Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Food prices to rise, to wet(uk) to dry(USA)

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I posted this here because that's where I thought this was thread belonged. However it's turned into a bit of a rant, so mods, move as appropriate.

America's food prices to rise due to lack of rain,

www.bbc.co.uk...

Uk food prices to rise due to too much rain,

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now this appears to be a natural disaster, why are we being made to pay for this through the nose? AGAIN.

Give over will you, you greedy selfish money grabbing............ Better stop right there. How about a little aid for the people? Why don't these big companies that are on control of most of the food supply just accept the loss? They are the ones making billions.

Someone is going to get richer for this, and millions will be poorer.
Many people can hardly afford it now, with more price rises to come. So all they can do is go without food, just to pay the bills, and they too are rising in price. Something must change! What if next summer is even worse? Computers and machines are providing services so humans no longer need too. Could it be time for everyone to have part time employment? That way everyone would work as there would be enough possitions. But the whole monetary and value of that money system would have to be reset, to accommodate for a decent standard of living for all.

This is where technology should be taking us, if it's to work for us. If not we will be working for it....... Look where we are now though. This system is set up for a perfect world, earth is subject to constant change, some cyclic, some spontaneous. So the system need to adjust accordingly. Our leaders are obviously incompetent to make these adjustments, or just to afraid. To programmed in a system that only works in a perfect world. It's so simple. They should ALL be fired immediately.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Cost is the least of the problem, heatwave in Texas and flooding in UK has put a real strain on food as there is only about 3 months worth of stocks of everything worldwide. The madness of using food for bio fuel whilst kids starve around the world is about to be realized. Shortages will push food prices through the roof and by Feb 2013 could be 100% higher. With lower wages and higher taxes and high unemployment you are about to witness hunger in the west that has never been seen since 1930. There will be food but you will need a kings ransom to buy it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sorry for my being a total D*ck but I keep seeing the post title and it just ...well it just keeps irritating me.

Too wet / Too dry

No malice intended but I just had to say it lol (No intention of being a grammar cop) it must just be down to my hormones today.
edit on 10-10-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

One more reason I bought A heirloom seed kit with about 12,000 seeds enough for a 1/4 acre garden that have 99.98% purity ( non of that GMO crap), But since I live in a apt I grow my garden is in a stand up greenhouse to harvest all year round and kick what I don't use to my neighbors just because I would rather see it eaten than thrown way just give me some seeds back lol,

I keep saying and will keep saying it.....People need to get back in tune with farming and living off the land cause we all have not seen any yet, hope I'm wrong but we'll see
edit on 10-10-2012 by mytheroy because: put to many 9's

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I would say listen to your farmers, since they are growing most of what you eat if they say it lookin bad, then guess what it could get bad, just depends on how long they prop everything up. Rock on 2012 been interesting so far

www.agweb.com...

crop reports from September
edit on 10-10-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join