible kid .... Think for yourself

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join