It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Obama campaign staffer caught helping activist vote twice!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Videographer James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas caught an official for President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign helping who she thought was an Obama supporter set herself up to vote more than once in November.

Reporter: And there's no way they'd be able to cross reference the ballots?
Obama Campaign: If you voted twice?
Reporter: Yeah.

Obama Campaign: I don't know this. That's not my expertise.
Reporter: Yea I don't want to get in any trouble but like I said if no one's gonna know Reporter: I don't have a problem with it.

Reporter: Yea, so anyway - But -
Obama Campaign: Oh my God this is so funny. It's cool though!
Reporter: But I was gonna see as far as all the registering for Florida -
Obama Campaign: Mhm Reporter: Where do I get the forms to do that?
Reporter: Or not registering but voting in Florida for the absentee -
Obama Campaign: So what you'll have to do is you're going to call in to Florida.
Reporter: Okay. Obama Campaign: And call - Let me see.
Obama Campaign: Are you going to do what I think you are going to do?
Reporter: Well I mean if no one's gonna know - Obama Campaign: Laughter Obama Campaign: You're so hilarious!

It was hard to watch/listen, because both appear to be complete "air-heads", but if this is being caught, then what about the ones that aren't. Do you guys have a nation wide Database that covers everyone whom has registered and later on, who actually voted? State by State, I'm sure, but National?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Reporter was trying to entrap the staffer in my opinion...

James O'Keefe is a conservative activist who started this Project Veritas need i say more?

Edit: Here is some info on O'Keefe

Because his work has become widely seen as deceptive, O'Keefe's initial success in gaining extensive media attention caused controversy and discussions of journalistic standards. By the summer of 2011, his claims to have uncovered widespread Medicaid fraud, purportedly documented on videos released in Maine and other locations, were treated with more skepticism by the media and governmental officials.[8][9] For instance, the Maine governor Paul Lepage said that the video could help improve staff training, but it did not show evidence of a worker trying to defraud the welfare system.[10]

I pronounce a verdict of guilty on him.

edit on 10-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In alot of states in the U.S you don't need to present an I.D to vote, so I guess that makes it kinda hard to have a real account about who actually votes legitimately.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What is the point of voter ID? I voted by absentee ballot before traveling out of the country. IMO if they can’t regulate all the ways it can be perpetrated then leave it be. There is no one pushing regulations on absentee ballots.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This is not fascinating at all...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makeshift
In alot of states in the U.S you don't need to present an I.D to vote, so I guess that makes it kinda hard to have a real account about who actually votes legitimately.

You usually have to sign when you vote though. Would be tough to try and vote again with your signature already filled in.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Is Okeefe really still around?

And people still take him serious?

He has been caught editing all of his stupid little entrapment videos, but I guess desperate people don't care about that.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

So what your saying is that the U.S gov shouldn't even bother to try and make sure the vote is conducted correctly because they can't catch %100 of fraud? So don't even bother try and catch any?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

My opinion is I.D = more accountability. No I.D = less. How much more or less who knows, but it just seems to make sense to have to present an I.D for basically anything that is supposed to be official.
Signature does count for something.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Makeshift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join