It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish State TV: Turkey Forces Syrian Airplane to Land at Ankara Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is just in and may be a hint of the upcoming escalations between Syria and Turkey. Please forgive the sources as they are all reporting what has been said on Turkish TV and the details are very slim.

This could be nothing at all but is certainly worth keeping an eye on:

Turkish State TV: Turkey Forces Syrian Airplane to Land at Ankara Airport

Turkish state TV: Turkey forces Syrian airplane to land at Ankara airport.

This happens as NATO just announced that they are ready to back Turkey in a war with Syria, even though that the mortar shell that hit the Turkish border was a NATO shell and it was rumored from the very beginning that the FSA claimed responsibility for the original attack.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NATO Signals Readiness to Attack Syria

I knew this was going to eventually happen, it was just a matter of when.

Hopefully they release more details of the alleged incident with the plane as I would like to know why Turkey commanded a Syrian plane to land, perhaps it breached Turkish air space?

Or perhaps Turkey is trying to escalate the situation, I just don't know.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Is this a plane coming out of Syria or flying into Syria? I predict that Turkey will say they found a cache of weapons and maybe soldiers in the airplane. The boxes will say Nato but will be spray painted over with Iran with a backwards R. With a personal note from Ahmadinejad to Assad telling him thanks for the lovely bomb basket and making 9/11 and jew jokes.

Sorry, no other possibility I see here. Something along those lines.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

I have been looking for more information into this incident and there are many conflicting reports. I have seen reports that Turkey is no longer allowing planes into Syrian air space due to safety concerns.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the MSM decides to feed us on this concern and then need to filter out the BS to put the puzzle together.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
According to twitter, the plane was travelling to Syria from Moscow! Sorry, can't confirm that yet though. It may be a load of trash. Along with the claim it may have weapons on board.

Good lord it could be true!

rt.com...
edit on 10/10/12 by logicalview because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/12 by logicalview because: Addition of link and surprised comment!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The Airbus was intercepted on its way from Moscow by F-16 jets as it entered Turkish airspace. A Turkish Foreign Ministry official confirmed that a Syrian plane was forced to land at the capital's Esenboga Airport over suspicions it was carrying arms, and that authorities were "inspecting the plane''.

edit on 10/10/2012 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Have the domino's started to fall?

I think many of us saw that coming, when we first saw the reports of hostilities happening near the Turkish border.

I am faced with two realities here:

1. Turkey has every right to protect its territory and citizens with force

2. The above is exactly what certain parties are planning on

I just hope the bloodshed does not escalate and go to sleep and hope nothing worse has happened.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here is an update that cannot be confirmed so take it as you will:

BREAKING: Turkish televsion channel NTV reports that "material deemed to be missile parts have been seized" on downed Syrian airliner.

www.breakingnews.com...

This sounds too convenient if you ask me, stay tuned for updates...

edit on 10-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There is no doubt that Turkey is acting as a proxy for NATO, particularly with the seizure from the Moscow originated airliner. This situation is very dangerous. NATO is in effect blockading Russian arms aid to Syria, even if only sporadically. Remember the tanker with Russian helicopters that was prevented from going to Syria?

NATO is not playing footsie with Russia under the table. They are kicking their shins under the table.

Russia must make up its mind about what it wants to do about Syria, go along with NATO or support Assad in meaningful ways, i.e., with military support flown through Iranian airspace.

The diplomatic games are coming to an end on the issue of Syria.

Chess is Russia's game but this is different. This is speed chess, New York style. You can bet that the Americans are ready for any decision Russia makes. They want to push the Syrian gambit to a conclusion, because they have something else in mind.

It seems clear that NATO, having been stymied in its attempt to oust Assad using methods tried successfully in Libya against Gaddafi, have now decided to topple Assad by means of war between Turkey and Syria.

Turkey has been wrangling with Syria for a long while now in the eastern province of Sirnak, where it accuses Syria of doing with the Kurds, what Syria accuses Turkey of doing with the Free Syrian Army, i.e., letting them operate just over the border, out of reach. New Year's Eve 2011/12 Turkey accidentally killed a lot of Kurdish diesel smugglers from Iraq, thinking they were PKK insurgents.

Mistakes happen. Even Turkey makes those kinds of mistakes, but this latest situation is deeper and much more important.
edit on 11-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

top topics

join