It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been visited by a deceased loved one?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
my mom has had a lot of stuff happen that she sees, hears or feels weird stuff, and its not just her, a lot of the stories shes told me involve people like aunts and uncles that swear it happened whent hey were with her.

some of the stories i remember her telling for example, in mexico her and her brothers and sisters were driving down some dark road in the middle of the night and suddenly they had to stop because in front of them, in the middle of the road, were a bunch of people, and some were digging and breaking up the road, so they stopped for a few minutes and nobody payed attention to them so they honked and honked and the people still ignored them, so they slowly started moving the car forward hopoing the people would get out the way and as soon as they reached a certain point where they were very close all the people just dissolved & disappeard. This was maybe 30 - 40 years ago, I asked them if they ever went back to dig but she said they did not.

Another time, when i was about 4 or 5 yrs old we lived in a very very small 1 room little shack. It was more like a storage to put tools n such that my parents were poor and they would rent the little place from one of their relatatives. In this little shack my mom would always hear footsteps on the roof. This shack by the way was made out of sheet metal, very thin, my memories of that place are pretty much gone, i dont remember much, what i do remember is a vice grip that was installed, i would always put my little toys and whatever i could find in that thing and squish the heck out of them. Anyways, my mom would always hear stuff on the roof, big heavy footsteps, the day finally came we were moving out and some relatives (a husband and wife which were , distant relatives that we wouldnt see that often, were helping us move, my dad and the husband were outside, and mom and the lady inside, they were taking apart a dresser and by both of their accounts, there was some nail sticking out so they hit it with a hammer to straighten it out, and as soon as they hit it a very bright powerful light erupted from there, it was so bright that they both jumped back and they lady screamed so my dad and husband ran inside, they both described what happened, and to this day everytime they see each other they will bring it up, these are people that see each other maybe once in a few years or so, very distant, its probably been well over 10 years since they have seen each other.

Another time, when i was a child about 1st grade, this was maybe 25 or so years ago, we lived off to the side of town, there was houses n such but wasnt too crowded, one morning my mom as she was getting ready to wake us up to go to school, she saw a boy outside, slick shiny really shiny black hair, dressed in super white clothes, walking by the house down the road, he made no contact just walked alone as in a hurry, this was around 6am or so, he looked to be around maybe 4 or 5 yrs old. My mom lookd around for parents or anybody but nobody came, this boy walked about half a quarter mile in front of our house to where there was a bigger street and turned down the other street and kept walking, my mom kinda worried so she took off after him becuase of fear he might be lost, she ran down the street and by the time she turned to the street where the boy had gone, he was about 2 or 3 miles away and barely a speck down the road, he had basically travelled that far in the matter of time it took my mom to get from the house to the corner, at this point she was thinking about getting in her car and driving away but was afraid of leaving us alone. I remember her saying she spent all day hearing the radio and news to see if there was any reports of missing kids or if people would pass by asking but nobody did.

Another one is about ufos, during the early 90s there was a lady that my mom was good friends with, she came and told her one day there had been multiple ufo sightings near her home during those past days, and if she wanted to go, she said she did want to go and went along with my aunt, while they were there looking she said she saw what looked like a star, so distant and small , but slowly moving, at this point the lady friend told her "look, there it is, there it is, run inside quick" but it was so small and far my mom hesitated, in a matter of seconds the star came down and had huge bright lights that shown towards her and my aunt, and they both froze, she does recall other people that were also waiting for it, and when the thing came down and was shining the lights, she remembers seeing a group of people sitting in the middle of a field that she hadnt noticed before, the light was shining down the people and they looked up at it. This was also confirmed by my aunt who pretty much lives now on the opposite coast from us.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've been reading stories about deathbed visions on a discussion forum where hospice nurses speak.

allnurses.com...

It's very interesting. I wonder if science can prove whether or not it is a hallucination, but it seems like some things are just unexplainable. Many beautiful stories in that link though.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've never seen any person I've known after they've died, but my mother alleges she saw her father when he died.

I've written before about it on this forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Thanks for the stories. People keep it coming

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I am grateful you were able to experience this. It is a privilege few have. Unless, it is experienced it is not easily understood. When the body ceases before the soul is through, there is a hesitation to ascend and a traumatic realization occurs. It takes some souls eternity to move on. That is why I say, prepare your self spiritually, do not live life in fear, let love guide you, daily, for you never know when your soul will need to move on, wants to or not.

I am happy for his soul, that you were able to help him make that transition.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i was visited by grandpa that died the year before.. i was sleeping and out of no where i woke up and he was sitting next to me. he was transperant but not fully he said "how are you" i did not respond i guess i passed out because i couldnt remember what happened next.. but for sure it was not a dream

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes.

Yes.

Those are memories.

Now was gone a milisecond ago.

Memories,someday we will all be one.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I've lost quite a few close friends and loved ones. Only two have haunted me in dreams after their passing and I am reasonably certain that both are periodically visiting as ghosts. The most prominent one was my fiancee who was in my dreams nightly for nearly 2 solid months after her passing. What is interesting is the other loved one started appearing in my dreams then and I am certain she came to my dreams to help me through the grief. The last dream I have solid memory of is of the one that came to help me through the grief telling me (dream was in march) I only had 8 or 9 months left. What the spooky part is is that two of my still living friends have repeatedly encountered two different ghosts in my apartment the last 3 weeks or so and a description of one of the ghosts matches up with what one of them looked like at 17.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I myself have walked and talked with someone who had died around six months earlier.

As for a loved one.
My mother visited my two year old daughter one Sunday morning in my bedroom.
My wife and I was awoken by our little girl who was sitting at the foot of our bed having a conversation with someone.
We nudged each other as she was talking as we didn't want to disturb her conversation.
She spoke for about fifteen minutes and then said goodbye to the person.

Most of my daughters conversation was in answers and we could tell it was my mum who was asking the questions.
It was just amazing.
This was our third daughter and my mum had died three months before she was born.
My other little girls had got to know their nan before she died but our little one had never met her.

When we went downstairs my wife asked our little girl who had she been talking to and she went straight over to a photo of my mum and pointed at her.

I'll never forget that morning because it could have been no one else but my mum.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
16 years ago my great grandmother passed away at 3:15am in June. She raised me even more than my mother did because of how much my folks worked.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment on any science argument or anything...its not possible for me to have hallucinated something I've never even imagined before.

I went outside to cry when I learned she had died when I looked over to my right and noticed a gentle white glow. There was a 10 foot deck my dad built with a long set of stairs blocking my view of its source and I laughed to myself and said "ok man, you're just thinking crazy now. I'm going to walk over there and prove to you that you're just imagining things."

I was completely terrified when I got there. I saw my grandmother standing there in what appeared to be some sort of door way with what seemed to be something like thousands of crystal stars in the background. If you've ever seen photos of Christmas lights that give off those 4 star light rays, each of these "stars" had that. I wish I could explain more, but its difficult as I never has seen anything like that before. It was an odd mix of crystal clear white light but it was no brighter than looking at the stars in the sky. "Crystal clear white" may sound like a contraction and I apologize but that's honestly the best way I can describe it.

Anyway...if you've ever looked at the brightest surface of the moon on a full moon night, that is what my grandmother looked light. As humorous as this might sound, but it was like she was a human light bulb. Best way I can describe it. I guess you could say something in the middle of the brightest part of the moon, a lightbulb, and lightening. I couldn't see her face or anything else...just form of her body in the appearance of this light.

Because of her outlined she, I believe she was wearing a gown that started at her neck and went all the way down to her feet. The light of her was very strange in the sense that it was blinding bright, yet it didn't make me squint...very difficult to describe, sorry.

Lastly, there was a loving warmth about this light. However all I could do was stand there completely frozen in shock and after about 5-10 seconds I finally covered my eyes and scream, then ran inside the house.

Its the greatest regret of my life that I ran off like that, but I was so terrified that I began to cry from fear. Not because I was afraid of her, but because there was something extremely pure about what I saw that gave me a sense that I'm not supposed to see something like this. Again, I apologize, its very difficult to describe. I'll just saw the awesomeness of the sight was nearly too much to bear.

You'll understand if you see one day...sincerely.

I am a Christian and I believe God allowed me to get a glimpse of her for whatever reason. I was so devistated with grief for 3yrs after she died that I nearly committed suicide.

In all honesty, looking back, I believe that vision of her was the only thing that kept me from following through with it.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, yes it was frighteningly awesome to see, but it was also the most wonderful thing I've ever seen. Sounds like a contradiction, but again, its honestly the best I can do for you to explain it.

There's no way anyone or anything could ever say or do to convince me that this was some kind of hallucination. You can only hallucinate what your mind can imagine. My mind doesn't have the capacity nor creativity to imagine something so unlike anything else in this world.

Take it or leave it, but this is what I saw.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sonny81

What a totally awesome experience that must have been for you!

You're grandmother was letting you know she was going to a wonderful place, and she probably wanted to say good-bye to you before leaving. At least you know she is in a wonderful place, very loved, and happy where she is.
That's a beautiful story!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I haven't had really anything happen however Ive dreamnt about my mum who I sadly lost to cancer back in 2010. Even to this day she appears in my dreams and seems quite happy. However my friend lost his grand dad a month back and ever since the lights in his grand mothers house keep flicking on and off. My friend told me that his grand father was always one for moaning about using electricity and turning off lights when they are not being used

My friend also mentioned that his grand dad said when he goes and gets to the other side he will let the family know he is ok ... So maybe the flicking lights on and off is the sign to say he is ok

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

Yes this has been happening to me since the age of 5. It used to be i would hear my name being called clear as day and the next day i would find out that someone had passed. The first time was with my Mother's boyfriend's Mother. I heard and saw a vision of her within a few minutes my Mom got a call that the lady ha committed suicide.

The second time I was with my Mother and and we both at the same time heard our names being called, and asked each other if we just said each other's name, and we both said no. that evening my Mother got a call that her Father had passed, he was also a suicide victim. When we went to his funeral, the night before my Mother and I both saw his apparation, and again i saw and heard him several times afterwards.

The third time it happened, I did not hear my name being called instead my phone would ring. The odd thing was my phone was off the hook and disconnected, and yes it would ring. I would answer and hear static on the other end but I couldn't make out what the person was saying. a month later my father wrote a later and confirmed that my Grandfather had died of a major heart attack. I was unable to attend that funeral.

the Fourth time it had to do with my step grandparent, I heard my name being called a moment later my Mom called and said he passed away from stomach cancer.

The Fifth time, was my grandmother, I was craving a breakfast cereal that she used to make my cousin and I for a week. Went out and bought it, ate it and was reminded of her, a week later my Mother called again and said she had passed away. That night I had a dream of visiting her in her home and being a child again, and running into her arms and sitting on her lap. She looked at me told me she loved me and I woke up. I also saw her spirit in my home shortly after the dream. I haven't seen her since.

Recently another relative of mine has passed and I remember thinking about him briefly over the weekend before I found out.

Have a nagging feeling in my body something to do with my Mom, i keep thinking about her constantly and have been meaning to call her to make sure she is okay.

so yes I have had my share of knowing when someone has died and seeing them afterwards. It isn't just me other people in my family have the same ability as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by sonny81

What a totally awesome experience that must have been for you!

You're grandmother was letting you know she was going to a wonderful place, and she probably wanted to say good-bye to you before leaving. At least you know she is in a wonderful place, very loved, and happy where she is.
That's a beautiful story!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm grateful that the experience touched your heart.

I'm very happy in my life nowadays and am grateful for everyone who is in it and who was in it. That said, I truly am excited to experience these things for myself when my time comes. My focus right now is just to love people the best way I can on a daily basis. In doing so, I can reflect God's character and enjoy his pleasure. To me, that's a preview of the great things to come.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words!! I wish you the best things in life.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

In my dreams. I had an encounter with my grandmother - very neat dream almost like we met in some kind of subway station to heaven. Hard to explain. I dreamed about my uncle who passed away when I was 18 - I saw him in a dream last year and he looked like he did in the 70s, when I was a kid. Healthy and happy. Everyone I see in my dreams who are deceased, always look happy and at peace in my dreams. Kind of like they are just passing through to say hello or to tell me they are happy and at peace.

But I saw my godmother shortly after she passed away in 2007 and I was wide awake. It was at our first family gathering since her funeral and I looked up at one point and saw her. I forgot she had died, and almost bounced up from my seat to hug her. She was smiling and looked healthy, happy. But with the blink of an eye, she was gone.

My grandfather was 95 at the time Esther passed away and living in a nursing home just across the street from her. Five days after Esther passed away, so did my grandfather. My mom went to visit him one night and he told her, "I don't want to live to 96. I want to die. Let me die. I want to see your mother." My mom told him she loved him, she forgave him and said, "Why don't you go then. Just close your eyes and sleep."

Later that night, I received a call from my sister that granddad had passed away. I believe Esther had something to do with his passing on. He went peacefully in his sleep.

That was a hard week for us all. As a church organist, I perform for many funerals and have had differnet experiences with each one. And some unexplained experiences when at the church late at night - but things have been very quiet and settled the past couple of months.

edit on 12-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
[more
I have very intense dreams, one is where my foster mum came the night she died, I had no contact with family then so did'nt know she was on her death bed, I do believe she came to say sorry to me, and I can say now I forgive her for all she has done and pray she rests in peace.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So I read this whole thread and decided I would like to write something, despite no one writing on here for almost a month.

When I was little, probably 5 years old, I looked up at the 2nd level of my grandma's house (there's a "catwalk" from one room up there to another and it's open so you can see it from downstairs) and saw who I thought was my grandfather. I never met him, he died 3 days after my mother told him she was pregnant with me. I never realized it was him until I was older & spoke to my grandma about it. She said she had seen him in her room about a week after he died. He died in that house in a downstairs room & I assume he had not been upstairs in that house at all, as he could not walk. I don't know why he was up there and not in the rooms downstairs. Whenever I sleep in the room he died in I'm always so cold that no blankets can warm me. The TV will go fuzzy. Stuff like that. I like to think he's always with me. I talk to him sometimes but usually it's one sided.

I've been trying to accept death. I don't think it's anything more than an ending which starts a new beginning. I can only hope I will accept it when the time comes.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I actually had both experiences. I've seen and smelled my grandfather before. (Even though he died before I was born.) and I asked my mother about what happened and she told me it was my grandfather, because he smoked heavily and drank heavily.(which is what I smelled.) Also, I have this spirit that follows me and her name is Emma. She's playful and nice but she won't protect me from a succubus... Which sucks...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I worked as a professional ghostbuster for a long time (even was a guest on TV shows like Sightings and Real Scary Stories doing my ghostbusting work.) And then I continued with my ghostbusting work and spirit healing work for the, oh, I dunno, 14 years since then (for free.)

There are aspects or psychic shells of a person that can remain in an area because that spirit has unresolved trauma from the time of death (usually a violent and sudden death, or death in the battlefield, or suicide.) And there can also simply be that spirit trying desperately to convey information that THEY feel is important to the living. (Old lady house syndrome is very common in older homes; the older woman who spent decades obsessing about the cleanliness and sanctity of her home dies and then haunts her old house as newer people come to live there; it's funny how the "messages" such spirits often have breaks down to "YOU'D BETTER KEEP THE WOODWORK CLEAN, BITCH!" (had such a spirit in my current home; took some work to convince her she had more important things to focus on in the afterlife!
)

Spirits of dead people I never even knew have frequently stopped by, given me their life stories, I work as a "psychopomp" to try to bring healing and help to them and to honor them. It's pretty common stuff for many psychics.

For the three days after death the person is still in between realms and that's the time when they usually get desperate about conveying messages to loved ones (who are usually too clueless and caught up in their own grief, or their own CRAP (if they've been waiting for grandmom to die for YEARS and are secretly happy that she's dead now.) People like me end up trying to both heal the dead person and also resolve the unfinished "business" -- trying to let the surviving loved ones know about whatever message the dead person is trying to convey. Usually, quite honestly, the surviving family members don't give a flying ff#kkkk. So people like me end up playing counselor to the dead person, sending them love as best we can, writing down their life stories and experiences to trying to honor them in some way; even if it's in a future book.

After the three days a dead person spends with one half of their energy still in this realm and one half in teh spirit realm, they usually make a transition on to a higher dimension. Few people stick around to become what most people call "ghosts."

Being visited in an extremely lucid dream by a recently deceased family member is extremely common; try to send love and forgiveness to that person; they often feel guilty about leaving loved ones behind.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LipstickMystic

I would love to hear more of your stories if you wouldn't mind. You can message me if you'd like. There's a really great thread you should post on, too. Lol I don't know if I'm linking it correctly but here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks for sharing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join