It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Jessica Ridgeway

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I pray they find this child safe and sound. It's a shame that we can't even trust that our children make it to school without the threat of some maniac kidnapping them. Prayers to the family of this beautiful child that she is reunited with them soon.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
These parents should be jailed.They make this 10 year old walk to school alone. Put these morons in prison.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacebumZaphod

they found her alive. she was just raped and let go.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Too harsh dude. She always met up with a group of kids very close to home. Mom worked nights and grandma watched her. Very sad that some sick @@@@ preyed upon this good kid. Body found today. Pray for the family.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
For anybody living near the area , the FBI has this psychological profile to watch out for:

They have to catch this sick bastard.

The FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit said that often, someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender of the crime, and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the changes, and may even question the person about it, but may not relate the changes to that person’s involvement in the crime.

Immediately following the incident, he may miss work. The absence will be sudden and unplanned. He may either be a “no show” or he may offer a plausible excuse such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.

He may miss scheduled appointments/commitments and be unaccounted for during this period. These appointments/commitments may include such things as medical appointments, meetings with a probation officer, prior commitment to a friend or family member, drug test, etc.

He may suddenly leave town, either with no explanation or with some plausible reason. This individual may express an intense interest in the status of this investigation and pay close attention to the media. However, some offenders may quickly turn off media accounts or try to redirect conversations concerning the victims or their families. There may be changes in the usual consumption of alcohol and/or drugs. He may make a change in his appearance or alter something to prevent identification, such as changing the look of his vehicle, cleaning or discarding his vehicle. Read more: www.abc15.com...[/ ex]

edit on 12-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I just watched the video of the mother. I am not a judgmental person, however, I can usually "read" a person's facial expressions and their mannerisms. She did not shed one tear and even her body movements (the forced shoulders heaving as if she were truly crying) were not real. This mother was fake. I have 4 children, and if something happened to one of them, I would have to be put into a coma. I would be inconsolable and distraught. I realize that some people don't cry or show emotion, but it seems so clear to me that she is not as upset or shaken as one would think she should be. This is beyond not showing emotion. It was FORCED emotion. Big difference. I am not trying to judge her, just calling it like I see it. My heart breaks for her and the family.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia

Jessica Ridgeway has not been found. That was a different girl they are investigating to see if it is related to Jessica's disappearance.

Police are supposed to say today who the body belongs to. I am working on finding a time frame for when they will release this information.

Also, about her parents being bad for letting her walk to school.

She walked 3 blocks by herself and met with a group of kids. The group walked the rest of the way to school, which I believe was about 1 1/2 miles. This is not the parent's fault. A child should be able to walk three blocks without being picked up!

Almost all of the kids at my local school walk to and from every day. Mainly because this is a small town and most of the kids live within 3-4 blocks of the school.

Edit: The only time frame I can find about today's press conference is sometime this afternoon.
edit on 12-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I am hoping they find her safe. I normally would be against micro chipping children but sometimes I wonder if that is what it takes to keep little ones from being abducted. The deterrent factor alone, not knowing whether or not this child might be tracked could be enough to less incidence of this devastating and heartbreaking crime. Mothers, fathers, siblings...this crime affects, haunts and torments an entire family for the remainder of their lives.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Just?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Too bad this female is most likely suffering some tramatic experience. You don't get "abducted" and then go away unharmed. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she turned up dead. It's harsh but that's how things are in today's debaucherous society.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Just?

Considering how this other girl is chopped in pieces id say just....
A chip wouldn't stop this from happening these cases are very rare
and chip or no chip the nutjobs going to murder and rape are going to do it
regardless. This aint the 50s anymore how about we not let our 8 year old walk alone to
school over a mile away... Responsible parenting not chips* are needed.

edit on 12-10-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Just?

regardless. This aint the 50s anymore how about we not let our 8 year old walk alone to

Take your insensitivity to a different forum, or atleast have the respect enough to have self control on what you vomit out of that brain of yours. I could care less how much of a realist you are. Dont be a troll on a thread that is motivated with compassion to this lost girl. Anyone in their right mind would not be so blatant about a subject like this as you have been. Stop! Think! Formulate in yourself a heart or stay out of the discussion.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
on the RFID note... wouldn't a faraday cage, like a car/van or window-screen cage, stop any attempt at a RFID reader picking up on it?

A cell phone obviously has the ability to penetrate a car, but a RFID requires close proximity to read (because it uses induction from the readers signal to transmit)... There was a recent battery tech made out of sugar and another one that dissolves once its been used... so maybe a tiny cell phone could be implanted, one use, and triggered by a concerned parent... and it dissolves after say 8 hours of transmitting pings to the local cell towers (far less power use to log these, and have someone calculate the position from the logs)

If RFID chips were required, a predator would change their behavior... in what ways? I have no idea... will it be a deterrent... I do not think so, on the basis that it will only marginally increase their risk of being caught.

Plus it gives the predators an incentive to remove the chip (which isnt going to be a clean surgery by some a-hole with a knife)...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm disgusted that a site that supposed to "deny ignorance" has a thread that is nothing but a "I HOPE U GET WELL SOON" response by casuals. Proof that their isn't really any place that hasn't been totally infested with the ignorant.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodParticle
Honestly, I'm disgusted that a site that supposed to "deny ignorance" has a thread that is nothing but a "I HOPE U GET WELL SOON" response by casuals. Proof that their isn't really any place that hasn't been totally infested with the ignorant.

Calm down, the response people show is going to be revolving. You cant expect everyone to react the same. Atleast they are aware of it and have not interjected some malice point of view, inwhich a few here have. Stay focused on the thread topic please.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Once again, she did not walk to school by herself every day. She walked 3 blocks and joined a group of kids for the rest of the walk.

There sure is a short window of time for her to be picked up. These leads me to believe she either intentionally walked away from the usual path after being out of sight of her mother, or whoever picked her up had her schedule down pat and knew exactly when to nab her.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17

Once again, she did not walk to school by herself every day. She walked 3 blocks and joined a group of kids for the rest of the walk.

There sure is a short window of time for her to be picked up. These leads me to believe she either intentionally walked away from the usual path after being out of sight of her mother, or whoever picked her up had her schedule down pat and knew exactly when to nab her.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Whomever nabbed her studied her for awhile, probably from a vehicle. I wonder if the residents in the area noticed an out of place vehicle? I always noticed strange cars on my block.
edit on 12-10-2012 by imagineering because: spell check

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodParticle

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. What is it you want people to say?

There is nothing wrong with people being hopefully and praying that this child is safe. Sometimes kids are found alive. The more people that give up and start thinking she is dead, the less people will continue to look for her. Less people will pay attention to odd occurrences from their neighbors. There has to be hope if she is to be found.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit report was interesting. Yeah someone in the area could observe some changes but now adays people are to consumed with their phones etc to observe anything. Personally I think if people put their phones away and rejoined the world things would be safer. No one pays attention, that is why the bad guys are able to do these evil things.

As for Mr. PCmafia- as to what age is it acceptable for children to walk by themselves or in a group? How long does Mommy have to hold her childs hand before people like you are satisfied? Is 16 old enough to walk across the street alone or do you have a problem with that? This child was not walking in 5 points by herself, she was walking and meeting up with a group in basically a safe residential area!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Best wishes to the family and those involved in the search.

These types of stories always leave me with a chill. Even before having my own children. I have to say though, since having them i can almost feel (physically rather than with empathy) the pain her parents must be going through.

It is a bit strange isn't it? You are always told "wait until you have your own, you will see what i mean" and you just dismiss it as the rantings of a sleep deprived parent, thinking to yourself "what are you on about? I know what empathy is". Then you have your own kids and find out differently..........

Anyhoo, again, best wishes to the family. I hope this turns out happier than most similar cases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join