It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Jessica Ridgeway

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Lets be real here. Just how many little girls are missing in that area that when a body turns up they dont know who it is?
Just like when they found Caylee. They had to wait 10 days for DNA but we already knew that the only missing baby in that area of florida had lived only a few thousand feet away from where that body was found.
I dont think we need the police to say that this is her. If its not her than Colorado has a bigger problem.
edit on 12-10-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I flagged this a few minutes ago, not realizing Little Bit has been missing since Friday. Nor Had I read that a body had been found.

I hope, on the one hand it isnt her, as I'd like a happy ending. If that happy ending is no more suffering at the hands of an animal, okay, I dont like it, but, okay.

You're right. Statistically white blonde blue eyed kids get much more coverage than preteen Black, Hispanic or Asians. Unless of course there is a mental handicap, then they are all over the place. I wish that wasn't the case.

I assume the FBI got involved since dad was in another state & has recent criminal charges. Glad he joined the girls Mom.

I fear this will end badly for them. I sincerely hope not.

The case of Adji Desir a mentally disabled african american boy had our attention for a short while in Feb of 2009 but for the most part this child has been forgotten. He has never been recovered.
Heileigh Cummings disappeared in Jan of 2009. Her "family" made the news with their antics for a while but still she has fallen off the map. An african american boy and a kind of funny looking little girl didnt get the attention that beautiful Caylee Anthony got. Sad but true.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Reminds me of the story The Lovely Bones.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Honestly a chip wont prevent an abduction but it will enable us to find the child.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by invient
reply to post by tport17

Wow, I did not even think about Halloween... I hope people tone down their plans, a little emotional intelligence is in order around metro area...

Trick or Treating is going the way of the dinosaur. Every year we get fewer and fewer kids knocking at the door. Most schools have school sponsored activities for the kids now or parents plan parties instead of trick or treating. I imagine that not too far off in the future trick or treating will be something that the kids will hear about in history but wont participate in. Like the rag a muffin parades that my mom participated in at halloween when she was a child but were not part of our traditions. The type of celebration changes.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Originally posted by invient
Just a heads up, on the local abc news the reporter said "Sources have said the body is Jessica's"

It is not an official statement.

Seems a little early to be saying that when the FBI and authorities are saying they have not yet identified the body found because it wasn't intact and will need further testing. Although I have a feeling it is her.

A feeling its her ? Are there other missing little girls in the area?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Last summer, a man approached my 9 year old daughter, while she was playing 3 houses down at her best friend's house. He asked her to come and look at a bee hive in his yard. Nothing came of this, and after a search, my husband and I found out that he was on the sexual offender's list.

This story with Jessica Ridgeway has started a conversation again between my husband and I about putting a chip in our daughter's shoes or clothing. I don't care how crazy people think I am. I cannot fathom my child coming up missing and not being able to find her. I am a very attentive mother, and do not let my child run the neighborhood, however, I cannot wrap her in bubble wrap and look the other way and think that she is safe. I cannot keep her in the house either. Children go missing right out of their yard. I think it's time I become more proactive about the possibilities.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Oh yeah. I was almost abducted when I was 5 years old in a department store. I was standing RIGHT by my mother when a man came up and took my hand and tried to pull me away. She was paying for something, and it happened, just like that. My mother was strict with us kids and didn't allow us to leave our yard when growing up. It doesn't matter what we do, it can still happen.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

And why do all of these terrible things keep happening in Colorado? I just find it really odd. It's probably a coincidence, yes?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
reply to post by karen61057

And why do all of these terrible things keep happening in Colorado? I just find it really odd. It's probably a coincidence, yes?

Apparently "it's the altitude". Seems to be a common excuse these days for failure of anything and everything.

Seriously though, go look at all the missing kids around the country, every day. It's just a matter of what the media chooses to focus on, I suppose. There have been more murders in a night in Chicago and Detroit than what happened in Aurora, but it's "gang violence" so nobody seems to pay attention. Sad reality, but it is what it is...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, the police have officially declared the body is Jessica Ridgeway.

So many prays to the family. It is a terrible tragedy.

9News

RIP Jessica!
edit on 12-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Well, the police have officially declared the body is Jessica Ridgeway.

So many prays to the family. It is a terrible tragedy.

source?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

I added one, tried nbc but the link was messed up. They just had a press conference about 10-15 minutes ago and announced it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Something about this girl just breaks my heart. I cannot hope enough that they find her.

edit on 10-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

The hardest thing about this world we live in, are the despicable things that happen to children. For the life of me, I cannot understand what motivates people to harm innocent children. It is one of the few things that makes me truly angry, and I wish there was something, or some way to just stop it from happening. Maybe one day, we can live in a society where children no longer have anything to fear.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GodParticle

Wow, little over the top don't you think?

I reported you, and after looking through your posts on other forums, I see you're pretty over the top with a lot of things.

The girl has died. Have a stitch of compassion.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Well, we know things like this happen in places of large disparity in incomes/wealth...

I know, this sounds like I am going off-topic and making this political... but I am not, at least intentionally doing so.

TED talk on society and income

Denver is among the group of cities in the US with the largest gap between rich and poor and thus will over time have a higher prevalence of social ills...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodParticle
reply to post by tport17

And how #ing utterly useless is that? No one knows nothing, that is a fact ant trying to pretend that their might be a 100000 in one chance that someone just HAPPENED to be browsing this site who has something with this disappearance is pathetic. Not only that, but this abduction was, for all intents and purposes, pre-arranged. You're doing nothing with your "condolences" other than showing what a brain-washed casual you really are.

Are you serious??!! Your rude. There are people that are following this case, or living in the community here. There is nothing wrong with offering condolences to the family. It's horrible the way this little girl had to die. Can't imagine what she may have gone through...can tell you don't have kids..

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This makes me so sad. I was truly praying they would find her alive. My prayers go out to the family.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Breaking News! (but very sad)

Police: 10-year-old Colorado girl missing for week is dead

(CNN) -- A 10-year-old Colorado girl reported missing one week ago is dead, police said Friday.

Westminster Police Chief Lee Birk told reporters that a body found earlier this week "has been positively identified" as that of young Jessica Ridgeway.

"The family has been notified," Birk said. "We can't begin to comprehend the grief that they are going through."

Jessica was last seen by her mother as she left for school. Authorities then issued a statewide Amber Alert for the girl.

With Friday's news, law enforcement are now shifting their focus from a search for Jessica to a manhunt for the person they say abducted and killed her.

Birk acknowledged that authorities "recognize that there is a predator at large in our community."

"We are doing everything within our power to apprehend that individual," he said.

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join