It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Jessica Ridgeway

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Moderator note:
no offense but WHY is this still front page ATS after 4 days!

I generally check the two main stories and occassionally when I have time I delve into the Recent Posts... same two posts for four days.

change it up already!

Mods, please listen to this poster. They are the boss of ATS now, what they say goes. MMK?

I thought that threads were up top based on replies and views of the post? If it is more popular and people are reading/replying then won't it stay at the top until something else more popular comes along?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A Damn shame...
When I first read this thread before they found her. I thought the mother had something to do with this. In the context that there was a custody battle.

In all truth.. I was hoping the mother just hid the girl away, or sent her away so she could keep her under her wing. AS that would have been much better than the truth of what happened to this poor girl.

Dismembered, and dropped in a a park. %$#king sickening. And really hurts my heart. I know there are some sick people in this world. I just can not fathom how anyone could do this to a kid. A shame, and my emotions are running high right now, so it would be best if I just stop here right now..

senseless, waste of a life.
Glad I do not have any kids.. I would be a mess most the time. And never let them out of my site in this day and age.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Whats up with all this cover-up chatter that I am reading on other sites, even my friends are bringing it up. Some think the local PD knows a heck of allot more then what they have told the public because allot of things are not adding up. Anyone else hear any interesting chatter? One interesting post is how the "perp" is actually toying with the police department. Keep your senses parents.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

Good let the perp toy with PD. Let that sicko get a sense that he is getting some kind of attention to draw this SOB out.
I would hope and pray they smoke this SOB out.. And yeah parents, do not let this happen to your kid..
For Gods sake... this is horrible, just down right freakin horrible, and when they catch this guy.. I am sure its a guy.. They give him no attention beyond saying we got him.. And then put him in Max, and let the other inmates deal with this sack of crap.
I would rather see who ever did this rot in jail, and get it back from inmates than put to death.. Death would be doing this murder a favor. In my eyes letting him off the hook.
Let the Inmates serve him his death sentence. They do not take kindly to short eyes in prison.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

Well they definitely know more than they have stated. They haven't released anything about the crime scene other than where it was and that she was dismembered.

They also won't say anything about what was found in the backpack. Why not, unless there was something of value in there. As I said on another post, an FBI agent claims he thinks the backpack was planted by the killer to tease the police. He also said often times the killers will leave a note inside an item they leave. There has been no mention of a note, but they won't say anything about what was in the backpack. Even more creepy is the idea that there were missing body parts from the crime scene. Now ask yourself what could have been in the bag they don't want people to know about.

I know they are looking for the suspect in the other two abduction attempts because they think he could be connected to Jessica. But it also seems like they aren't trying to get that info out there very hard. I just happened upon the sketch of the guy. It is hardly posted anywhere. As I said before, I think they have reason to believe this will become a serial child killer and they are afraid parents are going to panic. If there was a note in the backpack, maybe it mentioned intent to kill again.

They have to keep some aspects of the case away from public eyes because it can be detrimental to the case. It can also help them identify when they have found the right person, not some kind of crazy guy who just confesses for the attention.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
Why does everyone are about one specific girl disappearing? It happens every day. The only reason half of you care is because you heard about it.

You don't have any children do you?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow, it seems like everyone is a little behind here, so maybe you folks should be doing some more research on the I-Net.. Looks as though they have found and have already charged someone regarding the abduction and assault from Cody Wyoming.. The responsible's name is Jesse Paul Speer, and they seem to have caught him in Montana, after finding photographs of his WHITE SUV, and being able to read the license plate number at Yellowstone National Park, park through which he had passed; It seems to be a positive ID "with" a confession; here is the link: www.ktvq.com...#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/0.

That's Cody Wyoming though, so I imagine they are still trying to find the Colorado culprit, but there is a chance this Speer guy could have been involved in both kidnappings.. Check out the link: He was a NATURE PHOTOGRAPHER of all things..
edit on 15-10-2012 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2012 by tony9802 because: add detail

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

Now there is speculation that the Wyoming arrest, see link above, may be connected to the Jessica Ridgeway abduction; it seems as though this fellow, Jesse Paul Speer, also lived and worked in Colorado, so the authorities are probably looking into connections.. Here is a link with that alert: news.gather.com... That article title reads as follows:
Alert: Is Wyoming Arrest Tied to Jessica Ridgeway?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
One more bit of info that I just found..The blue sedan belonged to someone who had scared a 13 year old boy. The boy told his mom and she took a picture of the Blue Sedan.. but the owner of that vehicle cleared..Earlier in the post there was discussion about the Blue Sedan, so that's now been eliminated as an option in the Ridgeway case..here is the article for that interesting bit of info:news.yahoo.com... mments%2Fcontext%2F7c91d835-38c7-330e-88c3-410b29164c43%2Fcomments%3Fcount%3D20%26sortBy%3Dlatest

One other thing, alot of people on this post seem to be more interested in their personal opinions than in the actual facts and investigation revolving around the murder of this child that took place only a week ago..Let's tidy up our thinking and stop being so selfish.. if anything, helping out with the investigation would seem to be one of the objectives of this post..
edit on 15-10-2012 by tony9802 because: spacing

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

Police have said more than once that they don't believe the case in Cody has anything to do with Jessica, though I do wonder if they will look into it again now that they have found out he has ties to Colorado AND Kansas City. I posted about them finding this guy on the last page. Really, the only ones speculating about a Cody connection have been bloggers from what I have seen.

The 18 y/o in the blue sedan that spoke to the 13 y/o was totally cleared and it really isn't relevant. The 18 year old's girlfriend lived in the neighborhood and he stopped to ask the 13 y/o if he would go knock on the girl's door for him. The boy got spooked and ran home. His mom snapped a picture. When the 18 y/o saw it in the news he turned himself in and explained. He was completely cleared and the police called it a misunderstanding. All this came out a few days ago.

This website claims the police had to use DNA evidence to identify Jessica's body, which we already knew, but I didn't realize it was because they couldn't do dental records or fingerprinting. This unfortunately suggests some of the missing parts would include her head and hands.

Other than these things, there really isn't any new information that isn't just pure speculation from blogs. Personally, I think things should shift to finding the suspect they are calling the "candyman" who attempted to abduct other children prior to Jessica's disappearance. I really think this is the man. Here is his picture again.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Why is it, that we can MAKE children carry school I'D's with GPS, but yet we can't get convicted sex offenders to wear a chip, so they can be tracked ?

edit on 16-10-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

When I get emotionally overwhelmed, I just shut down. I would look like a zombie, not a hysterical mess.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

I didn't get abducted, but when I was about 5 or maybe even 6, (this would have been in the early 70's),....I had a man in rural east Texas expose himself to me in the toy section of a department store...sick people out there.....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wonder where the toothless comment came from. This criminal psych. obviously knows more about the case than we do. A lot more. I just can't fathom how you could arrive at that conclusion unless you've got some pretty strong indicators other than a profile based on psychology alone. Unless this psych. is thinking that the perp is "coveting" what the girl has, which makes me think that it's possible that they recovered the head sans teeth, and that the teeth weren't removed to prevent identification, but as some sort of trophy maybe?

This "taunting" of the police reminds me of Dennis Rader, the BTK killer, though he targeted women, not children. When I was taking sociology the professor said that these types of murders are the hardest to solve because of their "randomness" and the victim being completely (or almost completely, if stalking has been going on beforehand) unknown to the perpetrator. This is why cases like these are rarer than others. In most cases the victim knows the perpetrator to some extent. I wish I had a bunch of extra cash so I could do my own investigation. From the beginning I thought the placement of the backpack was very strange.....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
Whats up with all this cover-up chatter that I am reading on other sites, even my friends are bringing it up. Some think the local PD knows a heck of allot more then what they have told the public because allot of things are not adding up. Anyone else hear any interesting chatter? One interesting post is how the "perp" is actually toying with the police department. Keep your senses parents.

As it should be! Telling the public all they know could ruin their chances of catching this guy I would think.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Here is an interesting take on Jessica's killer.

Source

The source at the link above is claiming it is possible a couple took Jessica. I'm not so sure about that, but at the link there is something she said that is pretty true.

Remember that Jessica walked 3 blocks to the park to meet friends. The first block, her mother watched her from the house. This means she was picked up in a two block area. I've had issues with this before because two blocks is nothing. I can see two blocks down my street and I'm sure any friends waiting at the park could as well. I haven't heard any statements from her friends though, so I'm not sure if they saw anything or not.

The source claims the killer was not a stranger but a person Jessica knew, or a known member of the community. If a stranger pulled up to her in that two block area, surely she wouldn't have been able to be pulled into the vehicle without making some kind of noise that would have attracted her friends or anyone else around. This leads us to believe she probably knew the person that pulled up. Perhaps they offered her a ride to school. Maybe even a teacher or principal? She most likely willingly got into the vehicle and there was no screaming to be heard.

With that said, there has been no new info. Police received over 300 tips on Tuesday but I guess none panned out. Over 3,000 people attended her memorial service. I'm starting to believe this is going to end up being a case that never gets solved

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This happened in the Kansas City area today. I'm am not claiming it is related to Jessica, no sources have said it is, but you never know. Jessica had ties to Kansas City and her killer may as well. This girl is older than Jessica, but she did drop her backpack on the sidewalk during her escape. Seems familiar.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I don't have any new info to share, but I did want to say thanks for keeping this updated. I know a lot of the talk has died down for now as we wait for more info to come to light, but I am still checking back here oftern to see if there are any new leads posted.

~OkieDokie

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join