Team America

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow...I just got through laughing my ass off for a good hour...my sides are hurting!

But honestly - This movie played a lot of jokes on quite a few people with ruthless, slap-stick, kung-fu blows...Not to mention the entire plot of the movie and their subtle methods of causing havoc and blowing timeless monuments into smitherines...

What's everyone's take?! I thought it was priceless! The music, the puppets, the overly corny and melocrapmatic script that ripped and reaked from so many different movies, from Dr. Strangelove to The Empire Strikes Back...

What are your reflections on this movie regarding its political comments on the War on Terror and do you think this film is a step forward or back or none at all?

[edit on 10/17/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i saw that movie 2 nights ago and i havent laughed that hard at a movie in a long time. i am a republican which may seem strange that i liked it but they made fun of both sides. and the thing with micheal moore strapping a bomb to himself was hillarious. good movie

DIGITALGRL

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I too ahve heard this is funnier than hell, but I was told to NOT take children!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yeah...Those scenes were great...I'd have to say my favorite one was right after he - um - promises to never die....
- I was laughing so damn hard...small fetish sites will be popping upo around the internet in the next few weeks

There was one scene in particular that I thought was simply far too "over the top"...When he's at The Wall and touching it...That was simply disrespectful and arrogant...everything else was hilarious - but when I saw that I kinda wiped the smile from my face for a moment there...

EDIT:[ edsinger...that's a big roger on that one...lol...the scene I'm referring to above would leave questions in your children's minds that would not be forgotten without providing answers you may not fully be able or prepared to explain
I'd have to say kids will have to wait to grow up to watch this one...

[edit on 10/18/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The movie's rating and the fact that it had to be further edited to avoid an NC-17, should definitely make it clear that this is NOT a movie for children to see...

America....# Yeah!
Man that's a great song!

What are your reflections on this movie regarding its political comments on the War on Terror and do you think this film is a step forward or back or none at all?

I think Matt Stone and Trey Parker would be laughing their asses off at the idea of anyone thinking they were trying to convey a message, hehe.... Just poking light-hearted fun at serious events...something they've done throughout their careers....especially if you've seen their other (non-South Park) movies....

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Reading over CNN.com's attempt at breaking down the movie, I thought it was almost equally funny...This line is great, and I think I know preciesly what three words were removed...

"I think the only thing we do assert is that it's fine and good for everyone to hate us (Americans) and think we're (jerks), but there is a big difference between (jerks) and (psychos)" like Osama bin Laden, Parker said -- substituting profane body-part slang for his descriptions.

CNN Story

I agree that they certainly didn't mean to come off as serious in any way - that was...um...abundantly clear

But there's still a good deal of opinions and rehtoric being expressed...I was hoping this wouldn't get moved over to Movies, although I can understand...I originally had it in the War on Terror Forum b/c I thought that regardless of how funny and entertaining the movie was, lots can be used for good examples of why this nation is viewed as a heaping pile of refuse...

But then again, maybe it's simply futile to even try to have a serious conversation about this movie...I think I'd just get my sides in stitches again from the pain of my laughter...

[Edited on 10/18/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

top topics

join