It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance My Derriere!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Could someone please enlighten me, as to how anyone on this sight can deny ignorance, if they can't even get a simple question answered on a thread?

I have had this happen quite a few times. I am not a genius, I don't know everything. There are also times, I can't watch videos, I'm at work. I don't have internet at home.

This would be why I ask questions!!!!!!

Why are you even bothering to start a thread? I guess for the flags and stars.

So much for common courtesy I guess.

And thanks for helping me Deny Ignorance!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
SEE????
Can't even get a response here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

So much for common courtesy I guess.

My sentiments exactly....Patient eh?....my derriere!

You complain after only 15 minutes? Get back to work.
edit on 10/10/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Well, I can't speak for everyone here....just my self. Why do I even bother with ATS? Alot of people here on ATS have asked me that. I don't post many threads and usually don't agree with the conspiracy side of things. The reason I bother is because I really enjoy seeing how other people see the world and their opinions on things. You can learn alot about the way people think here. And occasionally I do come across that one little post or thread that changes how I view things.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And, occasionally someone throws up a cool UFO video.
2nd

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I'm sorry, I didn't mean ATS in general.
I just meant that if you are going to post a thread, shouldn't you at least respond, when someone asks a question about it? (In a none trolling way.)

I'm older, so I guess it just seems rude to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Your original post made me laugh. Shouldn't have edited it.

Boss gave me a break since I just did quarterlies, so there.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
First may I say poor baby!
Sometimes we just need one. Second, I hear you. I often ask questions in threads and get answers less than half the time. Kind of makes you feel like your invisible.
Additionally if your seeking information, you really want it! Just remember to provide answers yourself when asked and think about the nasty karma these ignorers are racking up.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I agree.
It's quite rude not to respond to questions in a thread.

So what's worse being ignored or being the "threadkiller" who posts last?
I seem to be doing that to a lot of threads lately.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Exactly.
I don't start many threads, but I do take the time to respond, even if it has to be the next day.
Good call on the karma!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Threadkiller, I like that!
I wouldn't worry about that one though, I've noticed that some people get bored really fast with a thread, especially if they are looking for an argument with it and not getting it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
My derriere

on dit mon Q en bon francais

Please dont star this post but flag the thread

edit on 10/10/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Active threads can be difficult to keep up with replying to. Real life gets in the way often. In my own case if a question is asked that I have already answered ( either in the OP or subsequent replies ) I'll ignore it if the thread is busy.

Also consider that many people only log on once in awhile. So a question might go unanswered for days, or weeks and then is finally answered.

Then there are those who treat threads like abandonware. Post an OP, post another OP, and another, and another... and rarely, if ever, return to revisit their previous threads. Of them, all I can say is learn to recognize them and don't star or flag their threads.... they'll catch on quick once the accolades cease.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I won't respond to a thread for several reasons.

1. I don't know anything or next to nothing about a subject.

2. i'm concerned and confused about how people will respond because no matter what I say or how I say it somebody will get offended by it and bash me.

3. I don't know what to say even if i do know an answer to it.

4. I just don't have anything to say about it.

5. It's a troll thread.

6. The person will not listen to what I have to say and will not change their mind on the matter so it's pointless to respond.

Just a few reasons why I won't respond to a thread.

But I too get this a lot, I do sometimes ask a question that never receives an answer when I want one.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Could someone please enlighten me, as to how anyone on this sight can deny ignorance, if they can't even get a simple question answered on a thread?

I have had this happen quite a few times.

No, you haven't. One quick look at the threads you have started, most asking some sort of question, shows that every single question you have asked has been answered, even those that one could say you ought to have been able to answer yourself.

That's nonsensical. You were just asking why no one answered your questions (which happens to be not true) and now you jump to why people are STARTING threads? Then you suggest its because of stars & flags.

And you want common courtesy. The best way to get that is to offer it first, which you don't seem to be doing. Indeed, you're angry because no one answered you immediately and you needlessly criticize nameless people for something they demonstrably do not do.

Well guess what? We're not here at your beck and call to come running and give you immediate answers to what are often insipid questions. (Take a look.) The quality of the answers you receive is directly rrelated to the clarity of the questions you ask.

EVERY SINGLE QUESTION you have asked on ATS as a thread starter has been answered. Most of your threads have double digit answers. So your basic rant here is simply untruthful.

And if you'd drop the attitude, you might get better answers.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I think the OP means He isn't getting answers to questions he asks in other people's threads.

OP:
I know how you feel. It's a bummer. People are just busy...try not to take it personally.

edit on 11-10-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

While I do appreciate your apparent attention to detail, you seem to have miss read my thread. It was about response to a question in other peoples thread.

And I am sorry if my response in my own thread upset you.
It was a joke! Lighten up.
This is a rant section.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Honestly, in a lot of cases I believe it's because the OP, and the majority of the participants in the thread, are looking for validation of their theory or beliefs expressed in the thread in general. A lot of threads that I've seen where questions go ignored are not trying to engage in civil debate or educate members of ATS on any given topic and just seem to be asking for blind validation that they are 'correct' or at least on the right track in their thought process.

I've had the same thing happen to me many times and I find it just as rude as you do. When I ask a question in a thread it is because I've taken the time to try to research the topic on my own and still have some amount of confusion on the topic or need some clarification. The good thread starters who have nothing to prove in terms of their knowledge on the topic seem to be more than willing to answer any questions/alternate theories that pop up in their threads. (RaisingAgainst comes to mind in his threads)

Heff I think had a good point. Come to know the OPs and possible thread topics where questions or challenges to the thread's ideas go ignored. I have done this and personally it feels kind of nice to deny THEIR ignorance.

top topics

join